Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

People Freaking Out Over A Stupid Late Update

zavienh5

To quote Macbeth, "By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes."

I doubt that the update would be delayed in this fashion if the only thing we were getting was a new weapon. DE's far more competent than that.

Edited by Corvid

To quote Macbeth, "By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes."

I doubt that the update would be delayed in this fashion if the only thing we were getting was a new weapon. DE's far more competent than that.

They did call the update 13.8 and it was heavily implied the follow up to the shipment alerts is coming.

If anything, the "Hype Megathreads" should be renamed to "Overhype Megathreads".

People hype updates and such so damn much that whatever comes out is always underwhelming in their eyes due to having been hyped by absurdly high expectactions.

Likewise, an update coming a day later than usual seems like the end of the world for them too. Some would expect that people would have gotten used to it by now but it constantly seems to be caught in the same senseless cycle.

If anything, the "Hype Megathreads" should be renamed to "Overhype Megathreads".

People hype updates and such so damn much that whatever comes out is always underwhelming in their eyes due to having been hyped by absurdly high expectactions.

Likewise, an update coming a day later than usual seems like the end of the world for them too. Some would expect that people would have gotten used to it by now but it constantly seems to be caught in the same senseless cycle.

Sorry to interrupt your supercilious ramblings, but all of those people that you think you're better than don't exist.

Sorry to interrupt your supercilious ramblings, but all of those people that you think you're better than don't exist.

Also sorry that you think I have that kind of opinion about myself; you just have to check the forums pre and post update to see people getting hyped to hell then pretty much putting up "I quit" threads afterwards since the update wasn't up to their standards.

Edited by Wiegraf

Also sorry that you think I have that kind of opinion about myself; you just have to check the forums pre and post update to see people getting hyped to hell then pretty much putting up "I quit" threads afterwards since the update wasn't up to their standards.

Well when you say things like:

Likewise, an update coming a day later than usual seems like the end of the world for them too. 

It's kind of hard not to view you as a pompous jerk, there are no doomsday posts, and most people in the deployment status thread are actually grateful. Making falsified blanket statements that demean the majority of active posters in the forums in a holier-than-thou manner is a definite sign that you think you think you're better than them.

to the people wondering where the people who are freaking out are, there is numerous hype threads that have been locked yesterday

Those threads were locked long before the update was even scheduled to drop, and they were locked because we don't need 15 posts that all serve the same purpose.

As for the "I quit" threads, yeah, they happen, they're always going to happen because overly dramatic attention seekers are going to exist no matter where you go. Heck, entire clans claimed they were going to quit the game because of forum drama.

Edited by RancidTurnip1603

oh yass yes yes yass they r, they're like, y da hell hasnt the update come out yet all over the forums

Oh yeah, it's all over GD, man.  There's tons of threads crying out about it.  Just look- oh wait.

Edited by Katakuna

It's just my hope that the mini events (referring to the weekend alerts) will link to one another and eventually to the big patch. It sucks to have enjoyed a small taste and then left with complete nothingness, just this huge longing for the update.

ell when you say things like:

Likewise, an update coming a day later than usual seems like the end of the world for them too.

It's kind of hard not to view you as a pompous jerk, there are no doomsday posts, and most people in the deployment status thread are actually grateful. Making falsified blanket statements that demean the majority of active posters in the forums in a holier-than-thou manner is a definite sign that you think you think you're better than them.

It's a figure of speech, much like telling someone not to pull their hair out when they're frustrated; they'll never actually pull their hair out (at least, I seriously hope so) but it's a mean to give speech and writing meaning. I also never said the majority of the people were like that, only that the people who overreacted "seemed like the end of the world for them too". You're trying to make it sound like I'm including the whole community in a statement in the form of a figure of speech aimed at a vocal minority who voiced their discontent at having to wait an extra day for a patch normally coming out on wednesdays which, you yourself, admit have been posted but locked afterwards :

Those threads were locked long before the update was even scheduled to drop, and they were locked because we don't need 15 posts that all serve the same purpose.

They have been locked away both before (people waiting for the patch to drop late wednesday) and after (when they complained about the wait once it was announced as delayed).

Besides, the point was to point out how people tend to get massively discontent after getting massively overhyped about the update and it turning out to be good (or bad) but in the end never as great they had envisionned, leading to discontent threads for things that they unreasonably expected (but a reasonable actually having worth in mentionning things that should have been there but weren't which end up flooded down the forums by the prior overreaction threads).

There's nothing wrong with some hype... but people tend to get way overhyped over a patch constantly.

---

But at this point, this is turning more into an argument for the sake of arguing over semantics : there has been posts about it, they have been locked (thankfully), it doesn't make them (or the intent behind them) magically disappear simply because they have a lock in the forums now.

Edited by Wiegraf