Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Life Strike Help Please

(PSN)GENESIS_777

Question

I am doing a berserker build with valkyr, rage and life strike. But the percentages seem way off. I maxed my life strike but it kills my channeling efficiency. So i tried an unranked life strike but it does not give me anything close to 5% life steal. I deal 3000 damage and get 5 health. Or 12000 with the dual ichors and get 15. Does this build not work on ps4?

17 answers to this question

I can't speak for the PS4 version, but I do have a feeling that Life Strike is bugged or something.

I say that because, when I have it equipped, I also have 2 mods that together give 100% channeling efficiency. This should, theoretically, give me -40% efficiency, but it doesn't seem to work that way. Attacks still use more energy than what a 40% increase in power cost would be.

Edited by Braken

I don't know about ps4 but for pc hysteria already has life steal that works so you shouldn't need life strike and with armor, health, and rage mods you can keep yourself alive for a long time. (I've soloed Pluto missions, no need to waste a mod slot on life strike.)

Are you fighting low level enemies? If you are, you may be getting less life when you steal since you may be stealing all of the enemy's hp already. You may be seeing 5-6hp life steal if the enemy has roughly 100hp (assuming you are using an Unranked Life Strike) since you only need to deal that much damage to life steal. You cannot over steal an enemy's life if it's lower than the damage that you can deal.

I've seen this alot when I try to life steal lv.20 dudes in the Void. I can deal 12k dmg with my Ash and Dakra Prime + Crimson Dervish, but I would only get 10-30hp back when i do. When I'm fighting against lv.50+ though, I would get all of my hp back in one swing, like when I fought against the new Corrupt Vor (yes, you can melee him). I was roughly at 500hp before. When I hit him once with my Dakra Prime, I got back to my max 1100hp.

Edited by Yazeth

I can't speak for the PS4 version, but I do have a feeling that Life Strike is bugged or something.

I say that because, when I have it equipped, I also have 2 mods that together give 100% channeling efficiency. This should, theoretically, give me -40% efficiency, but it doesn't seem to work that way. Attacks still use more energy than what a 40% increase in power cost would be.

from the wiki

While Reflex Coil and Focus Energy combined will total 100% channeling efficiency, Melee Channel has a minimum energy cost of 1 Energy per strike, translating to an 80% Power Efficiency cap.

from the wiki

Um... Yeah, that means the minimum energy cost of channeling is 1 per strike. That doesn't mean that only 80% of the channeling efficiency gets counted.

So that still doesn't explain how MASSIVELY increased the channeling cost is with a maxed life strike, AND 100% efficiency from mods. Again, that should equal out to -40%. But it uses way more than that.

Um... Yeah, that means the minimum energy cost of channeling is 1 per strike. That doesn't mean that only 80% of the channeling efficiency gets counted.

So that still doesn't explain how MASSIVELY increased the channeling cost is with a maxed life strike, AND 100% efficiency from mods. Again, that should equal out to -40%. But it uses way more than that.

well if the eff cap is 80% in more than just terms of 1 energy, would a theoretical 80% instead of 100% minus the life strike % equal what your seeing?

Really? I use a build with Maxxed Life Strike and only Focus Energy, and channeling costs me the expected 10 energy per swing.

Cost = 100% (base) + 140%(LS) - 40%(FE) = 200% of the base 5 energy = 10 energy per swing.

What build in particular is giving you the issue? Max LS without any efficiency mods should cost 12 energy per swing. With FE and RC, it should cost 140% of 5, which is 7 energy.

If you're costing much more than that, there possibly is a bug with the PS4 version, but its definately working right for me on PC. 

I would take some SS's of the build and the cost and submit a ticket - do your part as (technically) a beta tester :P

Really? I use a build with Maxxed Life Strike and only Focus Energy, and channeling costs me the expected 10 energy per swing.

Cost = 100% (base) + 140%(LS) - 40%(FE) = 200% of the base 5 energy = 10 energy per swing.

What build in particular is giving you the issue? Max LS without any efficiency mods should cost 12 energy per swing. With FE and RC, it should cost 140% of 5, which is 7 energy.

If you're costing much more than that, there possibly is a bug with the PS4 version, but its definately working right for me on PC. 

I would take some SS's of the build and the cost and submit a ticket - do your part as (technically) a beta tester :P

I'm on PC, not PS4. But I've got a maxed focus energy, a maxed reflex coil, and a maxed life strike on my melee weapons. However, it definitely doesn't cost only 7 energy for me, more like 20+... One channeled melee hit with pretty much any of my melee weapons with those 3 equipped take around 20 energy per hit.

I'm on PC, not PS4. But I've got a maxed focus energy, a maxed reflex coil, and a maxed life strike on my melee weapons. However, it definitely doesn't cost only 7 energy for me, more like 20+... One channeled melee hit with pretty much any of my melee weapons with those 3 equipped take around 20 energy per hit.

The energy cost is per enemy hit, rather than per swing. So I could see it costing 21 energy if you happen to swing and hit 3 guys.

If you're hitting a single target and its costing that much, you should submit a support ticket - its definately a bug. Even if RC and FE were both somehow not working it should still only cost 12 energy.

Way to derail a thread people.. The issue here is wether life strike gives the right percentage hp or not..

On topic:
I got the same issue as you. My dragon Nikana easily does 5k a swing, but does not give 1000hp..

Way to derail a thread people.. The issue here is wether life strike gives the right percentage hp or not..

On topic:

I got the same issue as you. My dragon Nikana easily does 5k a swing, but does not give 1000hp..

Like I asked before, are you guys fighting low level enemies? That may be the issue with the reduced life steal. You if you one-hit kill a weak dude, you will only gain the percentage of it's life (depending on the rank of Life Strike).

Okay.

I'm at 392 health. I hit for 2058. Now I'm at 804 health. I gained 412 health. 20% of 2058 = 411.6

So like I said, its working for me.

Pics:

Before:2014-06-19_00003.jpg

After:2014-06-19_00004.jpg

Like I asked before, are you guys fighting low level enemies? That may be the issue with the reduced life steal. You if you one-hit kill a weak dude, you will only gain the percentage of it's life (depending on the rank of Life Strike).

Nah, thats a level 1 dude, he def doesnt have over 2k health. It returns health based on that damage popup, not the damage actually done to an enemy.

Edited by Darzk