Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thoughts On Releasing The Aklato Prime And Dual Skana Prime [Please Be Civil And Constructive]

Mesyra

Tell me where in that contract it states that they have any rights regarding dual variants of those weapons which have been sold as a separate product from their single weapon counterpart for the entire history of the game.

But why does it even matter?  Why does it need to fix anything?  Why can't DE just make some money on some new content?

I said nothing about the dual version.  I said if they released the single versions he as a founder would be legally entitled to damages.  You said he isn't entitled to a cent, I was merely stating that technically he is.

Edited by Inferno_Hamster

Alright, I'm gonna be totally honest with all of you. Founder and non founder alike. 

These threads are POINTLESS! For pete's sake, we already know for certain that the founder gear is never coming back and the likelihood of dual versions coming out is still very low.

That said, I'd be fine with just giving non founders a few thousand mastery points to take away the insignificant mastery point edge founders have if it means ending this thread and all others like it. 

Edited by Plasmaface

I said nothing about the dual version.  I said if they released the single versions he as a founder would be legally entitled to damages.  You said he isn't entitled to a cent, I was merely stating that technically he is.

Um, you do realize that he believes he's entitled to a refund because he thinks the restrictions on the re release of single versions extends to dual versions as well, right?

Edited by Aggh

Alright, I'm gonna be totally honest with all of you. Founder and non founder alike. 

These threads are POINTLESS! For pete's sake, we already know for certain that the founder gear is never coming back and the likelihood of dual versions coming out is still very low.

That said, I'd be fine with just giving non founders a few thousand mastery points to take away the insignificant mastery point edge founders have if it means ending this thread and all others like it.

Yet more freebies for no real reason?

Because the weapons that come out every week don't already do that?

Logic dictates that there still would be a gap of 12k points no matter how many new weaps come out. Unless those new weaps gave no mastery to founders there will always be a gap that cant be closed. Same can be said of other limited time weapons

Edited by dragonkingdx

Logic dictates that there still would be a gap of 12k points no matter how many new weaps come out. Unless those new weaps gave no mastery to founders there will always be a gap that cant be closed. Same can be said of other limited time weapons

12k points will become increasingly less significant with each raising of the max mastery rank :|

12k points will become increasingly less significant with each raising of the max mastery rank :|

true but for anything mastery related they will always complain about some point gap :S sitting on rank 13 myself 12k doesn't mean crap anymore. But they will always complain about the difference and that gap will never close due to exclusivity/limited time weapons.

How long must these threads go on?

It's my suspicion that this will continue until proponents get what they want.

It's irrelevant at this point... The thread is large enough to have hit their trending analytics.

As it is, DE stirred the pot with the xbox announce vid.

I have no doubt those items are coming... I just hope they are coming for ps4 and xbox exclusively.

It's irrelevant at this point... The thread is large enough to have hit their trending analytics.

I have no doubt those items are coming... I just hope they are coming for ps4 and xbox exclusively.

Maybe the dual version, but not the single versions. The single versions will always remain exclusive. 

Um, you do realize that he believes he's entitled to a refund because he thinks the restrictions on the re release of single versions extends to dual versions as well, right?

Nope, and I'm not going to read through 59 pages of comments.  And besides on the subject of the dual version I'd argue against him.  The only stated terms are those pertaining to the single variants.  Though the argument of implied terms could be used, I believe enough changes are made with the dual variants typically (art changes, stat changes, and with the addition of stances: animation) to consider them different items completely. 

Maybe the dual version, but not the single versions. The single versions will always remain exclusive. 

That's a given...

What tickles me is what will invariably happen after the duals get announced.

Arguments for an Excal Prime with six fingers on his left hand?

Perhaps an Excal prime with larger feet?

Nope, and I'm not going to read through 59 pages of comments.  And besides on the subject of the dual version I'd argue against him.  The only stated terms are those pertaining to the single variants.  Though the argument of implied terms could be used, I believe enough changes are made with the dual variants typically (art changes, stat changes, and with the addition of stances: animation) to consider them different items completely. 

Yeah, then it wouldn't be some cheap trick to give non-founders an alternative to the exclusive weapons.

That's a given...

What tickles me is what will invariably happen after the duals get announced.

Arguments for an Excal Prime with six fingers on his left hand?

Perhaps an Excal prime with larger feet?

#HillBillyExcalPrime2014

His opinion was made pretty clear on the post I was responding to.  Not sure why we're even having this conversation now, we seem to be of the same mind on this topic :|

Edited by Aggh

I'd be happy with it if they came with some improved version of Excal. Since Excal is one of my three favorite frames, having his Prime only be available in a pack that wasn't on my console was always a kick in the balls to me.

I'd be happy with it if they came with some improved version of Excal. Since Excal is one of my three favorite frames, having his Prime only be available in a pack that wasn't on my console was always a kick in the balls to me.

and is he is the poster boy of the game .

Edited by MerelyARumor

Yet more freebies for no real reason?

Same can be said for founders why would they even need a freebie of getting discounts to weapons they have no claim over. Just because they feel its sneaky they have a reason? The same could be applied to the people who feel mastery will make a difference in the future even if 12k wont be much on the higher ranks. So the non founder feeling of wanting some equilibrium for mastery isn't a real reason?

Mind you both sound pretty stupid to me. (both have merits in some form, but now we are all into respecting each others feelings when we already are trampling over each other) As neither is a reason beyond feelings. As dual aren't the same as single and people will just have to get used to some mastery gap. If you want to solve problems giving benefits for 1 group on 1 thing for their feelings. Means you have to give benefits to another for their complaints. (as if its not over 1 thing its another and the complaining will never cease) IE if the complaint over mastery is nothing and isn't a real reason to do it neither would be compensating founders in any way for releasing dual variants because they look alike.

I only state this because if DE wants to try to be fair to everyone they have to be very very careful on how they do such a thing. (well at least to quiet all of the whining and moaning over this issue) If the mastery differences were settled and the exclusivity of certain weapons and their mastery was settled there would be less whining over what is and is not available. So if one side seeks some sort of compensation and the other side doesn't for their problem then something will still be whined over. As I don't think DE would like anyone angry or upset but its very hard to please everyone (however it doesn't mean they shouldn't at least try to do it)

Now after stating that the only way to stop most of the complaints over exclusivity would be for DE to do a little giving spree. (most being because they will eventually find something to complain about as well as still complain about the original founders pack)

If they were to take the suggestion in the thread about halving the costs for making dual versions of founders weaps/giving a special glow it would be a nice gesture to the founders for using the likeness of the lato/skana prime. This would solve some of the shiny shiny issue for people who want something similar. However it will not solve the issue of excalibur or people wanting the original models. In addition to that if they were to make all further exclusive weapons have no mastery value and give equivalent mastery for the limited time/exclusive weapons a person doesn't own then we kill that little mastery argument. This itself is a nice gesture to everyone founders and non founders alike for those who don't have limited time/exclusive items. Or they can just plain re release the limited time items like the wraiths and vandals into the drop table. OD missions could be used for that since void is full as it is and give 12k mastery. 

This would solve any mastery and likeness disputes. Again however it will not solve the shiny shiny part of lato/skana/excal prime not being in the hands of non founders. They could stick to the no part because they have made it that way and have stuck to that for a while. (again ofc there will always be complaining about it) And is in short what could be the better solution to lessening the heat over this since everyone is getting something. Ofc that is just short of re releasing exclusives which would be DE breaking their own word which I wouldn't want them to do.

Edited by dragonkingdx

and is he is the poster boy of the game .

It's like I'm  psychic...

I really can't wait to see those forum fireworks!

All I can say is that DE has set themselves up at this point... I hope they have a nifty plan worked out.

The option is a lot of hurt feelings and a damaged reputation otherwise.

All I can say is that DE has set themselves up at this point... I hope they have a nifty plan worked out.

I find my self quoting sparrohawk.

you're happy to threaten them with repeated harassment on their own forums and make catastrophic predictions about losing customers

Honestly, I'd be pretty happy if we just got a Dragon Excal. The Prime part isn't what gets me, it's the fact that he's a better Excal. I posted on an earlier page about them just releasing a Dragon Skana and Lato and tying thier mastery to the Founders stuff to shut the mastery hogs up and not release the dual versions. I wonder what a Dragon Excal or a Dexcalibur would even look like?

So because you can't have these items, and because DE probably won't enact any of the solutions you so eloquently and carefully described, you're happy to threaten them with repeated harassment on their own forums and make catastrophic predictions about losing customers because said players don't have access to two items? Two items that aren't even that good?

Mountain is being made out of molehill here, methinks. Also childish tantrum-throwing is being taken to new levels.

Funny, that sounds awfully similar to what founders do in these kinds of threads.