Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If You Hate The Sybaris

--FORMA--

Question

I've put one forma into it so far.  I've yet to see the advantages of it over a latron/bow/snipertron or any of the actually powerful primaries/secondaries :|

Edited by Aggh

I find Latron Prime and Burston Prime easier to use.

Sybaris isn't hard to use imo.  It's just you have to waste time dodging around every 5 kills because of the silly reload time and mag size.  Latron prime and burston prime can put out the same or better damage and keep on firing after five kills.

Imo it needs a reload time decrease, mag size increase and it needs the single shot functionality of the tigris.

Edited by Aggh

It sybaris isn't hard to use imo.  It's just you have to waste time dodging around every 5 kills because of the silly reload time and mag size.  Latron prime and burston prime can put out the same or better damage and keep on firing after five kills.

For me it's like this:

Latron Prime -> Aim, click, move on

Burston Prime -> Aim, click, pause for a bit, move on

Sybaris -> Aim, click, puase for a bit... is it over already?

Also I feel that Sybaris punishes missed shots more than Burston Prime due to a number of reasons.

because Burst Weapons in Warframe have abysmal handling partly due to not having input threaded separately from the rendering thread as well as completely unrealistic 'Recoil' patterns that don't refect how real Burst Fire Weapons operate. 

in other words, Burst Weapons in Warframe take all of the bad factors about every other Weapon, and put them all in one Weapon.

Burst Weapons are not terrible, but in Warframe, they are.

Edited by taiiat

sybaris has the ability to do heavy damage per shot which can beat soma in DPS, however soma has a higher sustained DPS. (due to clip size) The fact is people may not like it because it takes skill to use. And with opponents moving around like crazy missing those shots really makes a difference. Unlike a spray gun like soma. As with any rifle aim is important, missed shots don't help. Sybaris is meant to put big enemies down fast. (again you need to aim) so sybaris is not a crowd control weap its a take 5 out then reload weap. Whereas spray weapons/higher clip size weaps can take down multiple with ease due to the fact that their DPS can be sustained for longer periods of time, so crowd control is easier. Only way to counter a weaps lack of CC is with punch through that way meatier crowds can have multiple opponents die with single shots.

In the end its a matter of preference. If you have the skill sybaris can be very useful, if your not as skilled with aiming at moving targets then this gun may not be for you.

Edited by dragonkingdx

I've put one forma into it so far.  I've yet to see the advantages of it over a latron/bow/snipertron or any of the actually powerful primaries/secondaries :|

you  need  3-4 forma to see it shine lol.

because Burst Weapons in Warframe have abysmal handling partly due to not having input threaded separately from the rendering thread as well as completely unrealistic 'Recoil' patterns that don't refect how real Burst Fire Weapons operate. 

in other words, Burst Weapons in Warframe take all of the bad factors about every other Weapon, and put them all in one Weapon.

Burst Weapons are not terrible, but in Warframe, they are.

I love the feel of burst weapons, but it really does suck when there's so much going on-screen (or there's a Vortex causing a ton of ragdolling) that my FPS, and consequently my damage, plummets.

As much as I love my Sybaris, the Burston Prime already has a leg up because it has a base polarity.

Honestly I hate considering polarities in comparing weapon effectiveness. Before forma this was something to consider. Now it's just a matter of which weapon is more convenient to get to the ideal build. Just look at both of them with equal polarities.

Edited by SolidSp33d

burston prime is weaker than the  sybrais formed.

Doesn't matter when you get 10 more trigger pulls in.  I'd rather be shooting for 15 seconds than reloading every 5 seconds. Also the consistency of the shots and the lack of jump compared to the sybris is another way the burston prime out shines it. The damage comparison may show the sybris as better however taking into account dps, the burton prime would easily out class even a 2 forma sybris. Burst DPS is also better for the burston prime. Remember that it may look good on paper, but will it look good infront of a 12 man squad of greneer?

Edited by Quasar-Sandwich