Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Psychological Effect Of Removing Items From The Codex

1. Hiding things is shady business, eventually fueling conspiracy theorycrafting. Running into players talking about or utilizing exclusives, and then being unable to pull that info up, that's not going to end well. Nope nope.

2. Players would no longer feel they must participate in events and log into Warframe more often so you do not miss content. They are not seeing comparable prizes to keep them interested in and exciting about participating in future events as much. The incentive kicks in only when the event is announced with the prizes for that event, assuming the player is still around and paying attention to them, instead of nagging away at them in the back of their mind.

I know, I know, probably not strong arguments for returning them to the codex. I may be the only one bothered by this.

Anyway, here is what I would like to see:

1. Codex entries for exclusive items and event items with blurbs about that they were only available for limited time, with a note as to what event they applied to, such as, after the weapons lore entry, perhaps something like this:

A gift from the Lotus to commemorate the anniversary of the first Tenno waking from Cryo stasis.

Note: The Dex Furis was available to players for a limited time in April of 2014 to celebrate 1 Year of Open Beta.

2. Once codex entries are created with their lore & limited availability notes, add the ability to toggle "Show All" for unobtainable item display, defaulted to show only obtainable items to players otherwise.

Perhaps we could put together a list of no longer unobtainable items and their notes to be included by DE.

makes people sad that they missed out on stuff basically is what OP is trying to say

That is why they were removed. I want it back as an option, for those of us that like to compare stats or read lore, whether we have access to each item or not.

I missed a lot of things joining up halfway through open beta instead of during closed beta, and now I can't even see how badass those event items are anymore in game, or how 3D modeling & skins vary between vandal, wraith, and normal versions, when I'm poking around the codex.

Edited by DietEbolaCola

IMHO the best thing they could do is make a tab with unobtainables in it. So I know what weapon/'frames I'm missing, and not have to list down and strike off everything.

Acceptance is a part of dealing with loss, but hiding it away is just avoiding the issue. Or worse, escapism.

Agreed.  The Codex is an information source and a catalog of all the game's content, past and present.  Removing exclusive items to pacify a few malcontents runs contrary to the Codex's purpose.  Moreover, eliminating the items in the Codex does not eliminate them from the game.  Information is just that.  Whether the item is still obtainable or not is irrelevant; if it exists, please return it to the Codex.

IMHO the best thing they could do is make a tab with unobtainables in it. So I know what weapon/'frames I'm missing, and not have to list down and strike off everything.

Acceptance is a part of dealing with loss, but hiding it away is just avoiding the issue. Or worse, escapism.

Hell.. I wouldn't mind having to scan my buddy when he equips his Snipetron Vandal to get it into that Unobtainable section, either.. It would give me more things to try to complete in the game.. tracking down people with exclusives so I can scan them.. "Say cheese!"

I liked having the no longer available weapons in the codex so I could see what they look like and what their stats are.  If I had them I probably wouldn't use them for more than mastery anyway so being able to view them in the codex was almost as good as owning them anyway!

The codex could do with a revamp in the weapons section.  More detail as to how to get weapons would be nice.  More than the store link it currently has for appropriate weapons.  List if the weapon is event only, clantech craftable, market blueprint craftable, mission reward [and if so which mission(s)].

I'm pretty happy I don't have to see Excal Prime when I go into the Warframe section to see the dioramas.

inb4 speculation on the PS4 boards on Excal Prime being the next Prime Access... rampant speculation fed by incomplete information.. mmmm...

Edited by DietEbolaCola