The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Warframe A Really Pvp Game?

Mastikator2

I check PvP threads on regular basis, just because of one reason. To see how many upvotes OP gets.

Never did see any of them getting more than 20, no matter how many pages their thread got. Speak about "majority" of player base that wants PvP. You can see how much community likes any idea by simply looking on upvotes.

People that even bother taking part in anything on the forums are a minority within a minority of the player base :|

The worst thing about PVP is people using cheap tricks.

PVP is not a honorable sparing. Its full of dirty and cheap tricks people use to win. Thats why I do not like PVP...

And have no interest in seeing in WF on a regular basis.

Edited by Unibot

The PVE part is not even half way done and you want more PVP ?

Need I mention it was only impement cause of forum whiners ?

Conclaves are a mess and PVP in WF is a mess, so is a PVE.

I do not play PVP, nor I will. I came here to have a cooperative PVE game.

Is this not what you have?

The worst thing about PVP is people using cheap tricks.

PVP is not a honorable sparing. Its full of dirty and cheap tricks people use to win. Thats why I do not like PVP...

And have no interest in seeing in WF on a regular basis.

And you dont have to.

I will also share another carebear trait to match yours with PvP players:

Listening to suggestions from any carebear is about the same as letting the 8 year old being in charge of guarding the cookie jar when the parents arent around. Carebears cheat and exploit any and all bugs they can find just to get a twinklie that someone else might not have and then talk smack about their twinklie and how beneath them you are because they farmed 23 hours in Mom's basement to get it. 

Dont we all just love stereotypes?

I check PvP threads on regular basis, just because of one reason. To see how many upvotes OP gets.

Never did see any of them getting more than 20, no matter how many pages their thread got. Speak about "majority" of player base that wants PvP. You can see how much community likes any idea by simply looking on upvotes.

Terrible indicator of anything. You could also count the number of people speaking in favor vs the ones speaking opposed. Just be sure to count the ones who complain about lack of balance as "in favor". You'd find that it's only slightly below average.

Or you could check the quality of the posts of those who post opposed vs those who post in favor, quality of posts correlate with maturity, maturity correlate with age, age correlates with ability to pay. Players who're willing to pay are far more valuable to the game than those who don't.

It's not as one sided as you make this out to be.

I'd re-read your posts if I were you.

He hasn't used a single ad hominem. An example of an ad hominem used frequently in this thread is "PVP is bad because people use dirty tricks", an attack on a person or people as a substitute for an actual argument.

"hone your skills"? I take it that means OP has never actually visited the conclaves.

I have visited the conclaves on perhaps hundreds of occasions. (Yes I have found whiners and people who use cheap tricks, not that regular missions aren't filled to be brim with those either.)

I've even explicitly stated that were it not for the conclaves I might have left the game a while ago, because there isn't much to do once you do all the things. I don't need another neural sensor, I don't need to forma my weapons, they're powerful enough.

I have visited the conclaves on perhaps hundreds of occasions. (Yes I have found whiners and people who use cheap tricks, not that regular missions aren't filled to be brim with those either.)

I've even explicitly stated that were it not for the conclaves I might have left the game a while ago, because there isn't much to do once you do all the things. I don't need another neural sensor, I don't need to forma my weapons, they're powerful enough.

Agreed. When you have the toys you want, built the way you want, and how you enjoy the game, it will become like hoarding. Some people enjoy that. And they should play that way and try to get as high a mastery rank as they can. 

Me? I have been at 8-10 for the longest time. Because at 8, I got all the toys. However, i am still having fun with buddies and such and getting them their treats, so I havent hit a boredom wall. PvP certainly ends the boredom for me too. 

ppl b hatin 

but OP has solid points =/

i basically ONLY log-on to get daily rewards/check alerts/extractors these days, there's not much to hold my interest ingame otherwise, and of course i surf the forums to see about patch-day updates, but sadly, my days of playing warframe for any significant length of time are largely over =[

myself I haven't gotten big into the conclaves, but unlike a bunch of other trolls around here, i have nothing but luv for the inclusion of PVP in Warframe

IMHO Warframe and the DEv team made HUGE mistakes with the Defense and Survival missions and their derivative play styles, this combined with the addition of tons of shallow frames/weapons "content" has hurt the game long term; Warframe is less and less "ninja" every week, and that's sad

power-creep and grindfest are attracting a much different playerbase than what Warframe used to have during the old U5-9 days, and sadly I feel this is not for the better of the game long-term =[

I have to admit I am a mastery rank hoarder. The number of weapons left to acquire can be counted on a single hand. I'll hit 16 in 10 weapons.

Nothing to admit! If that is how you like to have fun, I say have at it, and enjoy! For me, that would drive me NUTS with boredom. But for right now, I am good. 

And to the thread, people have different ways to have fun in this game. Why PvE players are so incredibly caustic, I will never understand. It seems it isnt enough that they dont want to PvP, it should be that NO ONE wants to PvP. Dont want to PvP? Dont. It really is just that simple.