The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Would You Care About Pvp If It Was Balanced?

Alphafox

No i wouldnt care. 

A perfectly balanced PvP will bring new problems: latency, host-client issues, etc... 

Pve how it is right now, is fine, i can play with ppl from america and all over the world (i am from germany). but playing pvp with a guy who has 0 ping (extremely unfair) or 200+ (which is a huge dissadvantage) 

A real PvP does not really make sense in this genre. Yeah, it's a third-person-shooter and yes, in theory, you can shoot at other players, but the game mechanics do not really support that, neither does the intention behind WF. I mean... does anyone really care about PvP in borderlands? Or real PvP in L4D (survivors vs. survivors)?

A PvP like the one in L4D would make sense (especially after DE stated in the last devstream, they really like the idea of mini-bosses), but tenno vs tenno would be a totally different game imho.

Most active thread right now is a non-productive argument over the use of the models of prime weapons, another soon to be top thread is about what team-mates are the most annoying, I semi-regularly get stuck in games with afk experience exploiters and wannabe solo players that run off and start cursing at the team when they are downed 100 meters from the pod.

And you want to point your finger at pvpers claiming they're the poor community. Maybe people in general are just unpleasant and you only ever realized it in competitive environments because more often than not you can actually choose your allies.

Or alternatively: The vast majority of people are unpleasant but most can be coerced into cooperation with suitable positive reinforcement. PvP is active _negative_ reinforcement and universally makes the situation worse.

It's not about the "PvP community" being worse that the "PvE community", it's simply that you get worse behavior out of people when PvP exists in a game, which becomes even worse the more important and expansive PvP becomes.

I have yet to see a game community that has become _better_ with the addition or expansion of PvP.

IMHO it is a universal negative.

The only possible positive is that it is quick-and-easy player created content for people who crave interpersonal conflict.

Edited by SilentMobius

nope i wouldnt wanna play warframe pvp ive never been in a conclave match and only done very few dojo fights.

And i really hope they arent just gonna drop pvp into dark sectors coz that would be like forcing people to do pvp.

If they have totally seperate nodes for pvp that doesnt affect any other parts of the game then i wouldnt mind it for the people who wanna play it

Edited by -CM-SASMcBride

I'd play it only if the PvP was balanced seperately to PvE, so weapons/frames had their stats change depending on which mode you're in. I don't want it to effect PvE and I want the PvP to be completely optional, with whatever rewards you can gain also available through PvE.

The new game mode/pvp seems fun, but we need to nerf the living hell out of mods like serration/hornet strike/redirection and such if we really are supposed to play it.

I mean like a Rhino with iron skin + 660% more shield with a soma/penta isnt really my definition of a fun opponent..

Mag with 1290 shields, 600+health and a crit-build braton prime is an even more fun opponent ;)

The way it is now, where it's mostly 1v1 or 2v2, I would care just as much as before if they somehow balanced it. If they introduce new, dynamic PvP (like the big rail PvP conflict idea), that's something interesting, that's something I'd play. Not the current style.