The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone Else Lose Interest In Acquiring Frames/weapons?

Just curious.  Made it to rank 9 and after all the time spent applying forma to weapons and frames to make them powerful, I seem to have hit my limit/interest in getting new stuff to do the same old things (survival/defense) over and over again.  I've got almost every useful mod in the game and I have more than enough weapons in all three categories to run T3 survival missions for 40 minutes or more but that got totally boring after doing it a couple of times, particularly when you get nothing worthwhile out of doing so.  The only fun was talking to clan mates while playing.

I can't see myself ever making it to rank 15 under the current game design.  Totally wiped out with the idea of applying one more forma to another weapon.  Been trying to planet hop for something different to do but I am lucky at any time of the day to find 10 players on just about any planet pass Earth. Even the new dark sectors are lucky to show anyone at the them.  And no desire to get that last impossible component for the Boltor prime when I have the Soma, Phage, Dread, Paris Prime, Latron Prime, Detron, Merlok or Dragon Nikana.  Playing my Nix yesterday on the Outer Terminus, I felt I could go an hour by myself with Paris Prime, Merlok, Dragon Nikana equiped.  And it was just me and another Loki and we were cleaning up quite easily.

Anyone else feel the same? 

I've acquired every frame up until Hydroid, but didn't even bother trying to farm for him due to the key situation.  If future warframes and bosses are given similar treatment, I probably won't farm for them either.

Weapons I stopped caring about a long time ago.

Edited by Katakuna

to do the same old things (survival/defense) over and over again.

after everything this will what you do. 4 ever. n ever.

so take it slow, chill and come back again after you rested. k.

LOL NO

I love third person shooters and Warframe has a very good feel, and a U.I. that doesn't ruin it with crap splashed on my screen or total red-outs when I'm low on HP. As long as the guns and weapons keep coming, I'll keep playing.

I do get tired of being hyped for a patch then getting clan tech / market, and I get tired of being hyped for a patch and then getting 0.55% drop rate... I understand DE has to make a game that is to be played from word one. A low drop rate on a rare item makes sense in any game just like long term goals and clan collaborations, IMO DE even does these better than most, but still... they don't have to give me a big middle finger every time.

They could do some kind of event on patch day or start off with really common drop rates for the first week or from some event mob. The harvester should have been super common when it was new, maybe super common in one particular system. Prosecutors should have dropped coords and stances like candy from pinatas for the first few days. THEN settle in to long term chances/rates. Don't get me revved up then tell me to watch timers and run exterminates.

Edited by VKhaun

One of us.

Welcome to burn-out where nothing in the game interests you and you just log in to keep your log in rewards rolling.

Stopped doing that too as they aren't worth the effort, considering what 'rewards' you frequently get.

I'm avoiding getting any of the new weapons or content just to give me more to do when the next significant update pops up. 

I do occasionally play a survival with some personal music in the background just to be doing something whilst enjoying it. End up getting bored after 20 mins or so though.

Edited by Naith

YuuuuuuuuuuUUUUUUuuuuuuUUUUUUuuuUUUUUUup. I have all the frames and weapons I care about at the moment and, while I'm sure they'll release some more cool ones that'll grab my attention, I'm simply done with leveling them up on the same maps in the same way over and over and over again. The solution to virtually every obstacle in the game is "MORE DPS" and I feel like there's a lot of potential in the game that's not being explored. Or, hell, it probably is and they don't have the resources to keep up their current model and introduce radically different content at the same time, but still...

Just curious.  Made it to rank 9 and after all the time spent applying forma to weapons and frames to make them powerful, I seem to have hit my limit/interest in getting new stuff to do the same old things (survival/defense) over and over again.  I've got almost every useful mod in the game and I have more than enough weapons in all three categories to run T3 survival missions for 40 minutes or more but that got totally boring after doing it a couple of times, particularly when you get nothing worthwhile out of doing so.  The only fun was talking to clan mates while playing.

I can't see myself ever making it to rank 15 under the current game design.  Totally wiped out with the idea of applying one more forma to another weapon.  Been trying to planet hop for something different to do but I am lucky at any time of the day to find 10 players on just about any planet pass Earth. Even the new dark sectors are lucky to show anyone at the them.  And no desire to get that last impossible component for the Boltor prime when I have the Soma, Phage, Dread, Paris Prime, Latron Prime, Detron, Merlok or Dragon Nikana.  Playing my Nix yesterday on the Outer Terminus, I felt I could go an hour by myself with Paris Prime, Merlok, Dragon Nikana equiped.  And it was just me and another Loki and we were cleaning up quite easily.

every1 gets to that stage in the end esp when all your pimped frames/gear are the best you can get them but theres nothign left to actually bother using them on.

I probably should. I've just reached MR9 myself, having put in 463 hours according to Steam.

Ive been playing for just over 1 year. I don't know how that compares to yourself.

I've certainly lost keeness of interest in crafting and ranking up new weapons and warframes. I have all the weapons that appealed to me, and the only warframe I still want is Zephyr and she's behind a grind-wall. I don't grind, so it might be some time before I passively acquire enough oxium. ;)

However, I'm still enjoying playing the game. And going back through the star map, exploring all the new tilesets that I didn't see first time around, has been a real joy. I recommend it.

One day Warframe might have a story that will do all these wonderful visuals justice.

Got to rank 12 and never needed to forma a weapon, at least so far. Weapons that get a potato are keepers, the rest just get sold back. Having said that, I'm just at the point where one or two weapons may have to be forma'd and re-levelled.

I actually enjoy roaming the maps and exploring the tileset and am building my own solo dojo so I still have plenty of interest, plus there are those last few mods and frame pieces to get. Plenty of weapons still to level and I'm cool with this as there is enough difference in the weapons for them to feel new when I pick the next one. I am always interested in a new frame but with weapons its often meh until something comes along that I realise is pretty damned good.

My only annoyance in terms of the maps is the Ceres ones where to explore in peace I need four weapons so I can have one element damage on each........

I'm one of those people. I took a decent break after Valkyr came out and so much has changed since then that I'm kinda at a loss of what to do. I guess it's not a bad thing since I'm not grinding for one particular item(except stance mods) but I don't have any set goals in mind while playing anymore. Most the time I spend playing is spent towards gathering materials for the Dojo which I enjoy working on so much.

NO desire to rank and level stuffs. I make it, try it out for a few levels, if I like it, I will pimp it out. If not, sell it around 15 or so. I am 8 - 10 (I dont even know that is how much I dont care), which is enough to make everything in the game at the moment. That is good enough for me.

Not yet, I just keep running out of stuff to get. Even with the massive forma amounts I burn through.

What we hope Focus will be like: Reason for Mastery Rank

What Focus will probably be like: Even more trivializing of content

*cough* *DE pls* *cough* *AI 2.0* *cough* *cough*

How will AI 2.0 work better if we can continue to run into a room and kill everyone in it before they have time to react?

Edited by NevanChambers

should have put on my previous post that i got that bored i started another account, stuck to using Excal, remained MR0 and only use whatever gear is available at that level and cleared the entire solar map on that account as well.

.......still bored, still got nothing to do.

The day I lose interest in getting frames and weapons is probably the last day I'd play Warframe forever.  I've even hit a pretty hard-lined wall where the few things I've got left to acquire are a bit of a pain, the Brakk being the worst of that short list.

Honestly though, I just enjoy the core gameplay design behind this game too much to feel this way at the moment.  Things could be better and I expect that they'll get there, but for now the ride is enough that I'm okay.

Started 1 day after PS4 launch and Warframe is basically the only game I play at all currently, sitting right around 410 hours, just hit Mastery 15 two days ago, and bought a slot for literally everything I've acquired.  Yes, I even keep single wield versions of dual wield weaponry.  I also potato everything, because why not?