The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Most Overrated Mod In Warframe

PRIMED CHAMBER, MAMA JESUS!!!! ppl r paying f**king like 8,000 PLAT FOR A GODDAMN MOD, THATS LIKE 300$ WORTH OF PLAT....T_T  I mean sure, some ppl r payin like 3,000p for it hopefully to transfer the mod and earn even more plat but, personally, as what i think, u can definitely survive all warframe lvls without a sniper cuz its hard for crowds and u wont die without that mod

Because of the exclusivity of it. It was a reward for top 100 of something. For a short duration it was able to be gained from tranmute. Originally it was 100 made but after transmute a few more 100. But I assume you know this

Flow - unneeded with efficiency

Magnum Force - actually a DPS loss for most builds compared to another element/bane mod

Hammer Shot - likewise, generally element or bane is better, unless building Status%

Jagged Edge - people keep insisting ~75% slash is better than 60% corrosive, gtfo (exception might be Infested)

Gleaming Talon - srsly who brings a throwing weapon and then melees with it? Don't even need it for the points, everything fits with base polarities

Energy Siphon - not bad in and of itself, but bad when people refuse to use CP aura because they need their precious regen

Maxxed BR - generally a R7 is just as good, and costs ~12.5% of the modding to get there. Lets you get 50% efficiency which scales well with orb drops

Bad abilities - especially people insisting on bringing all 4. Either you're not gonna use all 4, or at least 1-2 of them are going to be absolute garbage.

Flow - unneeded with efficiency

Magnum Force - actually a DPS loss for most builds compared to another element/bane mod

Hammer Shot - likewise, generally element or bane is better, unless building Status%

Jagged Edge - people keep insisting ~75% slash is better than 60% corrosive, gtfo (exception might be Infested)

Gleaming Talon - srsly who brings a throwing weapon and then melees with it? Don't even need it for the points, everything fits with base polarities

Energy Siphon - not bad in and of itself, but bad when people refuse to use CP aura because they need their precious regen

Maxxed BR - generally a R7 is just as good, and costs ~12.5% of the modding to get there. Lets you get 50% efficiency which scales well with orb drops

Bad abilities - especially people insisting on bringing all 4. Either you're not gonna use all 4, or at least 1-2 of them are going to be absolute garbage.

Flow is quite nice when you're going for a Shadows Nekros build. Besides a Desecrate build which has max eff. I have a Nekros build with all abilities and it goes well. But I don't think I could balance shadows with Desecrate if I didn't have flow on.

This is one thing I disagree with. I have yet to forma out an ability slot and I don't plan on doing it. Every ability has its place and the ones that don't will be made useful one day.

Edited by Ionus

Nope.  Especially since most good crit build weapons have a 200% or better crit multiplier.  That means an extra 120% damage which also effects any elemental mods you already have :|

Edited by Aggh

Nope.  Especially since most good crit build weapons have a 200% or better crit multiplier.  That means an extra 120% damage which also effects any elemental mods you already have :|

Nope-nope.  The 30% boost from a Bane mod increases your total damage by 30% which is more than Hammer Shot is going to give you vs that faction even on Soma.

Nope-nope.  The 30% boost from a Bane mod increases your total damage by 30% which is more than Hammer Shot is going to give you vs that faction even on Soma.

In what magical christmasland is 30% more than 180%?

Edited by Aggh

In what magical christmasland is 30% more than 180%?

Compare http://goo.gl/rW1WGA vs http://goo.gl/x9RcbU .  Be sure to check the appropriate boxes on the side.  

I have determined that if you always get headshots Hammer Shot is better but only if you are not hosting.  There is a disparity between hosts and clients regarding critical hit damage.  You will get double critical hit damage if you are a client due to a bug.  Whether you want to exploit that bug and always try for headshots or you want to go with more a consistent damage increase is up to you.  You can also forgo the extra crit/bane mods and add another elemental combo that offers a useful proc or is effective against a secondary enemy type (such as crewmen and moas in the void.)  This build (http://goo.gl/IFa0In) will give you less raw damage than the others but will give you a high chance to halve the HP of the target, effectively giving you a huge damage bonus.  

Compare http://goo.gl/rW1WGA vs http://goo.gl/x9RcbU .  Be sure to check the appropriate boxes on the side.  

I have determined that if you always get headshots Hammer Shot is better but only if you are not hosting.  There is a disparity between hosts and clients regarding critical hit damage.  You will get double critical hit damage if you are a client due to a bug.  Whether you want to exploit that bug and always try for headshots or you want to go with more a consistent damage increase is up to you.  You can also forgo the extra crit/bane mods and add another elemental combo that offers a useful proc or is effective against a secondary enemy type (such as crewmen and moas in the void.)  This build (http://goo.gl/IFa0In) will give you less raw damage than the others but will give you a high chance to halve the HP of the target, effectively giving you a huge damage bonus.  

HS is even worse on the Soma if you don't use Critical Delay.

Even on Synapse/Amprex or the Bows, HS is only an increase of 27.3% damage, changing the crit multiplier from 4.4x to 5.6x (5.6/4.4=1.273), while bane is 30% and elements range from 22-35% depending on whats already equipped.

Currently you get 4x damage from critical headshots as host and 8x as client. This is a direct scale, meaning only crit chance would affect DPS, not crit damage. Hammer Shot would still be worse than Bane - but this situation is the one which validates Critical Delay as a mod choice, as it ups the average headshot modifier from 3.5x to 3.788x.

Most overrated? Any of the event dual stats mods. Pistol Pestillence, Jolt etc. They are good, but not "cannot live without them" good. And prices that are people willing to pay for them are way to crazy.

supply vs demand. only so many people have them, and only so many of those people want to sell them. they are pretty good though, status effect change is hard to raise for a lot of weapons and some really benefit from it, like the Miter.

If I had to choose, one of the corrupted/nightmare mods that affects Warframes. I constantly see these things requested in Trade chat...I do not understand.

Because 30.8 seconds of Invisible on Loki or 51.4 seconds of Tentacles on Hydroid.

It's basically super good for pumping up a single ability to the levels of crazy.