Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let Us Liquidate Our Founders Assets.

ObviousLee

I suggested this about other exclusives (not founders stuff) and for some reason that escapes my understanding - most people are against it.

I dont see why though. Making exclusives tradeable keeps the same amount of that item in circulation. Its not like more are being given out.

And secondly it means everyone benefits, people want my gun that i dont want - why cant i give it to them?

Its probably high prices which are on the very edge of being clear scam.

Its probably high prices which are on the very edge of being clear scam.

the selling prices will eventually simply drop as they do with everything else, however there will always be a limited supply in this case.

the selling prices will eventually simply drop as they do with everything else, however there will always be a limited supply in this case.

Will they, last time i heard there were 5 transactions done with primed chamber and ppl are still offering over 5k plat for it.

Founder stuff is not as common as arcane helmets, i really doubt that more than 10% of game population have exca prime.

Edited by Davoodoo

Will they, last time i heard there were 5 transactions done with primed chamber and ppl are still offering over 5k plat for it.

Founder stuff is not as common as arcane helmets, i really doubt that more than 10% of game population have exca prime.

i hear ya on that one. mayhaps some form of trade hardcap in this case?

I wouldn't oppose it.  I doubt it would have much of a practical effect at all - really, sellers would be limited to founders who don't intend to hold on to their items as a badge, but who intend to still play the game enough to actually need platinum.  That has got to be a very small group.

Still, "You want those items?  Go buy buckets of platinum and hit the trading forum" would pretty much end any and all "Rerelease now!" demands.  So that's a positive.

The only think I believe should be acceptable from the very start is Trading Event Weapons, and even then, you could only trade them for another Event weapon.

But founder stuff?!?

it's not like it would be mandatory that you sell or trade them.

secondly, you and i paid for our exclusivity, not for nobody else to ever have them.

we paid to get them, not to make sure others don't, and honestly if you want to keep yours i've no issue with that whatsoever, so why do you have an issue with me selling mine to someone who genuinely wants them?

Ok, OP i got your thought process here, but honestly it would be dancing a really fine line that would almost break the system.

This is not from my point of view of having founders assets. Ugh, the market nightmares would only get worse. 

This is not to include being hounded or hunted by randoms recieving random messages trying to encourage me to sell my stuff. The insane inflation prices with the already broken market, and how value of a item is mistaken or not taken by customer ends up becoming nothing but a pure flame fest.

I see Founders being the "hunted" with this scenario, and the market would ALWAYS be worse with these items tradeable. Just look at the market now.

Ok, OP i got your thought process here, but honestly it would be dancing a really fine line that would almost break the system.

This is not from my point of view of having founders assets. Ugh, the market nightmares would only get worse. 

This is not to include being hounded or hunted by randoms receiving random messages trying to encourage me to sell my stuff. The insane inflation prices with the already broken market, and how value of a item is mistaken or not taken by customer ends up becoming nothing but a pure flame fest.

I see Founders being the "hunted" with this scenario, and the market would ALWAYS be worse with these items tradeable. Just look at the market now.

it is quite an atrocity at present. the only thing that springs to mind is a hard cap put in place to combat the inflation of prices. im no economist, so my perspective is limited.

as for being hunted? the only way to tell in game is to either mention that you are a founder, or have your emblem out. thats more or less it afaik.

Edit: This quoted post is a fantastic counter arguement, as it provides explicit details as to why it's not a good idea. i commend you sir. +1 for you.

Edited by ObviousLee

it's not like it would be mandatory that you sell or trade them.

secondly, you and i paid for our exclusivity, not for nobody else to ever have them.

we paid to get them, not to make sure others don't, and honestly if you want to keep yours i've no issue with that whatsoever, so why do you have an issue with me selling mine to someone who genuinely wants them?

You're seeing those items with so much superficiality and so little value...

Why do you think made them exclusive in the first place?

Because they're a simbol of loyalty.

They're proof we supported DE. They're not only proof we were here from the very beginning, they are also a gift from DE to us, for supporting their game.

Wanting to sell your Founders equipment, as much as I may understand your point, is just sad.

It's like trying to sell in a store a gift someone you helped gave to you.

-

Edit: And aside from the "I see Founders being the "hunted" with this scenario" part, which I strongly disagree with, I agree 100% with Blood.

Edited by CenSilver

You're seeing those items with so much superficiality and so little value...

Why do you think made them exclusive in the first place?

Because they're a simbol of loyalty.

They're proof we supported DE. They're not only proof we were here from the very beginning, they are also a gift from DE to us, for supporting their game.

Wanting to sell your Founders equipment, as much as I may understand your point, is just sad.

It's like trying to sell in a store a gift someone you helped gave to you.

-

Edit: And aside from the "I see Founders being the "hunted" with this scenario" part, which I strongly disagree with, I agree 100% with Blood.

it's a digital piece of code that has a visual graphic tied to it............yea, really missing out on something i do not use.

i have my proof still - forum name still says grand master, still have badges, still have name in star chart. so aside from plat and excal prime, skana prime, and lato prime, all founder identifiers are still present.

the more i read on, the more it honestly (aside from bloods post) sounds like "i may have them, and i may not sell them, but i refuse to let you sell them to anyone else" and it's really, really sad.

im starting to feel as if should this become a reality, people will heckle those who traded for founders stuff as if they are something to look down upon, or myself because i wanted someone else to actually use the damned things.

which again, is honestly sad. remember, we paid for our access to the exclusive content, not so everyone else would be prevented access to this content.

Edited by ObviousLee

it's a digital piece of code that has a visual graphic tied to it............yea, really missing out on something i do not use.

i have my proof still - forum name still says grand master, still have badges, still have name in star chart. so aside from plat and excal prime, skana prime, and lato prime, all founder identifiers are still present.

the more i read on, the more it honestly (aside from bloods post) sounds like "i may have them, and i may not sell them, but i refuse to let you sell them to anyone else" and it's really, really sad.

im starting to feel as if should this become a reality, people will heckle those who traded for founders stuff as if they are something to look down upon, or myself because i wanted someone else to actually use the damned things.

which again, is honestly sad. remember, we paid for our access to the exclusive content, not so everyone else would be prevented access to this content.

Do you have a brain? Because I'm starting to think you speak without one.

No, I'm SERIOUS.

Just look at your last words:

"we paid for our access to the exclusive content, not so everyone else would be prevented access to this content."

You literally just condradicted your own words in the most blatant manner.

I don't even know how should I react to that.

Do you have a brain? Because I'm starting to think you speak without one.

No, I'm SERIOUS.

Just look at your last words:

"we paid for our access to the exclusive content, not so everyone else would be prevented access to this content."

You literally just condradicted your own words in the most blatant manner.

I don't even know how should I react to that.

maybe your reading comprehension isn't so good then.

so let me speak clearer :there is no limited amount of these items as they are digital, save for the fact that they could not be purchased after a certain date. we paid for access to those items. i paid 250 bucks, so i could have excal prime, lato prime, and skana prime, NOT so others would be denied the access TO THOSE ITEMS.

i don't know how else to explain that. I bought a truck so i could drive around, not so others would be forced to walk. I bought a PS3 and PS4 so i could play those kinds of games, not so others would be denied the same thing.

we did NOT make our founders purchases for ANY other reasons than to support a game we love, get some cool S#&$, and some plat. the current mentality you are showing though, is simply put: selfish. i get that YOU want to keep YOUR stuff. thats fine, no problems with that. but saying that I cannot sell MY stuff to someone who wants it, is not only insane, but insulting. who are you to control what i do? who is anyone actually? <-----DE would be the one who would have ultimate say considering they actually own the stuff.  <---edited as afterthought.

the whole mentality you're putting out (could be wrong) is that i paid for this, so NO ONE ELSE CAN GET IT. if your reason for buying something is to deprive others from it (not saying it's the case, merely if) then i pity you, and any who think like that.

if you cannot understand that i merely want to pass on something that brought me some fun to another player who for whatever reasons was unable to attain these items from DE during the founder access, while not affecting you, or anyone else who decides to keep their founders stuff then some schooling might be in order, as critical thinking and cognitive reasoning are obviouslee not your strong suit. again, could be wrong though.

Edited by ObviousLee

I had the opportunity to become a Founder, but no, it wasn't worth the steep price even with all the rewards that comes with it. And I don't regret not buying it after hearing it was only for a limited time since I somewhat came in late to CB.

Oh well, boo hoo, no shiny badge or title for me.

I sense greed in this thread.

That is all.

I had the opportunity to become a Founder, but no, it wasn't worth the steep price even with all the rewards that comes with it. And I don't regret not buying it after hearing it was only for a limited time since I somewhat came in late to CB.

Oh well, boo hoo, no shiny badge or title for me.

I sense greed in this thread.

That is all.

greed from my point of view in that we should be able to sell them to players, or greed from those who want to keep them exclusive?

maybe your reading comprehension isn't so good then.

so let me speak clearer :there is no limited amount of these items as they are digital, save for the fact that they could not be purchased after a certain date. we paid for access to those items. i paid 250 bucks, so i could have excal prime, lato prime, and skana prime, NOT so others would be denied the access TO THOSE ITEMS.

i don't know how else to explain that. I bought a truck so i could drive around, not so others would be forced to walk. I bought a PS3 and PS4 so i could play those kinds of games, not so others would be denied the same thing.

we did NOT make our founders purchases for ANY other reasons than to support a game we love, get some cool S#&$, and some plat. the current mentality you are showing though, is simply put: selfish. i get that YOU want to keep YOUR stuff. thats fine, no problems with that. but saying that I cannot sell MY stuff to someone who wants it, is not only insane, but insulting. who are you to control what i do? who is anyone actually? <-----DE would be the one who would have ultimate say considering they actually own the stuff. <---edited as afterthought.

the whole mentality you're putting out (could be wrong) is that i paid for this, so NO ONE ELSE CAN GET IT. if your reason for buying something is to deprive others from it (not saying it's the case, merely if) then i pity you, and any who think like that.

if you cannot understand that i merely want to pass on something that brought me some fun to another player who for whatever reasons was unable to attain these items from DE during the founder access, while not affecting you, or anyone else who decides to keep their founders stuff then some schooling might be in order, as critical thinking and cognitive reasoning are obviouslee not your strong suit. again, could be wrong though.

You think your arguements are enough to "blanket-cover" the core of the problem, not to mention think that just because certain item is digital it has zero value, even though it came from actual money.

They are not, and it is not.

1 - This isn't about my Founder set, or yours. This is about everyone's.

You claim me to be selfish, yet you're only thinking on the repercussions of being able to sell founder stuff on YOU.

Ironic, is it not?

2 - It DOESN'T MATTER why YOU paid for founders. Founders was there for a reason. And held a simple idea of being rewarded for supporting the game. Yet you just want it to become another rare in the game and lose that value.

And I'm the selfish?

3 - If you think there wouldn't be repercussions in /the whole game/ for Founder items to be sellable, then the only one in here who needs some SERIOUS schooling is you.

Edited by CenSilver

You think your arguements are enough to "blanket-cover" the core of the problem, not to mention think that just because certain item is digital it has zero value, even though it came from actual money.

They are not, and it is not.

1 - This isn't about my Founder set, or yours. This is about everyone's.

You claim me to be selfish, yet you're only thinking on the repercussions of being able to sell founder stuff on YOU.

Ironic, is it not?

2 - It DOESN'T MATTER why YOU paid for founders. Founders was there for a reason. And held a simple idea of being rewarded for supporting the game. Yet you just want it to become another rare in the game and lose that value.

And I'm the selfish?

3 - If you think there wouldn't be repercussions in /the whole game/ for Founder items to be sellable, then the only one in here who needs some SERIOUS schooling is you.

yes, you're the selfish. /s

of course there would be repercussions. anything anyone ever does has repercussions. that's a simple fact of life man. but just for the sake of indulgence, lets analyze those possible repercussions shall we?

1: someone other than us gets to enjoy content previously unavailable, that has no advantage whatsoever as it's mere fluff material that people want and i am willing to part with.

2: founders who don't want to sell their stuff, or have anyone else to have it because "exclusive" will be upset that someone else managed to get ahold of an excal p or whatever because of reasons i honestly cannot understand or agree with.

3: feel free to add something i may not have considered, by all means.

now lets look at the reality of this possible situation: Digital Extremes legally cannot re-open the founders access. We all understand that. however, lets look at what we CAN do presently with the excalibur prime, lato prime, and skana prime. We can equip and use them, yet there are infinitely better equipment choices, we can leave them in our inventories, or sell them for credits(digital currency).

all I, and many others are seeking, is the addition of trade to that menu. be it trading for digital property (mods, prime parts, etc.) or digital currency(credits/platinum).

Now lets look at how this will affect founders as a whole. as far as i can see, the only ones who will be affected are the buyers and sellers. Me selling my founder items to the game (effectively reducing the founder items population slightly) for credits back to the game would be a waste in my opinion, as it's an item that is no longer possible to use it at all, and all that was gained was a paltry amount of credits. Whereas trading it to another player, would give the equipment a chance to be used by someone who is excited to play it.

in fact, let's swap positions for a second and look at this from another angle. lets say you're the one who wants to sell your items ok, and i am the one who opposes it. from what i've seen from your side of the fence thus far, the potential for abuse is high(causing people do decide on whether they wish to spend any amount of money on platinum to purchase the content from someone else, therefore possibly improving Digital Extreme's income as an unintended side effect) enough to warrant caution: let the buyer beware can definitely be applied here, and that exclusivity must be maintained. So if those two were my founding defense points, then were you to mention to me that event exclusive digital content (event mod(s?)) is also available to be circulated through trade. In that mods like the cicero set, tethra set(never declared exclusive afaik) and Primed chamber which iirc was either only released in 100 or 1000 units, and yet still very much attainable through trade. the fact that there is no filter to prevent items that are labled, or interpreted, or presented as exclusive are in point of fact able to be circulated from account to account undermines any arguement of exclusivity being applicable to founders items (save for that digital extremes cannot provide access to this content to an account that has never had it).

as far as how it will impact the community? First, it would have to be deftly stated by DE that it is at the discretion of the founders themselves, on whether or not they wish to trade their items, and that it is not DE in themselves that are allowing new accounts access to aforementioned content(meaning that the total number of founder items amongst all founders must either remain static{no increase or decrease} or must decrease{players selling their items for credits for whatever reason}) but never, ever increase as that would be the actual violation of the agreement all founders signed and paid for upon purchase. that de, after the cut off date, would not increase the amount of total owned founders items, which would be providing access to new accounts, therefore increasing the "founder item population". This proposition I have presented to all of you, would not affect the founder item population in a positive way. by all logic, it should either remain static, or decrease, so in essence only affecting those who are current owners of founder items, and those who "will" own them providing this is accepted.

If you happen to see something i am either missing entirely, or not seeing in general please mention it. I'm not arguing with you in the slightest, and after reading my precious post i realize it came off as rude, and i apologize, but i do want to understand everyone's feelings on this and hopefully have some form of middle ground reached.

Edited by ObviousLee

I am for it. I wouldn't sell my Skana Prime, but I might buy someone else's.... if it ever became possible (and very expensive) to make dual Skana Prime, and that doing so would require sacrificing two fully made Skana Primes from the small and limited (and which will never again increase) pool of existing Skana Primes. 

I am for it. I wouldn't sell my Skana Prime, but I might buy someone else's.... if it ever became possible (and very expensive) to make dual Skana Prime, and that doing so would require sacrificing two fully made Skana Primes from the small and limited (and which will never again increase) pool of existing Skana Primes. 

exactly my point. as long as the pool never actually increases, otherwise i can safely gauge how people would react =/

yes, you're the selfish. /s

of course there would be repercussions. anything anyone ever does has repercussions. that's a simple fact of life man. but just for the sake of indulgence, lets analyze those possible repercussions shall we?

1: someone other than us gets to enjoy content previously unavailable, that has no advantage whatsoever as it's mere fluff material that people want and i am willing to part with.

2: founders who don't want to sell their stuff, or have anyone else to have it because "exclusive" will be upset that someone else managed to get ahold of an excal p or whatever because of reasons i honestly cannot understand or agree with.

3: feel free to add something i may not have considered, by all means.

now lets look at the reality of this possible situation: Digital Extremes legally cannot re-open the founders access. We all understand that. however, lets look at what we CAN do presently with the excalibur prime, lato prime, and skana prime. We can equip and use them, yet there are infinitely better equipment choices, we can leave them in our inventories, or sell them for credits(digital currency).

all I, and many others are seeking, is the addition of trade to that menu. be it trading for digital property (mods, prime parts, etc.) or digital currency(credits/platinum).

Now lets look at how this will affect founders as a whole. as far as i can see, the only ones who will be affected are the buyers and sellers. Me selling my founder items to the game (effectively reducing the founder items population slightly) for credits back to the game would be a waste in my opinion, as it's an item that is no longer possible to use it at all, and all that was gained was a paltry amount of credits. Whereas trading it to another player, would give the equipment a chance to be used by someone who is excited to play it.

in fact, let's swap positions for a second and look at this from another angle. lets say you're the one who wants to sell your items ok, and i am the one who opposes it. from what i've seen from your side of the fence thus far, the potential for abuse is high(causing people do decide on whether they wish to spend any amount of money on platinum to purchase the content from someone else, therefore possibly improving Digital Extreme's income as an unintended side effect) enough to warrant caution: let the buyer beware can definitely be applied here, and that exclusivity must be maintained. So if those two were my founding defense points, then were you to mention to me that event exclusive digital content (event mod(s?)) is also available to be circulated through trade. In that mods like the cicero set, tethra set(never declared exclusive afaik) and Primed chamber which iirc was either only released in 100 or 1000 units, and yet still very much attainable through trade. the fact that there is no filter to prevent items that are labled, or interpreted, or presented as exclusive are in point of fact able to be circulated from account to account undermines any arguement of exclusivity being applicable to founders items (save for that digital extremes cannot provide access to this content to an account that has never had it).

as far as how it will impact the community? First, it would have to be deftly stated by DE that it is at the discretion of the founders themselves, on whether or not they wish to trade their items, and that it is not DE in themselves that are allowing new accounts access to aforementioned content(meaning that the total number of founder items amongst all founders must either remain static{no increase or decrease} or must decrease{players selling their items for credits for whatever reason}) but never, ever increase as that would be the actual violation of the agreement all founders signed and paid for upon purchase. that de, after the cut off date, would not increase the amount of total owned founders items, which would be providing access to new accounts, therefore increasing the "founder item population". This proposition I have presented to all of you, would not affect the founder item population in a positive way. by all logic, it should either remain static, or decrease, so in essence only affecting those who are current owners of founder items, and those who "will" own them providing this is accepted.

If you happen to see something i am either missing entirely, or not seeing in general please mention it. I'm not arguing with you in the slightest, and after reading my precious post i realize it came off as rude, and i apologize, but i do want to understand everyone's feelings on this and hopefully have some form of middle ground reached.

I'm sorry, I'm not even gonna bother to read you. I'm done already.

I'm leaving these threads after DE's latest more than coward approach on them, because I'm done with people trying to use walls of (clearly DESPERATE) made up stuff to solve what they think is a problem.

Selling Founder is a No. Dual Founder is a No. Making up some of the dumbest excuses/"solutions" I ever heard in my life will still be a No.

There is NO middle ground because this is not debatable. It's a no-brainer that was explained by people in the most varied ways MANY times.

The End.

Side note: If you really care for if you're coming off as rude or not, which based from what I saw, I'm willing to bet you don't, be warned that you just did it again, the exact same way.

Enjoy your "Thread", I'm out.

Founder status means nothing. No rational human being cares who's a founder or what exclusives they have. Most founders suffer from entitlement issues and "I wanna be a unique snowflake" syndrome.

It's not a symbol of loyalty, it's a symbol of support. Dishing out $250 does not make you anymore loyal then the guy who simply couldn't afford it.

I can see both sides of the argument but at the end of the day I don't care if they return the founder exclusive gear, however I'd expect people to dish out the same amount of money I spent ($50 for Hunter). I'm not against trading parts either. There will be no ideal solution to this and these threads sadly won't ever stop. I suggest people think what things will be like 2-5 years down the line from now.

Exclusives are bad in general and should not exist in any game. DE needs to stop releasing them. Annual exclusives are fine such as holiday stuff, as long as they're re-released the next year.