Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Bo Wish

ReiganCross

Well you always have the standard Bo if you just want a staff.

Problem is that the Bo Prime is a straight upgrade in every way.

DE should allow Prime weapons to take on the appearance of their non-Primed counterparts. Hell, even if they released the non-prime appearances for the Primes as separate skins, I'd be happy.

Y'know, i just wanted them to ditch the shields on top of the Bo and leave the whole Prime decoration bits intact...

But hey, i'm totally in favor of being able to wear the original Bo as a Skin as i use the status and name of the Bo Prime...

Edited by ReiganCross

DE should allow Prime weapons to take on the appearance of their non-Primed counterparts. Hell, even if they released the non-prime appearances for the Primes as separate skins, I'd be happy.

No, they should not. Primes are Primes because they look like Primes. They are golden and ornamental for purpose.

You know you can skin your Reaper Prime like a Sugar Cane if you want to, right?

Yes, I do. Because it is a skin for all of the scythes, given to us on christmas. That doesn't mean anything. Or are you asking for a chopsticks Bo Prime skin?

I am talking about the skins in the context of lore. Spearmint Skin was supposed to be lore-breaking, but that does not mean, that we can break lore left and right. And giving Prime items alternative skins would be lore-breaking in the same way, as giving Corpus weapon Infested skins.

Yes, I do. Because it is a skin for all of the scythes, given to us on christmas. That doesn't mean anything. Or are you asking for a chopsticks Bo Prime skin?

I am talking about the skins in the context of lore. Spearmint Skin was supposed to be lore-breaking, but that does not mean, that we can break lore left and right. And giving Prime items alternative skins would be lore-breaking in the same way, as giving Corpus weapon Infested skins.

I would SO MUCH brandish a giant chopstick! Maybe for the Chinese New Year! And hey, if a skin comes for staff, it will come for all staff, including Bo Prime. So if they want to give us traditional Space-Wood Bo Staff with the whole bandages thing going for it, then guess what, Bo Prime would also get it.

This x1000.

I actually like the regular weapons a lot more than the Primes, with a few exceptions. And by "a few exceptions", I mean the only good looking prime weapon is the Dakra Prime. 

Unfortunately if I want to use the prime weapons I have to put up with the super massive bling, which doesn't always look great with the colours I use.

They are golden and ornamental for purpose.

The problem is that they're gigantic upgrades as well.

If they were just sparkly reskins like what pre-Rhino Primes are, then this whole thing wouldn't be an issue... but the problem is that the stats are encouraging the player to use the Prime over the non-Prime counterparts. If you avoid the gold in order to look good, you are gimping yourself statwise.

I don't see what's the problem with allowing Prime weapons to appear as non-Primes. Ingame lore kind of became completely irrelevant when it comes to cosmetics ever since DE released that permanent candy cane scythe.

Edited by SortaRandom

If anything some more "discrete" prime skins would be great. Maybe chopping down on the extra flair a little bit like the huge golden bicycle handlebars on the Latron and the golden ribcage on the Boltor, etc..