The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Do People Have Against Red + Black Colour Set-Ups?

Coming from Champions Online where there seemed to be a bit of Anti Black n Red Sentiment

the reasons behind hating it where because its of course overused

many found it unoriginal or a weak attempt at trying to look menacing or elite

they also didn't like the black crossed with bright red as it wasn't really friendly to the eyes

that said

the only thing the does matter is what colour you want it to be

i wouldn't give two damns about what someone else thinks of my colour combination

someone some where will have a gladiator battle to pick with you regarding ever possible colour in the spectrum

pick what you want and ignore the fits

i have it reserved on my Ash frame

Edited by Aeacus

Another little note I'd like to make.

Just be glad that everyone doesn't roll as the hyper-saturated blue from the bottom leftmost corner of the Infested pallet, for all of their colors on every frame/weapon/sentinel.  With the bright white from bottom rightmost corner Classic Saturated as their energy color.  While Smoke black and red is overdone, cliché, and boring, it is at least moderately easy on the eyes.

Lol at all these people thinking they are cool for not using red or black. Or thinking someone using a certain color labels them as anything, you can easily say that about any scheme and it'd almost always probably be wrong as to the reason said person picked it. I usually just lurk around here but this is just so pathetic I just felt a need to add on to the patheticness going on in here. So you don't use or like a certain color someone else picked? Well aren't you quite the badass/hipster, surely theirs is terrible and yours is amazing because we all have the same tastes. Point is, judging someone by their color is...well this sounds familiar actually, moving along....smh.

Why are some people acting like others judging the coloration/aesthetic decisions of others is a wrong or odd thing?  Being cliché doesn't equate to being bad, sure some are too judgmental but at the end of the day coloration is an extension of the artistic decisions of each individual which, in this game, is bound up within platinum purchases.

When people buy a motorcycle in real life, they choose colors which they like in addition to making sure the bike itself is to their liking.  However, everyone also acknowledges that others do pay attention to what their bike looks like.  I can't even count the number of times I've heard folks say "As long as it isn't black" but at the same time that saying is even with the times I've heard "As long as it's black".  You paint your belongings both because you like them, but also because you know others will see it, and it will to an extent make a sort of statement to them of your style.

There are people who like the tried and true standard.  Others try for outlandish and obscure.  Some do blending/shifting color patterns that compliment one another.  Others still will pick high contrast colors.  At the end of the day you're free to pick what you enjoy, just as much as people are completely free to judge your choices.  Every choice is right, but every complaint is fine as well since art is in the eye of the beholder.

I've been using white and black coloration for nearly every frame that I own.

However, no one.
And I mean NO ONE can have any logical/reasonable reason as to why they should hate YOU for the coloration you like.

I'm not very creative with colors, in fact if I use any other color on my frame I feel like it's too much. It's all personal preferences and if people don't like you for the color you choose, then frankly you shouldn't care about them at all.

I agree.  It's my favorite color scheme...  Very dark red and some dullish yellow sometimes with a bit of...  (gasps...) black?

Warframe0007-1.jpg

Warframe0005.jpg

Red and black haters I pride myself in making your eyes bleed!!!  You're welcome.  XD

I like the colors, but using all the same colors for everything removes any semblance of shape, so it just looks like a big tangled mess.

I agree.  It's my favorite color scheme...  Very dark red and some dullish yellow sometimes with a bit of...  (gasps...) black?

Warframe0007-1.jpg

Warframe0005.jpg

Red and black haters I pride myself in making your eyes bleed!!!  You're welcome.  XD

Hey this looks really neat! Awesome job!