Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Role Of Women In Corpus Society

emaralez87

part1: why I wrote this

disclaimer: all I wrote in this part is based on my personal life experience as woman with big boobies who works in sphere, where most of professionals are male.

I was  inspired to write this text by the concept arts of female corpus enemies submissions in the ENEMIES OF THE TENNO  thread. when I saw all these sexy females in their twiggy fit suits and armour … I was so pity for corpus soldiers, because they are male and they just can’t to not errect react on this… only is they have a lot of Br in their food or they were castrated in the childhood… dmn! this is too cruel future for me! this is first contra reason for sexy spacesuits and armour, the zero one is constructional weakness of such constructions. nowadays flack jackets are unisex for pragmatic reason. even grineer body armour for women are “just body armour for women”, not sexy curved armour for boobies.

part2: two and half theories of women’s role in corpus society

1. equilibrium

male and female have equal rights and most of women just work as buhgalters, managers, scientists, teachers etc and less as crew on the spaceships. in this case their spacesuits should be same as male spacesuits, but adapted for female physiology, not point out it.

2. drifting spaceships

females, as reproduction machines, become one of the most important merchandise, so they are live and procreate children at the drifting reproduction storages. in this case they are not work as crew.

2.1 subfaction

smthng like Adepta Sororitas from wh40k. female conven, they have their own society, their own business(es) etc. in this case they may have sexy armour, but proper sexy armour, not twiggy, thin, fit armour. i.e. in absurde way it could be titan, like in titan fall, but designed and manufactured in graceful curves

Edited by emaralez87

Although the design for the corpus females are kindasorta fan-servicecy in a Space way in the enemy-design contest.

But the corpus females I seen were mainly support type.

So, I guess its up to DE on how corpus females should be taken.I guess?

ofcourse it's up to DE, but I'd like to see just only one conceptual concept art of corpus female unit. ok most of this fanservice arts are good and very good, but there are only fanservice arts. btw my concept art of Construction Crewman suppose male and female.

Although the design for the corpus females are kindasorta fan-servicecy in a Space way in the enemy-design contest.

But the corpus females I seen were mainly support type.

So, I guess its up to DE on how corpus females should be taken.I guess?

Hmm yes I see you're questioning my logic. Than explain to me why we need Life support on Earth.

Hmm yes I see you're questioning my logic. Than explain to me why we need Life support on Earth.

I think life support on Earth is smthng like radiation supress sistems or reductors of oxigen (too many oxigen is not good too :) )

I always kind of figured Corpus females should have the same suits as the men. Those suits are huge, seem to function as sort of space suits/protective wear, and are similar to space suits humans actually make, though more squared off. They're generally androgynous, and don't accentuate much of anything.

All it would take to make more female corpus would be to change the head model, and if they want to make it different they could change their height/size? but the corpus aren't even that big, and most of their bulk seems to be the suit, save for the gigantic orange guys.

Alternatively, they could make them a different unit entirely. They could play more with the corpus being strange cyborgs, give them more robotic augmentations, etc. Though it seems most corpus augmentations are internal, you can still seem them to an extent, like Alad V's eyes, and they still clearly serve a purpose. There are plenty of things they could do to make more diverse, interesting units.

It also seems unfitting for corpus to be wearing clothing that's revealing. All of the corpus seem to be covered up, even the ones seen outside of their spacesuits, it'd be a strange contrast.

you are read my mind!

That's easy, it's because of......gimme a second......wait...I need more time....

Why does Earth need Life support?!

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuu-I got it! Its because of Space-Logic.

Nothing beats good old Space-Logic. Yep. Nothing at all.

I think life support on Earth is smthng like radiation supress sistems or reductors of oxigen (too many oxigen is not good too :) )

Too much oxygen would mean bigger living beings, longer life time. Also look at how green Earth is. It's a lot better without humans.

1. equilibrium

male and female have equal rights and most of women just work as buhgalters, managers, scientists, teachers etc and less as crew on the spaceships. in this case their spacesuits should be same as male spacesuits, but adapted for female physiology, not point out it.

2. drifting spaceships

females, as reproduction machines, become one of the most important merchandise, so they are live and procreate children at the drifting reproduction storages. in this case they are not work as crew.

2.1 subfaction

smthng like Adepta Sororitas from wh40k. female conven, they have their own society, their own business(es) etc. in this case they may have sexy armour, but proper sexy armour, not twiggy, thin, fit armour. i.e. in absurde way it could be titan, like in titan fall, but designed and manufactured in graceful curves

Wow. All these ideas have my mind spinning. I always though it was strange that woman don't appear in the Corpus faction. I hadn't considered the possibility that it could be as sinister as subjugation taken to such an extreme as reducing woman to pure procreation farms chattel. That contrast with the Grineer who, though it hasn't been explored much, are lead by a matriarchy. 

Or, the other possibility that woman are a separate, but equal part of society among the Corpus. Interesting how they only fill non-military roles, but not impossible to imagine. Of, course that could be addressed by introducing them into the game instead of explaining them away. 

Very interesting.

Corpus are hairless beings that only show little of themselves and that is by shooting their helmets off.

I think that wether you saw a female corpus or not, you couldn't spot the difference in battle as they have an a-sexual appearance.

Wow. All these ideas have my mind spinning. I always though it was strange that woman don't appear in the Corpus faction. I hadn't considered the possibility that it could be as sinister as subjugation taken to such an extreme as reducing woman to pure procreation farms chattel. That contrast with the Grineer who, though it hasn't been explored much, are lead by a matriarchy. 

Or, the other possibility that woman are a separate, but equal part of society among the Corpus. Interesting how they only fill non-military roles, but not impossible to imagine. Of, course that could be addressed by introducing them into the game instead of explaining them away. 

Very interesting.

thanx!

Corpus are hairless beings that only show little of themselves and that is by shooting their helmets off.

I think that wether you saw a female corpus or not, you couldn't spot the difference in battle as they have an a-sexual appearance.

yeah corpus faces are very uvinialized (ok I don't know how to write this word in english). I mean they have childish faces, but IMO male childish faces, not female. but I like your idea! Edited by emaralez87

If there would be/should be a female crewman in any event, i think that they should be swifter and more agile enemies.

In battle: Males Hit hard but are rather slow.

Females are thin-framed agile beings, who are 2x faster, and maybe considerable weaker due to their physique.

A threat that is not to care about if its only one but could overwhelm a Tenno in groups, like Hyenas.

Axlotl tanks.

Awesome!

Although I find the Corpus a lot more Ix like than Tleilaxu.

edit. weren't there female Corpus mentioned on a livestream a few weeks ago? Some kind of scary melee elite female hitsquad mob or something?

Edited by Krjal

Awesome!

Although I find the Corpus a lot more Ix like than Tleilaxu.

edit. weren't there female Corpus mentioned on a livestream a few weeks ago? Some kind of scary melee elite female hitsquad mob or something?

so one more to drifting ships :)

I remember only this corpus bo

I think that all male Corpus are eunuchs since that fits with traditionally oppressive religions and sects. The females are most likely as some have said, some sort of bio-birth tanks to further distance sex away from the Corpus psyche. If you read the book 1984, you'll gain some insight into how oppressing sex can actually be an effective tool at keeping a population aggressive and detached from their emotions. If you have the technology to clone people, sex is something you can take out of the equation entirely right?

I think that all male Corpus are eunuchs since that fits with traditionally oppressive religions and sects. The females are most likely as some have said, some sort of bio-birth tanks to further distance sex away from the Corpus psyche. If you read the book 1984, you'll gain some insight into how oppressing sex can actually be an effective tool at keeping a population aggressive and detached from their emotions. If you have the technology to clone people, sex is something you can take out of the equation entirely right?

yes, castration in chilhood (and evolution ofcourse) can explain why corpus soldiers have childish faces.

so 5 to equilibrium, 3 to drifting ships and 0(!) to subfaction with boobie armour