The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thoughts On Releasing The Aklato Prime And Dual Skana Prime [Please Be Civil And Constructive]

Mesyra

I think it's amusing how "Founders defending their shinies" is something people keep bringing up.

Majority of founders whom have posted are Masters or Hunters.

Not Grandmasters.

As such by this suggestion they stand to "Gain" access to the Lato Primes. A weapon they don't have and Grand Masters do.

It's simply a matter of respect.

Thats the whole point so far.  They are saying you can't release something that is similar to the founder's exclusives. Except the other side is saying that they're similar, but different enough to not count.

Unless this has suddenly not become about aklato prime.

They are different.  There is no different enough.  If they weren't different DE would have never sold dual wielding weapons as separate weapons, they would have just let us equip two of them to dual wield.

I think it's amusing how "Founders defending their shinies" is something people keep bringing up.

Not Grandmasters.

As such by this suggestion they stand to "Gain" access to the Lato Primes. A weapon they don't have and Grand Masters do.

I would have bought gm if I cared about lato or skana prime.  I could care less if I got either of the dual weild variants; if they did come out, I'd just level them to 30 and never touch them again.  

This is an issue of principle.  The tantrums founders have thrown over exclusives by and large have been justified.  That's not the case here.  The sense of entitlement they feel towards whether or not a weapon they never paid for should be released is abhorrent.  A lot of these guys like to talk about whether or not other people deserve these weapons.  Well the simple fact is, they don't deserve to dictate whether they are released.  They never paid for them.

Edited by Aggh

They are different.  There is no different enough.  If they weren't different DE would have never sold dual wielding weapons as separate weapons, they would have just let us equip two of them to dual wield.

I would have bought gm if I cared about lato or skana prime.  I could care less if I got either of the dual weild variants; if they did come out, I'd just level them to 30 and never touch them again.  

This is an issue of principle.  The tantrums founders have thrown over exclusives by and large have been justified.  That's not the case here.  The sense of entitlement they feel towards whether or not a weapon they never paid for should be released is abhorrent.

It's the same weapon, but doubled.

Arguing otherwise is just completely devoid of logic.

It's the same weapon, but doubled.

Arguing otherwise is just completely devoid of logic.

If they're the same weapon, why are dual wielded variants sold as a different product?

Edited by Aggh

If they're the same weapon, why are dual wielded weapons sold as a separate product?

Because you can justify selling dual version easier than selling two of the same weapons. Who would have bought 2 Boltos if they needed them for dual wield?

Not Grandmasters.

I asume this is for the founder trading thread and not about aklato? At the moment everyone stands to gain from the release of aklato and dual skana and compensation to all founders in the form of it beining easier for them to obtain these weapons.

Again the founders package has already been discussed. One side believes that the founders own the model and every bit of code on the lato/skana prime. The other side believes otherwise and this is one one of the topics that have been going in circles.

Edited by Postal_pat

If they're the same weapon, why are dual wielded variants sold as a different product?

Because it doesn't piss off people whom helped the game get off the ground and DE has more respect than to act in contempt towards those whom without which, you hobby wouldn't exist.

Now, please, show some respect and stop trying to believe your own bullS#&$.

Because you can justify selling dual version easier than selling two of the same weapons. Who would have bought 2 Boltos if they needed them for dual wield?

That might be the rationality behind the design decision, but your answer illustrates how the game treats the weapons.  If it treated dual wielding weapons as just two copies, we'd be buying two copies of the one weapon.  

Instead, we're buying a different weapon with a (sometimes) different price, with different stats, different animations, often at a different release date, we're buying it separately from the single variant, we're earning mastery for it separate from the single variant, we're equipping it separately from the single variant, we're upgrading it separately from the single variant, we're polarizing it separately from the single variant and we're modding it separately from the single variant.  

After observing those facts, simple logic dictates that it is must be considered a different product.

Because it doesn't &!$$ off people whom helped the game get off the ground and DE has more respect than to act in contempt towards those whom without which, you hobby wouldn't exist.

Now, please, show some respect and stop trying to believe your own bullS#&$.

Wow, way to not bother answering the question at all.

I'll ask again, why are dual variant weapons sold as a different product if they are not a different product as you claim them to be?

I asume this is for the founder trading thread and not about aklato? At the moment everyone stands to gain from the release of aklato and dual skana and compensation to all founders in the form of it beining easier for them to obtain these weapons.

Again the founders package has already been discussed. One side believes that the founders own the model and every bit of code on the lato/skana prime. The other side believes otherwise and this is one one of the topics that have been going in circles.

Only because they're skirting around simple questions that would prove them wrong.

Edited by Aggh

Why do I have to keep making posts to tell people to calm down. seriously. lets leave all our narcissism and jealousy at the door before coming to sit at my table to chat. thanks. there is still too many pointless posts, you can make a short comment, but leave something constructive with it. Stop with the side conversations and keep on track.

Wow, way to not bother answering the question at all.

I'll ask again, why are dual variant weapons sold as a different product if they are not a different product as you claim them to be?

I'm not DE, I can't answer that.

I can only direct you to my own thinking of why they'd do it which is, if you'll check my post.

"Because it doesn't &!$$ off people whom helped the game get off the ground and DE has more respect than to act in contempt towards those whom without which, you hobby wouldn't exist.

Now, please, show some respect and stop trying to believe your own bullS#&$."

They sell duals of other weapons because they're not founder exclusive weapons.

In fact, as yet, no exclusive weapon has received a double version which has been available to the public.

So, no, they do not release doubled exclusive weapons, nor have they ever done.

I'm not DE, I can't answer that.

I can only direct you to my own thinking of why they'd do it which is, if you'll check my post.

"Because it doesn't &!$$ off people whom helped the game get off the ground and DE has more respect than to act in contempt towards those whom without which, you hobby wouldn't exist.

Now, please, show some respect and stop trying to believe your own bullS#&$."

They sell duals of other weapons because they're not founder exclusive weapons.

In fact, as yet, no exclusive weapon has received a double version which has been available to the public.

So, no, they do not release doubled exclusive weapons, nor have they ever done.

Put on your thinking cap.  I already listed off a mountain of differences for you.  If they're treated as a different product that means that they are a different product.  You're just not willing to face facts.

Wow, is it so hard to put one and one together?  All dual variants are treated as a separate product.  There is no logical reason as to why these wouldn't be either.  Or are you going to tell me that if they released dual skana prime that people wouldn't have to level it up/upgrade it/forma it since they already have the single variant?

You're ignoring how the game works because it doesn't agree with your sense of entitlement.

Edited by Aggh

Put on your thinking cap.  I already listed off a mountain of differences for you.  You're just not willing to face facts.

Wow, is it so hard to put one and one together?  All dual variants are treated as a separate product.  There is no logical reason as to why these wouldn't be either.

Could you please name an exclusive event, founder or other item which has received an "AK" version and then released to the public?

Edited by Cingal

Could you please name an exclusive event, founder or other item which has received an "AK" version and then released to the public?

Can you link me to the rule that dictates that there can't be one?

Edited by Aggh

The things i would do to get a chance to obtain the "exclusives".

Too bad we have a bunch of selfish people who decided that we can't enjoy it as much as they do, i mean it's a PVE game goddamnit. I never got the chance to obtain them and DE has said that unlike the wraiths, we'll NEVER get a chance at getting excal prime lato prime skana prime.... NEVER. 

I don't care what you guys say, but all it sounds like to me is " BLAH BLAH BLAH WE'RE SELFISH BLAH BLAH BLAH TOO BAD FOR YOU WE SPENT MONEY". well i would gladly spend the 40 bucks, IF I WAS GIVEN THE CHANCE TO!

Can you link me to the rule that dictates that there can't be one?

warframe_founders1_thumb.jpg

there is not a weapon as of yet to have an akimbo variant that was exclusive. but this is a possible thing to do.

But why would they?

And importantly, why would they with an item which founders paid money for?

Event items, sure, nobody spent money on those.

But a founder exclusive item which was sold for real money?

No, don't be silly.

warframe_founders1_thumb.jpg

You're really grasping for straws now, aren't you?  That is talking about the exclusivity of specific items; ie excalibur prime, skana prime, and lato prime.  It says nothing about items that couldn't be gotten with the founders pack.

Or did you get a dual skana prime with your founders purchase?

Edited by Aggh

Oh, sorry, I thought given you were going full retard I was allowed to as well.

Name calling, nice, that has to prove your point, yeah.

Read the OP again, keep it civil, if you can't make a formal rebuttal, keep quiet or accept that you are wrong.

cheers!

Name calling, nice, that has to prove your point, yeah.

Read the OP again, keep it civil, if you can't make a formal rebuttal, keep quiet or accept that you are wrong.

cheers!

There can be no civil debate with a person whom cannot understand that 1 + 1 = 2.

Too bad we have a bunch of selfish people who decided that we can't enjoy it as much as they do, i mean it's a PVE game goddamnit. I never got the chance to obtain them and DE has said that unlike the wraiths, we'll NEVER get a chance at getting excal prime lato prime skana prime.... NEVER. 

I don't care what you guys say, but all it sounds like to me is " BLAH BLAH BLAH WE'RE SELFISH BLAH BLAH BLAH TOO BAD FOR YOU WE SPENT MONEY". well i would gladly spend the 40 bucks, IF I WAS GIVEN THE CHANCE TO!

Selfish? Your the one being selfish here. Also for the record it wasnt 40$, it was 50$. Second not all of us paid 50$ to just get Excalibur Prime, some of us went above and beyond to show our love for this game by paying 250$. Your whining is disrespecting every founder who took a chance with this game. If you really wanna show support for the game and get a exclusive buy the next prime acces.

40?! We paid well over 40 bucks. And no, we're not being selfish. We understand that DE needs to keep their word. And if they release anything resembling the founders weapons, those are those weapons in whatever form they take. But of course, we're selfish because DE decided to make them exclusive, and to stand by that. And we Founders are obviously selfish when we can see through your attempts to skirt around the issue by trying to get dual versions of the exclusives since you can't get the items themselves. No, you guys are jealous that we have something you don't, and you just can't accept that.. Too bad DE wont come here and address whether or not they consider dual versions to be a form of the exclusive items or not. That would put this debate to rest, but no, they just can't be bothered to do that. They can address whether or not an aklato prime in the trailer is in the game but they can't address whether or not something like that would violate the Founders agreement? Discussion on this issue is going around in circles because of two differing opinions on founders items: either that the only exclusivity claims are on the items only, not holding to the design/art of the item, or that exclusivity applies to all aspects of the items, including the design (and that copying only the exclusive design violates the agreement). The only thing that will resolve this is DE taking the time to address this.. Determining which view they hold will solve this issue once and for all. Edited by AntoineFlemming