Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Most Op Secondary?

sedy25

Question

For me its the Angstrum, due to:

its 13780.20 damage per rocket(which can be timed by 9 or so with the charge) that's 124021.8 damage in a single charge.

*Edit, forget that I said OverPowered. That word is silly, considering you're shooting alien/metal things most of the time and not eachother. 

Edited by frostybe3r

Its not about raw damage, its about handling. Sure, if standing on an elevated position shooting your Angstrum into your Vortex, thats OP... but thats only true for (mobile) defense missions. Anywhere else Brakk or Marelok, depending on you, because both wont get you killed, both dont have travel time, both have decent reload, almost no recoil and good firerate.

Edited by Detheroc

Its not about raw damage, its about handling. Sure, if standing on an elevated position shooting your Angstrum into your Vortex, thats OP... but thats only true for (mobile) defense missions. Anywhere else Brakk or Marelok, depending on you, because both wont get you killed, both dont have travel time, both have decent reload, almost no recoil and good firerate.

It's a rocket launcher, of course it is.

*Also, I was using it in survival today and it was absolutely fine.

Edited by frostybe3r

My own, the one I'm using now.

I mean in like the mods you're using. I've mine at 13, I think, and didn't find it much interesting as putting multishots was making me fail to land the shots and I just went full gunslinger and reload mods.

I mean in like the mods you're using. I've mine at 13, I think, and didn't find it much interesting as putting multishots was making me fail to land the shots and I just went full gunslinger and reload mods.

lethal torrent, barrel diffusion, jolt, pathogen rounds, convulsion, hornet strike, magnum force, pistol pestilence. 

I replace the magnum force with stunning speed whenever i'm doing anything that requires a little bit of thinking. 

Brakk can deal over 50k damage per mag and empty it in under a second... with punch through and a nearly-guaranteed proc chance. Despite what so many people seem to think, it's ludicrously powerful. Until Tower 3, it can still kill across entire rooms even with the falloff, then in T3, it manages pretty perfectly until 30ish minutes, then it still wrecks faces where it's supposed to better than any other shotgun does at 1 minute. It also has a ONE SECOND reload time, meaning that you don't have much downtime even if you're trigger-happy.

Detron can dump around 35k damage out per mag in around 1.2-1.3 seconds without punch-through. It has the benefit of being free of falloff and being able to deal three different combined-element damage types, making it a bit more of a support secondary. It's inferior almost strictly to Brakk, but it's worth mentioning because it's still very good at what it does.

On the precision side of things, Marelok is a very reliable sidearm for its power. I know some people struggle with the recoil, but it's really pretty insignificant once you use it for a while. It deals around 8k per shot and bursts out to 24k per second in a pinch, it's impressively accurate, and it's got a great fire rate. I don't think the build I have for it's optimal, so that may be lower than expected results, but it's quite the pocket cannon and it works well for both precision fire and CQB spray-kills.

For automatics, the Wraith Vipers deal a staggering 40k burst with fairly good accuracy and a respectable proc rate. Automatics are typically a bit less optimal than semis for pistols due to the low ammo capacity, but the Wraiths can knock single targets over pretty soundly. If you've got to have an automatic, and you were here for the event, then WTV are the way to go. If you missed the event, then the Dual Cestra a good choice, but they're more about ammo efficiency and a slow, sustained burn than the Vipers' fart of doom.

Overall, though, Angstrum's probably the most powerful. The whole self-damage thing isn't actually a drawback if you have any idea how to use it. It can easily deal 45k+ damage in an instant to a crowd. It can instakill enemies all the way up to Pluto (~wave 15 defense). It's got absolutely ludicrous clearing power when needed, but you can conserve ammo when necessary, it's got the highest DPS(econd), DPS(hot), and AoE of any secondary, and its drawbacks are massively mitigated by the fact that literally nothing in the game can clear rooms faster.

Okay, now we have that out of the way. Let's just talk about how awesome the fact that you can change the colour of your rockets it O.o!

Brakk. I haven't tried Marelok to know, though.

Despair is also pretty good, but I don't care much for the projectile flight speed thing it's got going on, lol.

I just killed Salad-V in one charge of Angstrum in Nightmare mode :p

Angstrum does great Damage to wipe a room (usually even being more effective than Ogris or Penta - due to the fact that the center of the Explosions is all over the place, meaning less falloff per Enemy, so usually, it'll clear a room better) - but it's only better at that. for killing a single Enemy or just a small group, many other Secondaries outclass it. 

but Secondaries contains 99% of all the most powerful items in the game, so i'm not really surprised.