Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Open/ic] The Arcadia Night Market

Arunafeltz

The escape from Mek Tehad's attack had been stressful for his entire crew, so the captain had let them off with some allowance to have a good time in the Night Market while they waited for the repairs on his freighter to be completed. He lingered at the lobby of the traffic control tower by the Hangar, still fully dressed in his crew uniform and captain's hat. The ship had sustained heavy damage to its hull, shield batteries and generators, so repairs would take a while. But that was not what he was worried about. He was sure that Mek Tehad did not stumble across his freighter by chance. No, he likely somehow knew of the cargo he was transporting, and was probably waiting in the asteroid field outside the Arcadia Night Market for an ambush. He could not take any chances. Mak Tehad had to be disposed off before he could leave the station, and he hoped that the bounty that he had placed on his head would help.

Umbra spotted the captain as he walked up to the tower. He waved hello and walked up to the captain.

"You the captain of the freighter that got hijacked? There's a note on the notice board from a captain offering 30,000 credits for the head of a Grineer captain who attacked his ship."

"Oh, nothing at all. Little Charlotte here has been having fun with your pet." Jane replied, as she watched the two playing fondly. 

"Welcome to the Creamy Sands!" cried the petite blonde waitress, who still couldn't reach the Tenno's height despite standing on tiptoe. She hurriedly cleared a table for him, but jumped back in surprise as he leapt up from his seat and threw himself at another Tenno patron, causing half of the cafe to glance over curiously. Jane let out a little yelp as she scooped her daughter out of the way to accommodate the intruding Vauban.

"Oh, orright the-"

Crab froze, He recognized that voice.. He knew it, Just the name of the Warframe eluded him.. If only he remembered who it belonged too..

As he turned around to see whats up he was stunned.. That Warframe..

Infinium?

As quick as a Volt he leaped off his chair and bounded across the room and leaped at the unfortunate Frost.

And promptly Tackled him and started shaking him..

"HolyS#&$HolyS#&$HolyS#&$holyS#&$iknewitwasyouiknewitiknewitiknewit *Wheeze* I.. knew... I'd.. See.. You.. Again.. *Gasp*"

"DEAR SWEET JESUS WHAT"

Infinium realized he was being shaken, before firmly shoving the Vauban away, and calming down before he did anything...rash.

"Gah, Crab, don't you know any better?" Infinium grumbled, before continuing.

"You are aware that there is a minor?" He gestures towards Charlotte.

"Would you kindly, apologize to her?"

The earlier post seemed a bit harsh.

Edited by InfiniumV

Umbra spotted the captain as he walked up to the tower. He waved hello and walked up to the captain.

"You the captain of the freighter that got hijacked? There's a note on the notice board from a captain offering 30,000 credits for the head of a Grineer captain who attacked his ship."

"Ah, a Tenno. You honour me with your presence, sir." the captain said with a bow. "My freighter was attacked, not hijacked, but had we not escaped his attack it would have been likely that he could have boarded and hijacked my ship. And yes, I am offering a bounty for the elimination of the criminal Mek Tehad. I'd rather not complicate this assignment with salvaging of his ship or his live capture, I just want him to cease being a threat. If you can accomplish this for me, I assure you that I will pay you well."

"Ah, a Tenno. You honour me with your presence, sir." the captain said with a bow. "My freighter was attacked, not hijacked, but had we not escaped his attack it would have been likely that he could have boarded and hijacked my ship. And yes, I am offering a bounty for the elimination of the criminal Mek Tehad. I'd rather not complicate this assignment with salvaging of his ship or his live capture, I just want him to cease being a threat. If you can accomplish this for me, I assure you that I will pay you well."

"Payment is first thing, but I need to know any additional details: any possible threats not available to your run-of-the-mill pirate, hostages to rescue, et cetera. I like to keep civilian casualties to a minimum, and if I need to watch my fire, I have to prepare accordingly. I'll take the job either way, but in case of complications, I like to have an idea of what I am facing.

"Mek Tehad pilots a personal-sized stealth fighter, I doubt that he has any hostages with him on board. That possibility is even more unlikely since kidnapping isn't his thing, he prefers to attack unarmed freighters to seize their cargo." the captain replied as he recalled the details of the Grineer criminal. "As for his armaments, he has powerful close-ranged blasters mounted on his ship, and used cryo-loaded torpedoes to disable our shields before commencing his assault. We also failed to detect him on radar throughout the entire encounter, so he is obviously using some kind of stealth field generator. I urge you to be cautious if you plan on taking him down."

"Permission granted to dock. All landing pads are currently in use, so proceed to lane 24 to dock at the Hangar." came the reply. Waypoints were uploaded to the computer of the docking ship, which could highlight the entry lane on the ship's HUD.

"Mek Tehad pilots a personal-sized stealth fighter, I doubt that he has any hostages with him on board. That possibility is even more unlikely since kidnapping isn't his thing, he prefers to attack unarmed freighters to seize their cargo." the captain replied as he recalled the details of the Grineer criminal. "As for his armaments, he has powerful close-ranged blasters mounted on his ship, and used cryo-loaded torpedoes to disable our shields before commencing his assault. We also failed to detect him on radar throughout the entire encounter, so he is obviously using some kind of stealth field generator. I urge you to be cautious if you plan on taking him down."

Umbra smiled. "Easy job, then. Snub fighter should get me in close without getting detected. I'll get back to you once I complete the mission. Also, enjoy your stay here, captain." Umbra started walking to his ship, making a mental note of what to take.

Grineer units, target probably likely to hightail it once I'm spotted. If spotted before entry, space shotguns and cryogenic warheads to disable critical systems. Snub Fighter ideal to close in distance, especially ideal with the stealth generator. Alternatively, use Corvette and mimic Merchantman signals. Weapons: Snipetron Vandal for target elimination, Brakk in case Stalky gets any ideas, Dakra if I run out of ammo, or if I want to launch myself across the room. Suit: Combat specs, ship camouflage. Easy money all around.

After finishing his checklist, he opened up communications with the control tower.

"Con Tower, giving you a heads up that I am launching a snub fighter from my corvette, Intention of Regret, ETA 5 minutes. Should be back in 25, if things go smoothly. Over and out."

"Permission granted to dock. All landing pads are currently in use, so proceed to lane 24 to dock at the Hangar." came the reply. Waypoints were uploaded to the computer of the docking ship, which could highlight the entry lane on the ship's HUD.

"Roger, roger. Proceeding to lane 24"

Two maneuvered her ship, and slowly flew into the Hangar.

'Well the trail leads here. I hope there's still time...'

Then she transmitted another message:"Comm tower, could you give me the location of the nearest Med bay? I've got wounded on board. He's stable, but needs medical attention to recover."

"Oh, orright the-"

"DEAR SWEET JESUS WHAT"

Infinium realized he was being shaken, before firmly shoving the Vauban away, and calming down before he did anything...rash.

"Gah, Crab, don't you know any better?" Infinium grumbled, before continuing.

"You are aware that there is a minor?" He gestures towards Charlotte.

"Would you kindly, apologize to her?"

"Oh hai, And first of all i haven't seen you in ages, Second of all She was nowhere near my charge line so its cool, And 3rd of all! I'm a tenno sheesh i'm not that clumsy" 

Crab sits up for a moment to look at all the staring patrons and the newly entered Corpus and notice he has created quite a stir: "What? Ain't a Guy allowed to tackle his brother and publicly humiliate him? Oh and i'll have a uhh.. The most expensive coffee you have?"

Umbra smiled. "Easy job, then. Snub fighter should get me in close without getting detected. I'll get back to you once I complete the mission. Also, enjoy your stay here, captain." Umbra started walking to his ship, making a mental note of what to take.

Grineer units, target probably likely to hightail it once I'm spotted. If spotted before entry, space shotguns and cryogenic warheads to disable critical systems. Snub Fighter ideal to close in distance, especially ideal with the stealth generator. Alternatively, use Corvette and mimic Merchantman signals. Weapons: Snipetron Vandal for target elimination, Brakk in case Stalky gets any ideas, Dakra if I run out of ammo, or if I want to launch myself across the room. Suit: Combat specs, ship camouflage. Easy money all around.

After finishing his checklist, he opened up communications with the control tower.

"Con Tower, giving you a heads up that I am launching a snub fighter from my corvette, Intention of Regret, ETA 5 minutes. Should be back in 25, if things go smoothly. Over and out."

"Understood. Prepare for departure."

The garage doors opened to the snub fighter access to the Hangar, where ships flew in and out. An express departure lane was assigned to the fighter for it to leave the Hangar as quickly as possible.

Then she transmitted another message:"Comm tower, could you give me the location of the nearest Med bay? I've got wounded on board. He's stable, but needs medical attention to recover."

She received no reply, but a crewman soon approached the vessel, waving to the pilot as he directed a ramp down to the ship's doors.

"Hello there. Dumby here will direct you to the medical bay." he said, gesturing to a large grey Osprey behind him. 'Dumby' gave a loud beep as affirmation. 

"Oh hai, And first of all i haven't seen you in ages, Second of all She was nowhere near my charge line so its cool, And 3rd of all! I'm a tenno sheesh i'm not that clumsy" 

Crab sits up for a moment to look at all the staring patrons and the newly entered Corpus and notice he has created quite a stir: "What? Ain't a Guy allowed to tackle his brother and publicly humiliate him? Oh and i'll have a uhh.. The most expensive coffee you have?"

"Um... coming right up!" Soling said, giving a short bow before stepping over to the barista to give his order.

"Oh it's fine, we were just a little.. surprised, that's all." Jane replied. Now their table seated two Tenno. But that wasn't a problem, since they seemed to be quite interesting company.

"Um... coming right up!" Soling said, giving a short bow before stepping over to the barista to give his order.

"Oh it's fine, we were just a little.. surprised, that's all." Jane replied. Now their table seated two Tenno. But that wasn't a problem, since they seemed to be quite interesting company.

"You now got 2 Tenno at the Table, Your ego must have got a boost.. Well maybe if one wasn't a Psychotic nice guy, And the other was was a Crazy/Fun/Interesting/Awesome Nice guy

As Crab looked up to notice the still staring viewers. "Is there something on my helmet?"

At that question,  the patrons turned away and returned to sipping their coffee.

Soling soon returned with a fine cup of coffee, brewed from gourmet beans biologically processed by feeding through a strange Infested-derived organism's digestive system. She set the drink down on a saucer, gestured to Crab to enjoy his drink and bowed once more before taking her leave.

She received no reply, but a crewman soon approached the vessel, waving to the pilot as he directed a ramp down to the ship's doors.

"Hello there. Dumby here will direct you to the medical bay." he said, gesturing to a large grey Osprey behind him. 'Dumby' gave a loud beep as affirmation. 

"Dumby? Very well, Dumby, lead the way." Two said. Then she pulled out a makeshift cryopod, that was rigged to float a bit above ground. "Don't worry Four. I'll get you fixed up."

And with that she went out of the ship, and followed Dumby, leaving the ship unlocked.

Edited by Psychotoxin

Dumby led them them onto a cargo sled pulled by two MOAs, where they were transported to the infirmaries. Medical staff were quick to receive the cryopod and assign it to a ward, while a nurse at the reception lobby brought the paperwork.

"Don't worry about your companion, miss. I assure you that he is in good hands." the nurse said kindly as he handed her a PDA with a check-in form. "We just need your signature here, and we'll take care of him."

At that question,  the patrons turned away and returned to sipping their coffee.

Soling soon returned with a fine cup of coffee, brewed from gourmet beans biologically processed by feeding through a strange Infested-derived organism's digestive system. She set the drink down on a saucer, gestured to Crab to enjoy his drink and bowed once more before taking her leave.

As he thanked Soling and turned to the coffee crab stared at his drink for a moment, before setting it down and starting to disengage the locks on his helmet to remove it, After finishing up the final lock and setting his helmet to the side.

Crab seemed fairly young actually, probably in His 20's with shaggy dark brown hair and a stubble to go along with, he possessed Green eyes and an almost constant smile on his face, not a psychotic one.. More like the kinda warm smile that everyone likes.

"Phew! It can get dusty in their,Take your pictures fellas cuz you don't see unmasked tenno often"

Crab considered himself handsome to a small extent, but didn't really have anyone else's opinion so he kept it to himself.

"This coffee looks quite nice"  Crab took a small inquisitive sip before acquiring the taste and soon happily enjoying the drink.

"Mmm That's Great stuff, I wonder what its made of..."

"Thanks. Do you have good cervical surgeons here? So far i've found no one who could reattach Four's head." Two said with a smile, while signing the papers. The nurse of course did not see the smile, nor she heard the jovial tone of voice. A helmet and damaged vocal cords tend to do that.

And with that Two left the infirmary, followed by the stare of the dumbstruck nurse.

'Now to find someone who could sell me some sensitive info' she thought to herself.

"You now got 2 Tenno at the Table, Your ego must have got a boost.. Well maybe if one wasn't a Psychotic nice guy, And the other was was a Crazy/Fun/Interesting/Awesome Nice guy

As Crab looked up to notice the still staring viewers. "Is there something on my helmet?"

As he thanked Soling and turned to the coffee crab stared at his drink for a moment, before setting it down and starting to disengage the locks on his helmet to remove it, After finishing up the final lock and setting his helmet to the side.

Crab seemed fairly young actually, probably in His 20's with shaggy dark brown hair and a stubble to go along with, he possessed Green eyes and an almost constant smile on his face, not a psychotic one.. More like the kinda warm smile that everyone likes.

"Phew! It can get dusty in their,Take your pictures fellas cuz you don't see unmasked tenno often"

Crab considered himself handsome to a small extent, but didn't really have anyone else's opinion so he kept it to himself.

"This coffee looks quite nice"  Crab took a small inquisitive sip before acquiring the taste and soon happily enjoying the drink.

"Mmm That's Great stuff, I wonder what its made of..."

I know what that kind of coffee is called, it's Kopi Luwak. Wiki link here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kopi_Luwak 

Infinium had remained silent throughout everything, until he heard a choice line.

"The most expensive stuff you got..."

That line rang a bell inside Infiniums mind.

Kopi Luwak.

He waited until crab had swallowed his mouthful before enlightening him on the subject.

He remembered that there used to be some sort of animal on earth, one that would raid coffee plantations and scamper away, leaving a few droppings scattered around the property in question. He smiled behind his helmet.

"Crab? Do you know what Kopi Luwak is?"

The reaction would be priceless, though he was wondering, how in the world he could enjoy this sh*t?

Anyway, Infinium signaled the waitress.

"G'day, Can I order a Latte Macchiato please?"

Edited by InfiniumV

I know what that kind of coffee is called, it's Kopi Luwak. Wiki link here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kopi_Luwak 

Infinium had remained silent throughout everything, until he heard a choice line.

"The most expensive stuff you got..."

That line rang a bell inside Infiniums mind.

Kopi Luwak.

He waited until crab had swallowed his mouthful before enlightening him on the subject.

He remembered that there used to be some sort of animal on earth, one that would raid coffee plantations and scamper away, leaving a few droppings scattered around the property in question. He smiled behind his helmet.

"Crab? Do you know what Kopi Luwak is?"

The reaction would be priceless, though he was wondering, how in the world he could enjoy this sh*t?

Anyway, Infinium signaled the waitress.

"G'day, Can I order a Latte Macchiato please?"

"Kupa whatta? I dunno, All i know that this stuff tastes great" Crab took another sip at his coffee while reading a holopad

Two walked around the market a bit, but since she was still a bit tired, she had trouble understanding what is what.

'A nice cup of tea is what i need now' she thought, and then the sign of Creamy Sands came into her view. 'Perfect'

She went to the bar and asked for a cup of tea. 'Do they even sell tea here?' she thought. 'God i hope it's not that swill, that Grineer call "tea".'

"Kupa whatta? I dunno, All i know that this stuff tastes great" Crab took another sip at his coffee while reading a holopad

Infinium was grinning like a mad fool within his helmet.

"Crab, Kopi Luwak refers to how something will eat coffee beans, and 'Refine' them in it's digestive tract. After collecting the droppings, they were dried and crushed up into powder. You are, in a sense drinking hot, fresh sh*twater."

Infinium remembered that he was in polite company. "Oh, um...err, Pardon my bad language...seemed fitting for the moment"

He just chuckled nervously.

After the incident and the Tenno ordered for some expensive coffee, the other Tenno told him of Kopi Luwak.

Taking a seat, he wondered about what to buy, he had quite a lot of credits on him right now, 30,000 credits. He then decided and asked "Can I have a cup of Latte sweetened with Thaumatin?"

The Tenno seemed to have replied rather bluntly about what Kopi Luwak is and said "Can't blame you, that's the best way to explain it."

Infinium was grinning like a mad fool within his helmet.

"Crab, Kopi Luwak refers to how something will eat coffee beans, and 'Refine' them in it's digestive tract. After collecting the droppings, they were dried and crushed up into powder. You are, in a sense drinking hot, fresh sh*twater."

Infinium remembered that he was in polite company. "Oh, um...err, Pardon my bad language...seemed fitting for the moment"

He just chuckled nervously.

Crab stared at Infinium for a moment, Before returning his gaze to the Coffee, Then to Infinium again.. Before shrugging and taking another drink.

"Best tasting crap i ever had"

Two walked around the market a bit, but since she was still a bit tired, she had trouble understanding what is what.

'A nice cup of tea is what i need now' she thought, and then the sign of Creamy Sands came into her view. 'Perfect'

She went to the bar and asked for a cup of tea. 'Do they even sell tea here?' she thought. 'God i hope it's not that swill, that Grineer call "tea".'

"Of course, miss." Soling replied cheerfully, quite surprised at all the visiting Tenno. "Perhaps you'd like to try our specialty brew?"

Taking a seat, he wondered about what to buy, he had quite a lot of credits on him right now, 30,000 credits. He then decided and asked "Can I have a cup of Latte sweetened with Thaumatin?"

"Very well sir. Your drink will be brought to you in a minute." replied the little blonde waitress, passing on his order to the barista. He seemed to tut a little as he reached for the container of sweetener that sat in a neglected corner of his bar. Pouring the coffee into a cup, he sprinkled in the crystals and handed it to the waitress, who skipped over merrily to her customer to serve him his drink.

"Enjoy!" she said, ending with a bow.