Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Opinions On The Gram

Xxaveragecat300xX

Question

10 answers to this question

Not really. I feel that Rending Crane is way too slow and ineffective.

- The good part of all combos comes only after the third hit, which means more often than not you'll be hitting the air.

- Almost all attacks from Rending Crane are vertical strikes, which is very easy to miss an enemy with (that also includes most of the combos' final hit)

- The vertical attacks aren't aligned to your crosshair, making things even more annoying to hit at times

- Gram doesn't really have a good reach. In fact, I won't be surprised if its reach is smaller than Nikana + Tranquil Cleave

- Gram isn't particularly strong, and Rending Crane doesn't seem to give any kind of damage multipliers

Edited by Casardis

Problem for heavy melees is that DE removed charge attack. And that killed most of them.

I still don't understand why they removed charge attacks, I know that you need to hold your melee button in some combos but thrown weapons still have "charge" attacks in a way.

Heavy Melee's at large are inferior to smaller lighter ones currently.

Heavies can still kill things, but will do so slower, unfortunately.

as for Gram itself, i like the design of it's new Mesh, but the handle is way too long, and the blade way too short. it looks weird.

Heavy weapons haven't faired well in melee 2.0.

I quit using mine almost entirely. Gram was a very good looking weapon, but generally took a back seat to Galatine.

Sadly, the stances and general performance of these weapons is just sub-par compared to 1handers at present. Hopefully, that will change in the future, but for now, I'd recommend not bothering, aside from earning mastery.

The main reason I have it is that it has 'fairly high damage' and 'fairly fast swing speed' whilst retaining a knockdown capability. I love weapons like Ethers, Fangs, Ichors, Zorens etc but they have no knockdown. I incorporate a lot of knock downs in my fighting style because I use it for crowd control. I also like speed. The Gram bridges all of these areas nicely. It also has a long reach.