The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

T-Shirt Design Contest- Poll

[DE]Megan

T-Shirt Design Poll!  

3,893 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm honestly surprised that none of my favorites made it in the polls. I seriously thought that at least one of the Stalker themed shirts would make it in, especially since a submission clearly against the rules (lookin at you entry #9) made the top 10.  Seeing that i'm kinda disappointed in the selections here I'm just gonna vote for the one full of Warframe jokes and memes, then hope that it comes out on top.

Yeah seriously wtf! Have you seen #7? It's not even a damn shirt. I'm just tired of the troll shirts being picked but I gotta give props to #10. It's very nicely done and very creative. But I also saw a Lotus shirt was nice and it's not even here? Really? There were 100 shirts better than #7. I think one of the rules were to not do duplicates and show backside which of course some of these top 10 did. I'm just lost seriously. 

Too bad the last shirt (that's currently winning) you can't wear in public and expect anybody to care since it makes absolutely zero sense to people that don't play the game. Even worse, people that didn't play through specific events have no idea what half the references are to.

Don't get me wrong, it's well-drawn and funny to a warframe player (with a sense of humor) but shouldn't t-shirts be classy, stylish and still be presentable in public without confusing the crap out of everybody that looks at it and may not necessarily know where it's from?

Last I knew t-shirts are oftentimes viewed by people other than the one wearing it. I would've preferred to get something that catches people's attention and gets them curious rather than slapping them in the face with memes they don't understand. Not an intellectual's t-shirt, unfortunately.

It's essentially an inside joke on a t-shirt that everybody I know won't understand (including the one that plays Warframe), and without 20/20 vision they probably won't see most of the characters or text at a glance. Was hoping for something more universally eye-pleasing to wear. Oh well.... thanks Warframe community; DE won't be getting my money from this contest. Sigh.

And also @ DE Staff, follow your own rules, please. This contest was poorly done, judging from the comments I'm seeing. You had a choice between potentially upsetting one person by turning down a submission or annoying the general public by dismissing your own rules and you chose the greater evil between the two.

Edited by DavidSPD

Too bad the last shirt (that's winning) you can't wear in public and expect anybody to care since it makes absolutely zero sense to people that don't play the game. Even worse, people that didn't play through specific events have no idea what half the references are to.

Don't get me wrong, it's well-drawn and funny to a warframe player (with a sense of humor) but shouldn't t-shirts be classy, stylish and still be presentable in public without confusing the crap out of everybody that looks at it and may not necessarily know where it's from?

Last I knew t-shirts are oftentimes viewed by people other than the one wearing it. I would've preferred to get something that catches people's attention and gets them curious rather than slapping them in the face with memes they don't understand. Not a very intellectual t-shirt, unfortunately.

It's essentially an inside joke on a t-shirt that everybody I know won't understand. Was hoping for something more universally eye-pleasing to wear. Oh well.... thanks Warframe community. DE won't be getting my money from this contest. Sigh.

You do realize that different people have different points of view about exactly what you say, right? By the same token, people react differently to seeing t-shirts on their own. There are the ones who don't care if there isn't a clear message or a blunt name as a walking ad, and there are those who are curious on what is on the shirt and even ask questions.

Lastly, the people buying this shirt are those who KNOW Warframe in the first place, so exactly for them it is worth the inside joke. Then telling others about it, if it piques interest.

I have a few t-shirts who are of good and bad example of how passive advertising works, and a few good and bad ones where the inside jokes need to be explained. It might not be an "inside" joke for you when seeing a super mario mushroom t-shirt of any design, but for everyone not knowing the franchise better (or at all), they couldn't care less about it. Whereas I haven't come across anyone of any age group who does NOT know what a bowl of cereals is. So at worst, you'll be asked what brand of cereals that is. And then you start explaining, and if the person has any amount of humor and can relate to creative thought, they'll at least appreciate the design.

i just hope that all the critic and problems mentioned in this thread will not get ignored or handled like "yea we know about those problems" and nothing else.

Maybe in the next community hot topics or in the next PrimeTime Livestream DE will say more about this contest and all those things some players  mentioned in this thread.

because at the moment... this poll and this contest turns out to look a little bit (not everthing) like a joke.

You do realize that different people have different points of view about exactly what you say, right? 

I realize that my post is an opinion, which is subjective (and you should consider it as such); I don't need you to lecture me about it. Thanks for taking the time to quote and reply to me, though. Not gonna bother reading the rest of your passive-aggressive post and give you what you want, unfortunately. Sorry.

Oh, and have a nice day.

Edited by DavidSPD

You saying my post being passive aggressive doesn't make it so :) it was written because I got the impression of yours being not objectively enough written, and it also gave me the impression you wouldn't allow other points of view. I find these behaviours saddening. I'm sorry if I couldn't read your message properly enough if you claim you've meant it subjectively. We all know how vague written messages are, devoid of all empathy.

well #3. Drakkis_Tax is cool, if i was able to vote for a second one i'll vot for #9, #4 and #5 are cool too, but the ones like #1 and #8... I'm not going to wear that !! EVER !! maybe i'll give it to my little brother, i think he will enjoy it..

You saying my post being passive aggressive doesn't make it so :) it was written because I got the impression of yours being not objectively enough written, and it also gave me the impression you wouldn't allow other points of view. I find these behaviours saddening. I'm sorry if I couldn't read your message properly enough if you claim you've meant it subjectively. We all know how vague written messages are, devoid of all empathy.

Honestly wish there were more of you on the internet. :D I'm sorry DavidSPD, your point is very valid, but the man makes a good point as well. That's not how debating an argument works. You have to look at both sides. You don't want to be a Grineer and just hate everything that isn't your ideal of what the world should be, right? You have to understand the viewpoint of others.

Edited by ZeroJackdaw

You do realize that different people have different points of view about exactly what you say, right? By the same token, people react differently to seeing t-shirts on their own. There are the ones who don't care if there isn't a clear message or a blunt name as a walking ad, and there are those who are curious on what is on the shirt and even ask questions.

Lastly, the people buying this shirt are those who KNOW Warframe in the first place, so exactly for them it is worth the inside joke. Then telling others about it, if it piques interest.

I have a few t-shirts who are of good and bad example of how passive advertising works, and a few good and bad ones where the inside jokes need to be explained. It might not be an "inside" joke for you when seeing a super mario mushroom t-shirt of any design, but for everyone not knowing the franchise better (or at all), they couldn't care less about it. Whereas I haven't come across anyone of any age group who does NOT know what a bowl of cereals is. So at worst, you'll be asked what brand of cereals that is. And then you start explaining, and if the person has any amount of humor and can relate to creative thought, they'll at least appreciate the design.

Are you a potential idiot? or just an ignorant prick? Excuse my language but you are missing his and my point of the design and rule breaking that DE did. Apparently you are clue less about the entire issue and the jokes that they make have shouldn't even be part of a troll shirt. It's a T-Shirt design contest= meaning it's to be professional and eligible but I guess it's not. Humor isn't part of a shirt but creativity yes. We are filled with an abundance of trolls already everywhere and now we just accept more of their designs? There was a "Lotus" shirt that was sick and had like 49 likes, but it didn't make it on the top 10. WTF is #7 doing in this top 10? Excuse my language but it's total crap and it's not even a SHIRT. It's like a candy wrapper design. This is why the past 2 contests were total crap. They really gotta find a good design judge for these contests; otherwise, they will always like the troll designs. 

But Khunvyel, you are an absolute jerk for even trying to argue against DavidSPD and other people that have a strong concern and are upset of these contests. You could be just a troll and you don't even know that people have different points of view. Are you stupid? In design there is a like for design. There is no point of view. Wow learn to freaking design something because you can't even advertise your own opinion. Just gtfo.  

Yeah, it's cool, but it's P_Boso's idea, so not very original... He just stoled his idea...

I'm one of his friends, and he was pretty sad when he saw the #6 submission :/

Not really gomichan had the idea 5 days before your friend even posted.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/245665-new-t-shirt-design-contest/?p=2856275

Also why weren't the Stalker and Grineer heavy units propaganda chosen? they were far more liked than some of the chosen ones.

as i mentioned on this thread before:

hi there^^

i know this sounds weird, but before a lot of people ask "Why Didn't you choose this/my design?" :

Could we maybe get some feedback or anything about how this was choosen?

(weird...first time quoting myself because i dont want to write it again xD )

well now its kinda to late...

Also why weren't the Stalker and Grineer heavy units propaganda chosen? they were far more liked than some of the chosen ones.

I want to know that, too.

In this Community Contest, why weren't the T-shirts the community liked more chosen? :s

(i kinda know the answer: sometimes the community do not know what thing is best for them and some submissions who were liked a lot are weird (the praise booben xD) or against the rules -but i think that does not matter.....-  )

Of course not all of those "like-shirts" could get in this poll (the example shirt was great but not from a player of the community) but this is what is weird about the poll:

we do not know how you, DE, chose the entries ._.  

And we want to understand :3

If we understand how you chose, maybe it helps...and if it doesnt help, at least you can say "thats how we did it. You do not have to agree but you do not need to make further presumptions" 

I know : if it comes to art and design everything is subjective. Everyone has a different opinion..... you can not make everyone happy.... but you should at least try to explain things

and sry for my english :s

But Khunvyel, you are an absolute jerk for even trying to argue against DavidSPD and other people that have a strong concern and are upset of these contests. You could be just a troll and you don't even know that people have different points of view. Are you stupid? In design there is a like for design. There is no point of view. Wow learn to freaking design something because you can't even advertise your own opinion. Just gtfo.  

I would greatly appreciate if you reconsider where I was coming from. If you browse back a couple of pages, you'd see me calling out DE for the rule breaks of #6 and #9. Also, if you read closely enough, I have removed that part from DavidSPD's quote because this had nothing to do with my point. I was arguing the point about validity of t-shirt design in terms of public wearing. Therefore, I hope you can think a second time before calling me a potential idiot, ignorant prick, stupid, jerk or a troll :)

And I'm doing enough artistic and creative work to understand the debate about design itself very much, and beyond it, so this is another concern of yours being wiped off the table.

In this Community Contest, why weren't the T-shirts the community liked more chosen? :s

Probably because it was stated that DE chooses the submissions, and never was there mention of them only needing to do what the community "likes". I could ask the same, why my idea with 10 votes wasn't in, but I don't. It doesn't matter. I'm also not sure how feasible it is to make them state the reasons for why they didn't choose a certain design, I mean they've got work to too. They could any day decide that these contests and give-aways are not worth continuing any more.

SSSsss... aaahhh... It really hurts to choose just one design. I see shirts that I'd wanna wear outside, or a fun occassion, or inside, or to sleep in, or etcetera  and such. Grats to all that made it this far and possibly further should they be seen later on.