The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Schadenfreude Players Intentionally Blocking Ogris To Teamkill

LeMoog

when i first learn to use to block teammates ogris it felt natural, its like im destined to do it

the fun it brings when they blow up and share their reactions do chuckles me up to the point that im always doing it whenever i see an ogris user because of the fact that chuckling is addictive.

wat.

Simple fix : rockets that detonates on a friendly unit does not trigger self-damage. So if people try to troll you by body-blocking you, you won't kill yourself and have a pretty darn clear proof they're intentionally trying to troll you.

That and running video capture or taking screenshots of their responses when you ask them to stop then report them with a ticket.

Edited by Wiegraf

As long as they revive me afterwards, I don't mind.

We need more friendly fire anyway.

Faction mobs that give us radiation procs.

Hurrdurr.

Honestly? Some value changes can fix that problem but I believe it's not the best solution, as it may cause other problems. You can resort to finding a nice big clan like Crescent Moon, EGT or something else. People you can trust and stuff.

Edited by Tyffie

I use my ogris responsibly, meaning I don't wipe the floor with it, I just shoot a rocket when it really needs to and let the others have fun. Never had a team m8 trolling me.

On the other hand, I really hate that self-closing door!!!!

I've got punch through on my penta. In yo' face!

Edit: Penta's are even better to use against enemies since you can fire them quickly and scatter the ground with them... so if you're trying to stop people from taking all the kills you're doing it really wrong! :D

Anywayz... the only time I've done something remotely trollish is when a Vauban kept bouncing my sis when she was downed.

Didn't end well for him. Having nearly every frame does have its advantages especially when you can ripline their sorry &#! whilst firing an Ogris and watch the Vauban's butt go flying. Otherwise... don't do it to a random (innocent) guy, it just makes you a jerk.

Edited by Sutherland

As much as I feel that allowing Ogris projectiles to fire through allies is immersion breaking, I think that it's the only efficient and viable fix for this.

Otherwise I guess it's bye bye Ogris.

Edited by 5tarlight

As much as I feel that allowing Ogris projectiles to fire through allies is immersion breaking, I think that it's the only efficient and viable fix for this.

Otherwise I guess it's bye bye Ogris.

Does punch through not work on the ogris? never tried it.

Edit:

NVM. of course it wouldn't work. I'll stick to my Penta...

Edited by Sutherland

As much as having trolls removed is always the best thing ever, how exactly would you do this?

By removing their ability to troll, if all fire passes through your teams mates then they cannot block you and if using zoom to get a scoped view then this also removes them from being able to block your vision then they can do whatever they like it wont effect game play.

These people are not playing for the game they are playing to cause grief and anger other players, if they cannot do it in warframe they will move to another gaem that does still allow abusive players to get off on their sick pleasures

Theres another fix. 

Sell your Ogris and build a Penta. Much better and you decide when it will explode. 

I have a penta too and am in the process of applying forma to make is comparable to my ogris however I would like to be able to use my ogris after I applied so many more forma to it already

All these "why dont you do something different" are ignoring the issue, the problem is not which weapon I use, other weapons can deal similar damage and warframes can deal more. The issue is that some people join this game to disrupt other players game's, they don't wish to play the game itself merely spread their hate.

If that is something that DE are happy with then they should say so and I can move to one that isnt interested in feeding trolls and revelling in hate.

Some people say friendly fire is good but there is no benefit to friendly fire on only some weapons when the majority are immune.

If you want to see friendly fire outside of the sparring room then a mode should be added as a special mission where all weapons can damage your team and people can block doorways, that would be reasonable and everyone would have a fair chance. If they intentionally block doorways you can shoot them and clear the path, if you are knocked down you get up automatically after a delay. You could even have it as a race to the finish with tenno v tenno play if that is what you want. This way it all balances out, you can shoot your team and they can shoot you fair for everyone unlike the situation at the moment which is only benefiting the trolls and giving them a place to practice their perversion. 

Edited by LeMoog

I have both weapons. 

Ogris is gathering dust. Reason is not the TK issue, but its looks. It looks horrible, its aesthetically out of place for warframes, even for the grineer soldiers. 

Penta is much more beautiful to look at. 

I didnt sell the Ogris because I hope DE will change its skin to something more rocket-like. They already did it with Torid. Another issue is the charging mechanism, its @(*()$ annoying.

The TK issue never annoyed me, since I use Shred on it and it really passes through players in the front (or it used to, since I dont play with it for a long time). 

So I should just let the trolls kill me and leave the game rather than ask DE to fix this problem?

Why not just abandon the mission everytime anyone is trolling so they get the pleasure to being overtly disruptive?

How about instead the troll's power to disrupt is removed as they are the one's causing the problem, at the moment it is ogris but it will be your favourite weapon next, these people are not fighting the official enemy they want to fight you and make you suffer because that is how they get their kicks, I suggest the weapon being used is immaterial to them

I am not asking DE to monitor all games like a babysitter although a vote kick would be nice as well but I am asking them to finish the antitroll measures that they started with making players unabel to block doorways

Did you quote the right post? Don't remember saying any of that.

Did you quote the right post? Don't remember saying any of that.

Did I read you post wrong? I took it to mean that I should change my default behaviour so as to avoid the trolls, many people have posted that they have used various methods to remove the effect of trolls namely:-

1. Use punch through mods (this makes it a gamble every time your fire, if you are lucky it will pass through the troll but then again it may just explode, what is more the mod effect every shot irrespective of trolls and I found that even when shooting at the floor the rocket did nothing at all, no explosion no point firing it)

2. Move position contineously or camp in inaccessible locations ( the first means that you are making it a game trying to block your fire the second is dependant upon how skilled the troll is)

3. Don't use the ogris at all ( basically admitting that the trolls get to remove a weapon, that requires a minimum mastery level to obtain, from your use. i.e the trolls get what they want yet again )

There were more but basically that people have come up with these techiniques and the problem remains says the problem is being ignored and I think it is time to sort it out.

The real solution is simply to make it so even if a troll stands directly infront of you then your projectiles pass right through them and if they also remove your own team from scoped or ironsight view then they cannot obstruct your view either.

DE have already made it so player models do not collide so why not finish the job and make it so fire acts in the same way? Why must the innocent have to change how they play because a minority of sickos prefer baitig their own team to completing the mission.

I don't expect DE to fix the trolls, I just wish that DE would stop feeding them so if we are really lucky the trolls will just go crawl back under their bridges or rocks. 

Edited by LeMoog

As a much simpler solution to all of this, and so as to not actually affect the current gameplay, simply do what loads of other team-based online games do (MOBAs tend to be the best example of this) - simply have a "Report" button, with a combobox to select the reason why you're reporting them

If a player gets, say, 100 reports, then they could have their account suspended for a week or something, and if reports continue after that period then DE could just close their account

That way, you're solving the root of the problem, not just finding some way to temporarily dodge around it

As a much simpler solution to all of this, and so as to not actually affect the current gameplay, simply do what loads of other team-based online games do (MOBAs tend to be the best example of this) - simply have a "Report" button, with a combobox to select the reason why you're reporting them

If a player gets, say, 100 reports, then they could have their account suspended for a week or something, and if reports continue after that period then DE could just close their account

That way, you're solving the root of the problem, not just finding some way to temporarily dodge around it

What happens when you make a clan angry and all their members report you for bogus reasons? lol