The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Warframe A Really Pvp Game?

Mastikator2

I honestly think a lot of PvP people would be happy with it as side content with no benefit. It's the argument that PvP is the only end game that through this thread off. The issue for me, is that I don't want to PvP and if your force PvP content as part of core game play and not some side thing. Now what has been suggested that I did like was a Left4Dead style PvP where you can just and and control normal mobs. It feels to me that is more a direction they are headed in with the dark sectors.

I would certainly place myself in this camp.

And there are a decent amount of games that have both, what is your point?

NO ONE cries like PvE players. No one. But lets talk about the massive "cry. The key word is "massive". Enough people stated this was what they wanted. YOU dont so it is wrong? You sound like a child. 

Just as all your comments are only your opinions, no matter how factual and absolute as you would like them to sound. 

If you do not want PvP, why do you care if it only consists of a few rooms to bang our heads against each other? Why do PvE players care what happens in PvP play? PvP players certainly dont care about the inverse.

Do you even pay attention to your own words? You said that PvP was the logical evolution of the game, which is most certainly not the case. Warframe would do just fine without PvP.

There was no argument presented here, but the crying part will be added to the next point nonetheless.

I do not care about PvP, nor do I care about its existence or what you'd be doing in it. What we do care about is development resources being shifted to an area of the game we have no interest in to the detriment of the rest of the game, while that very area is nowhere near finished with development nor it is fleshed out and/or feature complete -- and all that in a game that had no mention of PvP until a somwhat recent history, a demand that resulted with the Conclave (which will inevitably lead to more PvP demands in the long run). But the biggest concern is that all of this is happening in a game that, initially, was neither pitched nor presented as a PvP game, yet a portion of he player base was asking for it. It borders the equivalent of going to the DoTA2 forums and demanding/requesting a PvE mode. It boggles the mind.

No, I do not give a flying-F about PvP and I would not care if it was developed on the side, but I do care about the PvE portion of this game, the portion that was always the primary part and focus of Warframe and I worry that it will suffer or end up being underdeveloped or with stagnant development due to resources being shifted to an area of the game I have no interest in.

Do you know what I hate? Having to go farm Neural Sensors.

Do you know what I like? Playing missions with a lot of special enemy types that can end you if you don't pay attention.

This is why I liked Ultra Max on Global Agenda.

I honestly think a lot of PvP people would be happy with it as side content with no benefit. It's the argument that PvP is the only end game that through this thread off. The issue for me, is that I don't want to PvP and if your force PvP content as part of core game play and not some side thing. Now what has been suggested that I did like was a Left4Dead style PvP where you can just and and control normal mobs. It feels to me that is more a direction they are headed in with the dark sectors.

Then what other options are there? Pray tell what could actually be endgame in warframe that doesn't involve any player vs player?

I've seen a huge number of players ask for end game, complain about lack of end game, complain about lack of things to do once you've maxed everything. But the only real answer has been "PVP".

I'm not saying that PVP should be the only end game. If you, or anybody could give a real suggestion to PVE endgame I would support that. The whole PVP community would, I'm certain of it.

I've always had trouble understanding why PvP is more repayable than PvE. Sure, the fights will vary more because human AI is a little better than AI AI (wow that was clumsy). But similarly, PvE allows for more varying responses since the threat is ultimately lessened, where as efficiency is crucial in PvP.

I like both, don't get me wrong. I tend to be a PvE guy, but I've gotten fairly serious in PvP more than once. I don't play PvP in Warframe because it really isn't a PvP oriented game, (this has been disused by the devs) and because I really like the PvE. just a though. 

Then what other options are there? Pray tell what could actually be endgame in warframe that doesn't involve any player vs player?

I've seen a huge number of players ask for end game, complain about lack of end game, complain about lack of things to do once you've maxed everything. But the only real answer has been "PVP".

I'm not saying that PVP should be the only end game. If you, or anybody could give a real suggestion to PVE endgame I would support that. The whole PVP community would, I'm certain of it.

But we did give you examples.

Did you not see the Diablo and Path of Exile stuff?

I can tell you that right off the top of my head -- the same type of endgame that exists in titles like Path of Exile, Diablo or Torchlight. Custom generated maps with enemy types that are loaded with random(or pre-determened based on mutators) buffs and debuffs, different map-wide buffs/debuffs that would have to be approached differently based on the overal map/level/mission properties. In return, you earn extra/better loot for completing it plus the excitment of added challenge due to the very nature of how such content would work.

The problem with this type of endgame, while it is very robust and doesn't require a lot of development time outside of good system and algorithm for the generator, is that it requires A LOT of items/gear to be present in the game or a system that would be producing items with random properties to spice up the loot tables, which is something that Warframe lacks at the moment.

But we did give you examples.

Did you not see the Diablo and Path of Exile stuff?

Didn't see any explanation of what Path of Exile actually does. But considering how easy Warframe already is (unlike Diablo 3), adding more power to each warframe wouldn't really do much for the game.

Nope, Warframe was never meant or built to be a PvP game. Not that anybody plays Warframe for the PvP outside of the three guys out there, but still.

Whether the Conclave system will expand is unknown, as DE have specifically stated they don't intend to focus on PvP or balance for it. Whether this will change in the future is unknon, nor is it relevant.

DE has never said they won't balance PvP and in fact have had multiple patches with changes to balance in PvP.  Half the problem with discussion on PvP is all the misinformation going around about it.  If you don't know what you're talking about, then just stay out of the conversation.

Edited by Aggh

Do you even pay attention to your own words? You said that PvP was the logical evolution of the game, which is most certainly not the case. Warframe would do just fine without PvP.

There was no argument presented here, but the crying part will be added to the next point nonetheless.

I do not care about PvP, nor do I care about its existence or what you'd be doing in it. What we do care about is development resources being shifted to an area of the game we have no interest in to the detriment of the rest of the game, while that very area is nowhere near finished with development nor it is fleshed out and/or feature complete -- and all that in a game that had no mention of PvP until a somwhat recent history, a demand that resulted with the Conclave (which will inevitably lead to more PvP demands in the long run). But the biggest concern is that all of this is happening in a game that, initially, was neither pitched nor presented as a PvP game, yet a portion of he player base was asking for it. It borders the equivalent of going to the DoTA2 forums and demanding/requesting a PvE mode. It boggles the mind.

No, I do not give a flying-F about PvP and I would not care if it was developed on the side, but I do care about the PvE portion of this game, the portion that was always the primary part and focus of Warframe and I worry that it will suffer or end up being underdeveloped or with stagnant development due to resources being shifted to an area of the game I have no interest in.

Says King of the Carebears.

PLEASE dont carebear stare me again! You win! PvP is bad!

I've always had trouble understanding why PvP is more repayable than PvE. Sure, the fights will vary more because human AI is a little better than AI AI (wow that was clumsy). But similarly, PvE allows for more varying responses since the threat is ultimately lessened, where as efficiency is crucial in PvP.

I like both, don't get me wrong. I tend to be a PvE guy, but I've gotten fairly serious in PvP more than once. I don't play PvP in Warframe because it really isn't a PvP oriented game, (this has been disused by the devs) and because I really like the PvE. just a though. 

PvP becomes more replayable since every fight in solid PvP games is different. In PvE you are relying on the Dev teams to give you stuff to do. In PvP, all you need is a few playgrounds and a base set of rules. In PvE you always know what to expect pasted the first time. PvP is happy with the same ole content. PvE will not be ok with the same content. We see that today. 

PvP isn't needed nor is it the only form of expansive endgame.

PvP is, however, the simplest, weakest and most toxic form of "Player Generated Content"

"Endgame" is when players run out of developer created content, hence why some developers hang their hat on creating rivalry in players and using that rivalry to produce "content" but there are many other mechanisms that a clever and innovative developer can employ.

I don't begrudge people who enjoy that rivalry, but I want to keep it to a minimum in any game that I play.

I completely agree with you 100% you have no idea.

I totally agree.

I'm serious. How many times do I have to say it before people realize PvP can be fun?

You have to say it so many times that I forget about every single pvp experience I have ever had. Of course if you could say it enough that people stop using the "trash talk is part of the game" card then we might also make some progress though not as much as the first one because not all of my bad experiences involved trash talking. Edited by NevanChambers

The foruns are PvP. The game is not. 

xD I like it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-snip-

1398963141526.jpg

You have to say it so many times that I forget about every single pvp experience I have ever had. Of course if you could say it enough that people stop using the "trash talk is part of the game" card then we might also make some progress though not as much as the first one because not all of my bad experiences involved trash talking.

This is not a PvP thing at all. I get and read more of this from the PvE side than PvP. Why? In PvP? We can prove it... Guy talks smack at ya? Go have a PvP match and settle it. 

Go take a look at some of the other threads. Hell, just this one. And then complain about the way PvP players talk? Something about a Pot and Kettle comes to mind... or maybe something like dont own rocks in a house of glass or... 

If general statements are being made... Fine, I have my own.

PvE players have proven themselves to be hoarders that thrive on vanity and kleptomaniacs who will jump at any shiny twinkle the game has to offer, enjoying nothing more than fighting bugs to get more colorful twinkles, to fight bigger bugs. Then cry when they have no new bugs to kill. They cry when someone takes away their flavor of the month exploitable bug. Children and Dogs. 

This is not a PvP thing at all. I get and read more of this from the PvE side than PvP. Why? In PvP? We can prove it... Guy talks smack at ya? Go have a PvP match and settle it. 

Go take a look at some of the other threads. Hell, just this one. And then complain about the way PvP players talk? Something about a Pot and Kettle comes to mind... or maybe something like dont own rocks in a house of glass or... 

If general statements are being made... Fine, I have my own.

PvE players have proven themselves to be hoarders that thrive on vanity and kleptomaniacs who will jump at any shiny twinkle the game has to offer, enjoying nothing more than fighting bugs to get more colorful twinkles, to fight bigger bugs. Then cry when they have no new bugs to kill. They cry when someone takes away their flavor of the month exploitable bug. Children and Dogs. 

BRB. Gotta make more accounts so I can upvote this more.

The PVE part is not even half way done and you want more PVP ?

Need I mention it was only impement cause of forum whiners ?

Conclaves are a mess and PVP in WF is a mess, so is a PVE.

I do not play PVP, nor I will. I came here to have a cooperative PVE game.

Edited by Unibot

I check PvP threads on regular basis, just because of one reason. To see how many upvotes OP gets.

Never did see any of them getting more than 20, no matter how many pages their thread got. Speak about "majority" of player base that wants PvP. You can see how much community likes any idea by simply looking on upvotes.