Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Do People Have Against Red + Black Colour Set-Ups?

you forgot about wraith style..

Look under Stalker wannabees. Same thing here.

People can use what they want and i am not bothered with that. What bothers me is "Look at how great my Ash is" and when i look at them, i see black+red in 90 % situations. Never did say to people that they colors are bad or i would, but when someone is bragging about their color setup being great ( and its just black and red ), they must be told that 1 000 000 of Warframe players are using that same color setup.

Hell, even i sported White+Black+Red on my frames for some time. In that order.

My primary color setup is usually:

Smoke - Far left, the grey just above the mid-line.

Smoke - Far left, fifth black from the bottom.

Fire - One of the reds on the third row from the bottom (I think third row.)  I try for a deeper, cooler red, not a bright one.  Changes based on frame tint.

Fire - Same.

Glow - Fire - Third row from top, far left yellow.

Screams red and black at a glance.  I really wanted to go for the look and feel of ash and fire.  Something that said "dragon."

Second set is primarily olive, bright tan, grineer black, and orange glow for when I'm fighting alongside Grineer.  Spartan Grineer Tenno.

Third is the brightest gray from the storm(?) palette, then smoke's fifth from bottom far left black again, and storm's orange accents with a blue-teal glow for black ops Corpus.

Had white and a warm, candy brown with light blue lights some time ago.  Liked that, but  got old eventually.  I keep changing my colors every few months.  I like The Brood color set on Firefall, so I'll be using that next probably.

I have at least one of my palettes as my clan colors, Red, Black, White. BUT it's usually more white or more black. It's based around what looks cooler on the frame, and unless it's the cooler looking one out of the 3 palettes, I'm using different colors.

Smoke Black on frames doesn't look "cool" to me.

I get the impression that most who use Black either ran out of ideas or are just too lazy to explore other colors.

Using Relying on Black as a complement or the dominant in the game's garish environment is ugly.

Red is hot though, I like.

Dunno. I have red and black, but even then there is white on the mix.

But i mostly use my color tabs labeled "Royal Blue" and "Orokin Parade"

Royal blue is blue with main theme and nobel animations.

Orokin Parade, prime colors.

But what people have against black and red?

The black shining? It seriously makes me want to hide.

And it gets Dull as hell.

Edited by Data-Zero

I now have to say, that i never pay attention to other Warframes, 

IDK about you guys but at my level combat is pretty hectic and you don't have time to stop up, look at your teammate and be like. ''Wow that looks ugly''

My gun is pointed towards the enemy so why don't we discuss those instead lol?

Edited by Rallehop

I generally just take whatever the standard colour is and add some white and purples to it:

58ccd0913c.jpg

Though I've recently found out if you hit random colours enough, you can get some pretty nice white and black combinations and just use that as a starting point for some more edits:

89da8b473d.jpg

(the nikana colour is also completely random).

With ash I actually used some all blacks because it just looks good in these scheme imo

2c874d7dff.jpg

But for ember prime I just went all-black because it looks sweet as F***

87062ef340.jpg

dc17566dd6.jpg

• 1 month later...

I color my frames whatever damn way I like.  I use all three slots, because I can, and I bore easily.  And then later, when I'm bored again, I try something else.

Life's too short to pay attention to others for things like game character coloration.  With unimportant things, please yourself, not others.

True dat.

Everyone either hates Black/Red(/White) but its a goddam VIDEO GAME! Judge people by their skill, not their color taste. 

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Edited by DemPanduhz