The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash: Press 4 To Ninja!

Monolake

The new king of ultimate in town.  Soloing T3 exterminate without using weapons, killing everything just with ult and shurikens. 

Edit:  video is a bit outdated already, in U13.5 Blade Storm was changed: 2 shadowclones are spawned  to do simultaneous attacks with you, speeding it up about 3 times. Also a single target can get attacked several times, making it more effective. But the combo multiplier is not building up as much as a result of the changes (you don't see the multiplier unless you have melee weapon equipped)

5ckglc.jpg

Pre U13.5 video

Well it looks cool and does the damage,  But frankly I would love to have more interactive gameplay instead of pressing 4 and watching the animation.   Would it be possible to have any control during the ultimate?

EDIT#2 U13.5.1 The damage was changed again,  so I dont even... bleed proc is back, thats all I it says.

via PsycloneM researches (pre U13.5) 

Blade Storm now deals 750 / 1000 / 1500 / 2000 slash damage with a 100% status chance. At max rank, one attack will inflict an additional 2000 x 0.35 x 7 = 4900 finisher damage in 6 seconds, ignoring shields and armor. The attacks still add to your combo counter multiplier, and the number of hits depends on the attack animation. I can also confirm that the damage is now affected by the combo counter multiplier as described in the patch notes. As you would expect, this also increases the damage of the bleed DoT.
Edited by Monolake

Watched the video and this is pure example of why the blade storm exemplifies the true nature of Ninja and the game. It would be a shame to change this, in any way. It would only take away from Ash's awesomeness, that make players love him so much.  It would also destroy the over all effectiveness this skill offers in combat

hopefully they don't go through with their shadow clone plan... with the insane damage he does now a faster ult would seem over powered. Bladestorm is in a great spot now. It's not how I would have buffed it but it definitely gets the job done. now just make teleport not suck and he will be perfect. 

way i see it they either need to do the clones for a quicker ulti or make bladestorm into a hysteria style alternate melee toggle mode where anytime you attack you automagically teleport to the nearest enemy in line with your swing.  basically bladestorm as it is now but under player control :D

i'm sure someone will hate on both sides of that but i'd be happy either way though the latter would be more "unique".

I agree ash is getting a tuneup but they need to do a few more things to make him perfect.

smoke screen slightly improved with either better stun or actually clouding enemies sight and free aim teleport without the auto finisher. ninja stars seem fine now.

my 2c

Edited by Jaxomfaux

I like shadow clones as a way to speed up animation. Split screen for all of them will be extremely nice as a mean to save ninja feel. And if you want more interactive way, use teleport it's awesome now!

Edited by Spectreblade

i just have a bad feeling that if they clone his blade storm they'll nerf the amount of damage or put some sort of dumb modifier on it because its not him doing the attacked. and i like the animation sequence as it is. maybe a little short duration on it but i like knowing that my ash is the one killing. If this were a fps and not a tps this would never have been an idea. nor would it have ever been questioned.

Edited by Ookami_Nihonto

Really?.... You're complaining the damage dealer, deals damage, with your fully focused build?... On T3 exterminate which is quiet easy, no less, I wanna see how long you last in survival actually. I mean I can get ridiculous dmg with smoke bomb and weapons too. In fact I can deal more damage with Nyx, a supposed support frame and lets not forget Ash was always supposed to have the strongest ult. Back in the day the only worthwhile frames for high levels was Ash for damage and Trinity for Heals.

That means he is just a strong as other frames, so you must be complaining about the repetitive nature of his abilities... hm.. so you're complaining that you're single ability focused build is single ability focused...?... Unless you're saying Ash is only good for spamming 4 akin to Saryn, which is simply untrue.

My real question is with the people that are complaining about all these frames being to OP have you taken anytime to think about end game. You know wave 45 and on in a defense or a 50 min or more survival. Do that maike it that far with the new nerf'd frame and you'll be begging to have the old way back. But guess what it wont happen and you'll blame the frame or the Dev's but hey here's a clue its your fault because it was to OP for you to play an you cried. And now the Missions are to hard. Well boo freakin Hoo.

Really?.... You're complaining the damage dealer, deals damage, with your fully focused build?... On T3 exterminate which is quiet easy, no less, I wanna see how long you last in survival actually. I mean I can get ridiculous dmg with smoke bomb and weapons too. In fact I can deal more damage with Nyx, a supposed support frame and lets not forget Ash was always supposed to have the strongest ult. Back in the day the only worthwhile frames for high levels was Ash for damage and Trinity for Heals.

That means he is just a strong as other frames, so you must be complaining about the repetitive nature of his abilities... hm.. so you're complaining that you're single ability focused build is single ability focused...?... Unless you're saying Ash is only good for spamming 4 akin to Saryn, which is simply untrue.

You sir have some unresolved issues with your reading abilities. The only thing he is complaining its that Ash's ulti makes you go afk for several seconds without any player interaction which is true.

And please, for gods sake, stop using 1h survival as a excuse for everything cause this game is not made for that.

Also, where in flying leprechauns flying green &#! did you pull the fact that Nyx is a support frame???? Never, not even once in my Warframe playing time did i see ANYONE compare Nyx to a support frame.

My real question is with the people that are complaining about all these frames being to OP have you taken anytime to think about end game. You know wave 45 and on in a defense or a 50 min or more survival. Do that maike it that far with the new nerf'd frame and you'll be begging to have the old way back. But guess what it wont happen and you'll blame the frame or the Dev's but hey here's a clue its your fault because it was to OP for you to play an you cried. And now the Missions are to hard. Well boo freakin Hoo.

Double post but f*** it!

WTH is wrong with you people! STOP USING ANYTHING OVER LVL 40 AS A COMPARISON FOR ENDGAME! THERE IS NO ENDGAME YET!

Jesus. Go play some other game that is fully developed and beg people there.

Unless im blind (reading these posts i hope i am, or will be in the near future) i dont see op say anything about the ulti.

Press 4 to ...watch a non-interactive cinematic...over and over.

DE is forward thinking in changing it to where you are still in control of your frame, and susceptible to enemy fire, while your clones do their thing.  Looks like a good move towards balance and well allowing the player to actually play their character.

With my ash in blade storm I've never suffered damage. and with a one away from max vitality and a maxed vigor not likely to happen.

Not saying it will never happen but it hasn't yet.

Edited by Ookami_Nihonto

I dislike his ultimate due to how it take away player's action from during the animation period. You can drink coffee and biscuit while waiting for it to finish. Personally I want a bit more involvement during the duration. Perhaps changing into duration based buff that allow player to pick which enemy to kill next?

Rather use teleport + smokebomb combo than this power.

i don't know, really. The shadow clone plan seems to be focusing on shortening the animation but won't change in non-interactive nature of the power. 

now just make teleport not suck and he will be perfect. 

Just let us choose when we want to use Finishers. Give us an alternate keybind (move it to "X", or give us an option to move it to its own independent key) or something. That's all I ask for.

Edited by SortaRandom

Press 4 to ...watch a non-interactive cinematic...over and over.

DE is forward thinking in changing it to where you are still in control of your frame, and susceptible to enemy fire, while your clones do their thing.  Looks like a good move towards balance and well allowing the player to actually play their character.

If by forward thinking you mean making it like every other instant nuke ult in the game then sure... "forward." I wont try to lie or anything and say there haven't been instances where the duration has hindered me in some manner but that is just something I have to account for when playing. In defense do I use it while my other teammates are in a  corner chugging bottles of rubber cement or do I wait for a better time? Are any of my allies low health and needing to be revived shortly or will they last til its over? It adds some finesse to playing Ash that I really like. You can make that duration work for you too. It makes a better panic button than smokescreen in some situations and lets you recharge shields. Furthermore having its duration cut to near instant or ~5 second would unbalance this ult with the damage it does now. Radial Javalin wouldn't be able to compare, it would hit the same or fewer targets due to its mechanics, and do under half the damage in a comparable amount of time. I would be willing to say that most of the time you're not hitting much more than 15 enemies with other ults so they get unbalanced as well. Its just a recipe for some terrible power-creep. 

I dislike his ultimate due to how it take away player's action from during the animation period. You can drink coffee and biscuit while waiting for it to finish. Personally I want a bit more involvement during the duration. Perhaps changing into duration based buff that allow player to pick which enemy to kill next?

Rather use teleport + smokebomb combo than this power.

i don't know, really. The shadow clone plan seems to be focusing on shortening the animation but won't change in non-interactive nature of the power. 

Lets be honest the ability has a ~17 second duration tops, that really isn't that long in non game time standards. Maybe sprinting to the fridge to get another drink and back, or drink/eat what you have with you. I really don't know any way they could make it interactive without scraping the whole idea. I would like if it didn't disable typing while active though.

I think the whole shadowclone idea will work as well as valkyr's hysteria damage being tied to her melee weapon. People will think they want it, but it wont work how they want it too and will end up making the ability worse.

If by forward thinking you mean making it like every other instant nuke ult in the game then sure... "forward." I wont try to lie or anything and say there haven't been instances where the duration has hindered me in some manner but that is just something I have to account for when playing. In defense do I use it while my other teammates are in a  corner chugging bottles of rubber cement or do I wait for a better time? Are any of my allies low health and needing to be revived shortly or will they last til its over? It adds some finesse to playing Ash that I really like. You can make that duration work for you too. It makes a better panic button than smokescreen in some situations and lets you recharge shields. Furthermore having its duration cut to near instant or ~5 second would unbalance this ult with the damage it does now. Radial Javalin wouldn't be able to compare, it would hit the same or fewer targets due to its mechanics, and do under half the damage in a comparable amount of time. I would be willing to say that most of the time you're not hitting much more than 15 enemies with other ults so they get unbalanced as well. Its just a recipe for some terrible power-creep. 

Lets be honest the ability has a ~17 second duration tops, that really isn't that long in non game time standards. Maybe sprinting to the fridge to get another drink and back, or drink/eat what you have with you. I really don't know any way they could make it interactive without scraping the whole idea. I would like if it didn't disable typing while active though.

I think the whole shadowclone idea will work as well as valkyr's hysteria damage being tied to her melee weapon. People will think they want it, but it wont work how they want it too and will end up making the ability worse.

I believe they need to bring Bladestrom back to drawing board. Playing Ninja definitely doesn't equal to watching animation playing itself while you sit there and watch. Turning it into more interactive power should be done to differentiate him from other press 4 to wipe the room power. We have too many powers like that already.  

I'd personally prefer BladeStorm to continue being a non-interactive cinematic.

I do agree that it's a bit slow, however. This kind of makes it a bad option in defense missions.

Maybe add a stun to targeted enemies for the duration of the skill?

Double post but f*** it!

WTH is wrong with you people! STOP USING ANYTHING OVER LVL 40 AS A COMPARISON FOR ENDGAME! THERE IS NO ENDGAME YET!

Jesus. Go play some other game that is fully developed and beg people there.

Unless im blind (reading these posts i hope i am, or will be in the near future) i dont see op say anything about the ulti.

Watch the last dev stream...even the devs call 30min+ survivals End Game. Your sadly mistaken. Get your information straight before making a rant of this nature. They call it end game weapons and end game enemies go look at the stream. Then come back to the thread.

Edited by BloodArmoredApostle

I almost can hear it. Those cryies... Do you ?

NERF ASH !

NERF ASH !

NERF ASH !

But really, it's ok. I'm all for it.(to keep it as it is) At least someone can have fun.

And no I do not play  ash, he is disgusting.

Edited by Unibot

Watch the last dev stream...even the devs call 30min+ survivals End Game. Your sadly mistaken. Get your information straight before making a rant of this nature. They call it end game weapons and end game enemies go look at the stream. Then come back to the thread.

What devstream? I have never once seen DE say anything about making 1h Pluto survival endgame. Hell even 30min mark is 10min overkill. When DE start making rewards go up to 30mins then ill take back everything i said. Until then you got Dark Sectors. Enjoy your ''end game''.