The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When Is The Last Time Someone Searched The Forums For A Topic They Were Going To Post About?

alphex2357

Human common behavior, OP.

Are you going to search in a library before asking a question to the bookseller?

95% people won't. And I can understand.

If you can't, just ignore their threads, someone nicer will manage them.

None has to post in it to stigmatize and pour the hatred on them.

Also, that's why Moderators exist.

Edited by Yaer

To be perfectly honest though, sometimes the Search doesn't seem to give the most relevant results.

For example, searching Lex Prime in the trade topic gave me everything but a topic that has Lex in it. It only took "Prime" into consideration, and so pretty much all topics that had prime item were shown, making me waste time checking a few of them.

In other cases though, some posts do become repetitive, and can be found through the search function.

Edited by Casardis

Human common behavior, OP.

Are you going to search in a library before asking a question to the bookseller?

95% people won't. And I can understand.

I you can't, just ignore their questions, someone nicer will manage them.

Also, that's why Moderators exist.

I don't mind the re post though it bothers me sometimes when someone posts the same thing someone did like half an hour ago and is still on the first page of the forums.

To be perfectly honest though, sometimes the Search doesn't seem to give the most relevant results.

For example, searching Lex Prime in the trade topic gave me everything but a topic that has Lex in it. It only took "Prime" into consideration, and so pretty much all topics that had prime item were shown, making me waste time checking a few of them.

In other cases though, some posts do become repetitive, and can be found through the search function.

Yeah the search function is pretty bad I have a better time using google. I don't mind re posts just not when there is like ten of the same kind of topic on the front page.