Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Free Nekros, Give Desecrate To Our Sentinel

J-Reyno

I think it would be great if we could remove the loot aspect from Desecrate, instead granting an alternate/additional function to the power and focus on strengthening Nekros' other powers as well.

To make up for this, let's give the loot function to our sentinels.  Let's call it the Loot Scavenger mod.  It would be an ability mod that allows the sentinel to scan dead enemies in the area with a 75% chance to roll enemies' drop table again.  Since it's an action rather than a passive the sentinel cannot shoot or use its special ability while scavenging, so it should be placed appropriately in the mod order depending on priority preference.  Bodies that have dropped additional loot will disappear as they do with Desecrate to prevent multiple scans.

I suggest it being a general mod for all sentinels, though it could also be the unique mod/ability for a new sentinel.  This would give the dominant Carrier a run for its money in player usage.  

With this we can all have fun using whichever frame we want while looting.  Everyone wins.

I disagree with some points. I believe desecrate is good where it is. You give the sentinels desecrate now everyone can do it and they will. You blow through the drop tables and now they are null and void. Rare becomes uncommon and so forth. Survival missions become a joke. The idea ofa new sentinel is interesting but what do you pick? The sentinel that might makes more loot or the sentinel that picks up all the loot regardless of what it is? 

Nekros has nothing really going for him besides desecrate, giving it to a sentinel would make nekros worthless.

No. It would put him right in line for a valuable buff that would put him in a better place. They could start by replacing Desecrate on Nekros with a valuable utility skill that isn't covered by other frames. 

Nekros has nothing really going for him besides desecrate, giving it to a sentinel would make nekros worthless.

Terrify is great I just think anyone surviving being hit by or witnessing soul punch should also be terrified. All his powers are good if you use them ALL.

I 100% want this removed as a warframe ability, it should never ever be the optimal way to play a game to sit still and mash one button repeatedly, using any other skill lowers your looting capability. It is incredibly not fun to play this class in a such a way to maximize looting, it should be relocated to a new sentinel rather than forcing a player to not play at all to be effective.

plus nekros neeeeeeds that he is too squishy otherwise. He needs those orbs.

There are two scenarios in Warframe:

Content is low to mid level (anything on the star chart, all regular void content, etc.). In this case, everything is effective and balance is quite irrelevant because of this. A decent Nekros won't need those orbs at all.

Content is inflated via endless defense or survival. Those health orbs are "needed," but useless, because if you make a wrong move, you die - especially on a frame as squishy as Nekros. Period. Anything can and will mow you down far too quickly for those orbs to make any difference whatsoever.

Far better to give him something that can actually buff his survivability in difficult content. Like more crowd control, a shield, or the ability to go ethereal, causing bullets to pass through him. Something. Anything.

you want to remove his only good skill but have no idea for its new ability?

also the sentinel can only desecrate one body at q time, where nekros can do entire rooms at once. So desecrate itself will also become useless. if you kill 30 enemies at once and only 1 of them Iis desecrated...

There are two scenarios in Warframe:

Content is low to mid level (anything on the star chart, all regular void content, etc.). In this case, everything is effective and balance is quite irrelevant because of this. A decent Nekros won't need those orbs at all.

Content is inflated via endless defense or survival. Those health orbs are "needed," but useless, because if you make a wrong move, you die - especially on a frame as squishy as Nekros. Period. Anything can and will mow you down far too quickly for those orbs to make any difference whatsoever.

Far better to give him something that can actually buff his survivability in difficult content. Like more crowd control, a shield, or the ability to go ethereal, causing bullets to pass through him. Something. Anything.

Terrify (scare the urine out of everyone no matter how tough) + Desecrate (Energy orbs for your second scenario) 

edit:honorable mention on the ethereal mode....

Edited by Nkomo-Sama

Oh man they could finally give him actual abilities that let him play the game how terrible.

This...

I actually made a macro that presses my corresponding ability key to activate Desecrate on a regular basis. I did this at a time where I was regularly playing Nekros as a life-support generator in Tower Survivals. I could literally just find a safe spot, activate my macro and then do something else for probably about a minute without anyone really noticing I'm gone until I run out of energy... Is this supposed to be fun?

Desecrate serves a very important role to the playerbase in Warframe, but it nearly costs you a teammate, considering he's a squishy frame that'll be constantly casting a non-damaging, non-crowd-controlling utility ability, not to mention it's mind numbingly monotonous.

Edited by AXCrusnik

that just ruins nekros famous support roll and alot of people like nekros for that and the other abilities

To date, I have seen nothing but endless whining when a Nekros uses anything but Desecrate.

"Soul Punch is f'in weak SCRUB." (to be fair, it is)

"OMG, STOP MAKING MOBS RUN AWAY"

"ur shadows are blocking my shots dude"

I like his other abilities thematically, but it's pretty clear that one should stick to just spamming desecrate if one wants to get the most out of Nekros.

I disagree with some points. I believe desecrate is good where it is. You give the sentinels desecrate now everyone can do it and they will. You blow through the drop tables and now they are null and void. Rare becomes uncommon and so forth. Survival missions become a joke. The idea ofa new sentinel is interesting but what do you pick? The sentinel that might makes more loot or the sentinel that picks up all the loot regardless of what it is? 

It would function like Desecrate, so it does no more than Desecrate.  Multiple people with the looter cannot loot the same body more than once, it only allows the team to cover a larger area.  

plus nekros neeeeeeds that he is too squishy otherwise. He needs those orbs.

I've said nothing about removing the health orbs.  

and by free nekros you really mean make him obsolete 

One more time for the back row: 

"I think it would be great if we could remove the loot aspect from Desecrate, instead granting an alternate/additional function to the power and focus on strengthening Nekros' other powers as well."

Bold part is relevant.  I do understand that Nekros' usefulness is damn-near reliant on Desecrate.  But I don't agree that's the way it should be.  

you want to remove his only good skill but have no idea for its new ability?
also the sentinel can only desecrate one body at q time, where nekros can do entire rooms at once. So desecrate itself will also become useless. if you kill 30 enemies at once and only 1 of them Iis desecrated...

There are many ideas around the forum, and yes I do have a thread of my own that addresses it. I like to keep my topics focused and this is not intended to be a full-out Nekros rework thread,  Also I didn't specify that it would only loot one enemy at a time.  It would loot bodies in an area, ideally.

This...

I actually made a macro that presses my corresponding ability key to activate Desecrate on a regular basis. I did this at a time where I was regularly playing Nekros as a life-support generator in Tower Survivals. I could literally just find a safe spot, activate my macro and then do something else for probably about a minute without anyone really noticing I'm gone until I run out of energy... Is this supposed to be fun?

Desecrate serves a very important role to the playerbase in Warframe, but it nearly costs you a teammate, considering he's a squishy frame that'll be constantly casting a non-damaging, non-crowd-controlling utility ability, not to mention it's mind numbingly monotonous.

Thank you, I'm glad someone else realized that this character is super boring as is and may as well be a macro or bot.

Thank you, I'm glad someone else realized that this character is super boring as is and may as well be a macro or bot.

Being a loot/life support generator is boring... I actually quite like Soul Punch and SotD, but sadly Soul Punch and SotD are not the abilities people look for when they ask specifically for a Nekros.

I think Terrify could use a movement speed debuff or maybe give them a decent chance to trip while running away.

And if Nekros really has to keep Desecrate because reasons then change it so that it doesn't make him useless because he's constantly casting. Change it to a toggle-able aura with a like 90-95% chance to double drop loot + an HP orb when an enemy dies within radius at the cost of x energy per 5 seconds active

Edited by AXCrusnik

"You give the sentinels desecrate now everyone can do it and they will."

Or ... wait for it ... this starts off a wave of warframe-specific sentinel powers.

Iron Skin carrier plz. Need mah drops, even when there're Napalms and Bombards about.

• 3 months later...