Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thoughts On Releasing The Aklato Prime And Dual Skana Prime [Please Be Civil And Constructive]

Mesyra

I think that once the event gear came back into the game like the brakk or detron then they could count towards mastery but otherwise if it is only from an event it shouldn't count towards mastery.  

which is fair

Founders stuff is for Founders. These items or any variants thereof will never be released. Threads attempting to challenge this are locked immediately. In other words, the status quo. People who want Founders stuff have to get over it.

You answer my question and I'll answer yours.

Variants don't apply. That's DE's stance.

Honouring the letter of the contract means you get nothing more and nothing less than what you are legally entitled to.

Honouring the spirit of the contract means if the words could be twisted against you, DE wouldn't abuse any loopholes it gives them.

I believe the spirit of the contract is better than the letter, as it allows for leeway in the interest of customer satisfaction, which leads to repeat custom more often.

Perhaps I'm not explaining myself properly. That happens.

Honouring the letter of the contract means you get nothing more and nothing less than what you are legally entitled to.

Honouring the spirit of the contract means if the words could be twisted against you, DE wouldn't abuse any loopholes it gives them.

I believe the spirit of the contract is better than the letter, as it allows for leeway in the interest of customer satisfaction, which leads to repeat custom more often.

So honoring (I'm American, so no u lol) the letter would mean a very possible release of dual versions, and honoring the spirit of the contract would mean them not releasing the dual versions as that'd be abusing a loophole. Correct?

which is fair

I think if they redid mastery it would solve pretty much all of these issues.  While some want the weapons because they think the look cool (I personally think they are fugly) those players will still have a big NO presented to them.  So maybe removing mastery from all unobtainable weapons and event exclusives is the way to go.  This game is still in beta and as we have seen in the past, very few things are not fair game (mainly founders items only).  

I think if they redid mastery it would solve pretty much all of these issues.  While some want the weapons because they think the look cool (I personally think they are fugly) those players will still have a big NO presented to them.  So maybe removing mastery from all unobtainable weapons and event exclusives is the way to go.  This game is still in beta and as we have seen in the past, very few things are not fair game (mainly founders items only).  

pretty much... It would be nice because the only real argument that non-founders have had is the mastery points... and mastery as it stand now is pretty terrible....

right now it means nothing, in the future it may or may not be very important... then eventually it will be moot again....

they should rework the whole system so it doesn't take 10 years to max... and they should probably move weapons into tiers based on mastery rank while they rework the system...

The sooner this is completed the better it is for everyone...

Yeah, Antoine. The letter might mean the release of Dual Skana Prime as it wasn't in the purchase, the spirit would mean DE would definitely do something else instead.

I just don't see why it just HAS to be the Aklato Prime and Dual Skana Prime. It really is an issue of people not being able to accept that they can't have the exclusive weapons. If people would get over that, you wouldn't even have the request for dual variants. They could come out with a better weapon. Afuris Prime anyone?

Ah, thank you for explaining, I understand much better now (I hope!). :)

I guess I am on the opposite side. I believe in the word of the contract: here is what you get, nothing more, nothing less. If you missed out, tough luck Jack.

Now, you might think this should logically mean that I would have no problem with Dual Skana Prime and Aklato Prime. After all, the written contract said nothing about them and I should rightfully have no qualm with them. However, the problem comes from the fact that I would consider Dual Skana Prime to be merely 2 of what I bought. Yes, I have read what everyone has had to say to the contrary, but it has not been enough to change my mind.

An item that uses my exclusive weapon as a part - and no, I am not talking about the foundry, I am talking literally about what the idividual Tenno would be holding in it's hands - to me, that breaks exclusivity. The Skana Prime is exclusive and you can't get it, but if you get 2 Skana Primes that is somehow better? I disagree wholeheartedly.

It's really offtopic, but about mastery. I really don't want to use every weapon and every frame in the game to gain mastery rank. There are weapons and frames I really have no desire of using. We really wouldn't have an issue if there were other ways of gaining rank.

I may be reading the situation wrongly (and if so I do sincerely apologise), but it seems that if there is one thing we could all agree on, it is that the mastery system and possibly indeed the mastery of weapon(s), frame(s), sentinel(s)/pet(s) and their weapon(s) could use a reform. Taking them from merely an allowance on which weapons you can and cannot use and a personal milestone of in game achievement, to something more profound, while offering deeper and more enticing reward for chasing a higher rank.

Guess we'll forever be at an impasse here, I'll always be in favor of DE releasing any and everything they legally can since it's a waste of resources /not/ to and could spark people buying plat to trade for them so they don't have to grind voids, or it being part of a prime access and what not. But it's not so much that I'm on the side of "Release the aklato and dual skana primes now!" it's more that I see absolutely no reason for them to have them off the table completely. And NightBeats I guess I'm sorry that you refuse to accept that this game handles dual weapons as a different weapon giving you no legal right to refute the existence of dual/ak versions when all you paid for is the single only. *shrugs* So you really do want the spirit of it and not the letter.

I may be reading the situation wrongly (and if so I do sincerely apologise), but it seems that if there is one thing we could all agree on, it is that the mastery system and possibly indeed the mastery of weapon(s), frame(s), sentinel(s)/pet(s) and their weapon(s) could use a reform. Taking them from merely an allowance on which weapons you can and cannot use and a personal milestone of in game achievement, to something more profound, while offering deeper and more enticing reward for chasing a higher rank.

This was my thought as well and maybe we need to a get a post with a poll going on this subject as it seems to be the root of the problem. 

QUICK.....some grab that crewman [DE]Drew and have him start that poll!!  To the crewmanmobile moa!!

Edited by Zaresin

And NightBeats I guess I'm sorry that you refuse to accept that this game handles dual weapons as a different weapon giving you no legal right to refute the existence of dual/ak versions when all you paid for is the single only. *shrugs* So you really do want the spirit of it and not the letter.

I don't believe I ever mentioned "legal rights" at all. Nope. Pretty sure I only mentioned how I would feel about it. Not sure who's posts you're reading, buddy.

This was my thought as well and maybe we need to a get a post with a poll going on this subject as it seems to be the root of the problem. 

QUICK.....some grab that crewman [DE]Drew and have him start that poll!!  To the crewmanmobile moa!!

Are you volunteering to start one? ; )

If so, point the way and I'll get to lurking in it.

My vote would be "Nope, leave it as it is"... Because if they wouldn't give mastery points then there's no sense of having them at all, meaning they could have been skins in the first place, which is ultimatively not what Founders paid for or people went in for when they played the events for the event rewards. That's like if some people being jealous about Cicero/Tethra's Doom mods because they missed out on them would say "Yeah, change those mods to be merely cosmetic by adding some nice colored auras to the weapons, but they don't add status chance or elemental damage!"

That's why I'm championing the Dex Skana, Antoine. Shared Mastery, different model--hopefully similar enough to the Prime to satisfy one side, hopefully different enough to satisfy the other side.

I fear that wouldn't work out... because there would still be people being like "Okay we got Dex... What's with Dual Skana Prime/Aklato Prime?", because they merely wouldn't understand that the Dex variants are the compromise. Also some people still would argue that it's a way to get around the exclusivity problem and therefore feel betrayed. (To make it clear I wouldn't feel betrayed, because as a completionist I would like to see the Dual/Akimbo versions coming with a Prime Access or something, so I'm not against it).

[edit] Can't believe this debate is still going on ^^

Edited by MeduSalem

Are you volunteering to start one? ; )

If so, point the way and I'll get to lurking in it.

LOL let me type something up I need to get the wording right and make sure it isn't too long so the people with ADD don't spazz out half way through and I have it be long enough that I give it the attention it deserves.  

Lets look at the mastery point system.

Wikia:

As of Update 13.6, the current maximum rank is Mastery Level 16, Eagle with 662,724 total Mastery Points.

• Excluding 8 Event, 3 Founder, and 4 Retired equipment, the current maximum rank is Mastery Level 15, Gold Hunter with 614,724 total Mastery Points.

So even if you release these items to compensate for the Founder items you will still not reach mastery 16. Shoot even grand master will never reach rank 16 not if they have ever item listed above like the retired items or events. How many of us have the wrath gear? I don't even have one. And if you do get compensate you still wont reach max rank without Excal prime. Its not a big deal, I'm pretty sure DE knows this that is why you'll never see items that require max mastery rank to use, highest so far is 8.

There is a way to fix this is by allowing forma to give you mastery points. Say you reach lvl 30 on a weapon which gives 3k mastery points then you forma resetting the lvl back to 0 and maxing it back to 30, DE can do two things allow you to get 3k mastery or half of it so 1500 mastery points. Forma same weapon again and get the  3k or 1500 mastery points again and again. I've forma my lex prime like four time and its a bit sad that I'm not getting mastery points for that.

Doing this with forma will give everyone the chance to reach max rank just forma your favorite/new gear over and over.

Hey man, don't fault Aggh for sticking to his guns. That's admirable.

Besides, a lot of this topic is centered around our personal feelings about the matter. So no one is right or wrong in particular.

Edit: Hate to mention it, by the by, but there were people who said "Wait for it to never happen" about Derf Anyo too.

You're a community moderator, and you're getting involved in petty arguments about something that will most likely never happen like this? Hmm 

Edited by frostybe3r

You're a community moderator, and you're getting involved in petty arguments about something that will most likely never happen like this? Hmm 

Hes a person and has an opinion

One that certainly isnt as petty and biased as yours

Now kindly shut your face in a corpus helmet so noone has to hear this biased BS

Pretty much, as a CM he really shouldn't encourage the ramblings of somebody whom clearly had nothing to add to the thread beyond being childish and insulting.

Founder's gear.

New scrubs ain't got nothing on the bling.

Do i ven need to say anything?

Edited by Azawarau