Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Killed On Saturn 7 Minutes... What?

Awazx

Killed on saturn 7 minutes... what?

Wear A Frost Prime coat with 1110 points and 300 lives. After 7 minutes Napalm attacks me. My shields (as usual) hold perfectly, but an effect of state (proc) and through them in one fell swoop, my life begins to shrink. In three tics had lost 300 points of life. 

I hope this is not normal. 

And it seems completely absurd to have to die even if my shields were intact. Very very bad.

Npc's get the bleed proc which by passes sheilds, it used to be worse than it is now.  But now you need vitality equipped

Much worse, no doubt. Never in the game had died of proc state. Even wearing the mod equipped fire resistance (+60% Flame repellent). It is completely absurd. If I die must be because of my lack of skill, not because the game forces me to die, without giving me any chance. It's absurd and it's a bad design.

there should be some chance of failure when playing a game, otherwise what is the point

I accept that. But the game should not force me to die. Her full mod Flame Repellent, 1110 escudos. Is it normal to die on a planet after 7 minutes? It's not normal. This is not difficult, it is to force the player to die regardless of ability. I have 500 hours of gameplay and I had never happened.

>:) I love anything that bypasses shields. In conclave you always get that Rhino that is 1200 shields and 300 health, and my Ichors just laugh HUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUE 

2 words, one mod: quick thinking

I accept that. But the game should not force me to die. Her full mod Flame Repellent, 1110 escudos. Is it normal to die on a planet after 7 minutes? It's not normal. This is not difficult, it is to force the player to die regardless of ability. I have 500 hours of gameplay and I had never happene

you were not "forced to die", nor do you "die regardless of ability", but that doesnt mean that the latter should not always be a possibility, otherwise what is the point of playing you might as well go afk the results will be the same

also, if you had the ability you would have either killed the enemy or avoided it, dont blame the game for your lack of situational awareness and or responses time, you did not "die instantly for no reason"

you were not "forced to die", nor do you "die regardless of ability", but that doesnt mean that the latter should not always be a possibility, otherwise what is the point of playing you might as well go afk the results will be the same

also, if you had the ability you would have either killed the enemy or avoided it, dont blame the game for your lack of situational awareness and or responses time, you did not "die instantly for no reason"

I will not waste my time with you because they simply do not know what you are saying.

That mob does a ton of damage... Especially if you don't get out of the fire patches.

Not sure what could have happened to you, I will say I have been in some instances where I just flat died with not a single mob anywhere around.

It's rare, but it has happened.

You tanked your hp before fighting the Grineer, who LOVE to throw bleeds and statuses around. And now you are trying to blame the game as you got caught. Learn from the error, adapt and whup on the Napalms from a goodly distance and don't treat them like Lancers.

Don't cry fowl as you got caught unawares, learn from it or you know, keep health restores on you *just in case*. Death does happen in games, and yeah, status is a hell of a way to make it happen, especially when you want to min/max.

the worst part is that even as a frost with snowglobe, the snowglobe doesnt block knock-downs so you can easily get flung out of your bubble....which happens every time i use snowglobe......hence why i like absorb a bit more for protecting things for a little bit

I will not waste my time with you because they simply do not know what you are saying.

im saying, "you died because you weren't paying attention and or didnt react fast enough, but that is okay"

just because you died ingame you should not suddenly rage, dying should not only be possible but expected

I like to think of Bleed Proc as the Grineer secret weapon to dealing with Tenno. Also you can be aware, and avoid it. Its called taking cover, and blocking to avoid being hit by the bleed proc. Could also... Wear mods to keep you alive.

I have some sympathy for the OP, I've been victim to an 8 second toxin proc this week that killed my Nyx before it ticked to 3 seconds.

Come on DE, I've got all the frames, I'm not buying revives no matter what you do to make the frames more squishy and decrease their survivability.

there should be some chance of failure when playing a game, otherwise what is the point

Completely missing the point of the thread, mate.

OT: Sounds like a Bleed proc to me. Eviscerators used to be known to inflict bleed procs capable of downing a no-Vitality frame in just one or two ticks. The devs decreased the bleed damage and the proc chance, but their Bleeds still hurt, especially if you've got more than one happening at the same time.

Completely missing the point of the thread, mate.

OT: Sounds like a Bleed proc to me. Eviscerators used to be known to inflict bleed procs capable of downing a no-Vitality frame in just one or two ticks. The devs decreased the bleed damage and the proc chance, but their Bleeds still hurt, especially if you've got more than one happening at the same time.

no, i dont think i am, i am just looking at this objectively.

-he is talking about saturn

-he is talking about napalms

-only enemies that proc slash are elite lancers

-he does not mention elite lancers

-there are no eviscerators on saturn

OP was proably like "oh i have 1100 shields so i can tank anything" and then died because of it.