The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Warframe Confirmed (Mirage) Megathread

Deaths.Reap3r

We're not presuming, but ok.

Were you not quick to shoot down my speculation for the actual name - other than the codename, which regardless of it being Harlequin or not to DE we can still use to refer to it until we know otherwise - I'd agree, but given that you did I'm gonna say you're just contradicting yourself.

You are.

Do I need to remind you that Oberon was the 'Paladin' Frame throughout most of his early lifecycle, only to finally release as more of a Druid?

Druid in appearance, paladin in abilities - a nice mix of the two, something not usually seen, imo.

And it's not a given that a frame's name will always differ from its codename.

I happen to think being named a "mischievous devil" is fitting for a "trickster" frame whose tricks are rather deadly. It's no surprise to me that one of its powers is to booby trap instead of just to trick.

So what was Hydroid's codename? What was Excalibur's? What was Rhino's? All I'm saying is that "harlequin" fits quite alright, more than just jokester/joker or trickster. Because that's what Loki is. And I personally don't see much that has any relation to the infested. Saryn fills that role much better. That frame even looks like it's part infested.

But whatever.

Edited by AntoineFlemming

And it's not a given that a frame's name will always differ from its codename.

I happen to think being named a "mischievous devil" is fitting for a "trickster" frame whose tricks are rather deadly. It's no surprise to me that one of its powers is to booby trap instead of just to trick.

I see few people arguing that harlequin CAN'T be the name, just that there are other possibilities and running through a few of them or (in Blatant's case) tempering our expectations so that we DON'T jump to the conclusion that Harlequin IS her name - I, at the least, certainly prefer Harlequin over even the ideas I suggested (except maybe Jester, for some reason I love the sound of that).

Edited by Morec0

more than the name, I'd expect that the abilities will fit that name. So I hope it's that or something more appropriate.

Jynx is a pokemon. I don't think it'd be named after a Pokemon. Jinx is a bad luck curse.

Edited by AntoineFlemming

Someone in twitch chat suggested Jynx, I'm quite fond of that name myself :)

Jynx, or just Jinx, but I LOVE this! Even got a feminine sound to it - moreso than any of the other ideas mentioned. Hoping this make it through!

more than the name, I'd expect that the abilities will fit that name. So I hope it's that or something more appropriate.

Jynx is a pokemon. I don't think it'd be named after a Pokemon.

It's a variation of the word Jinx, a form of bad luck (which at least fits the one ability we know), which is also the name of a DC comic character and Legion of Legends champion. It doesn't matter where the name has been used before, just so long as it doesn't come across as unfitting - and it sounds fitting to me.

Edited by Morec0

It's a variation of the word Jinx, a form of bad luck (which at least fits the one ability we know), which is also the name of a DC comic character and Legion of Legends champion. It doesn't matter where the name has been used before, just so long as it doesn't come across as unfitting - and it sounds fitting to me.

If the new frame is as batpoop crazy as Jinx from League of Legends, I'll love her. Jinx was the only Marksman champion I ever really got into because her kit, lore, and voicework were just too much fun to resist.

Edited by Obtenebris

If the new frame is as batpoop crazy as Jynx from League of Legends, I'll love her. Jynx was the only Marksman champion I ever really got into because her kit, lore, and voicework were just too much fun to resist.

That Jinx is Jinx, not Jynx - but I get it. She's also one of my favorites (actually manged to compete with Thresh, no easy feat given how much I love uber-dark villains).

At the moment I've got a Nova color scheme based on Jinx's look, and with that pigtail helm makes it into Warframe for her I'll be able to FINISH it - if Boobytrap's abilities are as a whole anything like the one we've already been told of, I'll GLADLY make my default colors for her the same.

"I'm craaaazyyyyy... got a doctor's note :) "

That Jinx is Jinx, not Jynx - but I get it. She's also one of my favorites (actually manged to compete with Thresh, no easy feat given how much I love uber-dark villains).

At the moment I've got a Nova color scheme based on Jinx's look, and with that pigtail helm makes it into Warframe for her I'll be able to FINISH it - if Boobytrap's abilities are as a whole anything like the one we've already been told of, I'll GLADLY make my default colors for her the same.

"I'm craaaazyyyyy... got a doctor's note :) "

You think I'M crazy? You should meet my sister!

Also fixed my mispelling. Been a long time since I've played LoL since the community sucks and the game just lost my interest.

Edited by Obtenebris

*not coolguydj1, but Archistophles'
"Also: 180% status increase possible now? Wow..."

Don't forget the powah of the ALL POWERFUL STATUS CHANCE MODS!

RIFLE APTITUDE!! *thunders*

SHOTGUN SAVVY!! *rumbles*

SURE SHOT!! *crashes*

MELEE PROWESS!! *ominous hum*

quoted wrong post... major fail

Edited by billthebetta

You think I'M crazy? You should meet my sister!

Also fixed my mispelling. Been a long time since I've played LoL since the community sucks and the game just lost my interest.

AWWW I LUV JINX! what collor packs i need to get a proper jinx color scheme? i already got Valentine pack wich covers the Bright Pink and Black but what color pack has that brigt blueish color of her beautiful hair?

AWWW I LUV JINX! what collor packs i need to get a proper jinx color scheme? i already got Valentine pack wich covers the Bright Pink and Black but what color pack has that brigt blueish color of her beautiful hair?

Daybreak has some blues I believe. You might also need Twilight if Valentine doesn't have the right kinds of pink.. Maybe Smoke for the black/grey parts of Jinx's color scheme.

She looks too organic to be anything else but parasitic or infested, or mabye both. Mabye her near death experience was being consume by the infested but the technocyte virus didnt overtake her because she had tenno dna like how emeber was burned but when she was infected she became a pyrokinetic. Only part missing with ember is how she got exposed. Lol, poor nekros he obviously had to die before he got his powers, lol.

"Scott: Yes, the dual stat mods do have a new frame. The only thing I want to talk about is this one power, which is insane. Our producer Dave called it “the comedy of errors”. The ability will booby trap all items within a radius, including terminals, lockers and ziplines. Basically, this frame can manipulate world objects in your favour. For example, she can use loot crates as a weapon so when they're broken, they give off a radial blind."

From Devstream 31, so it is an area of effect ability.

Well she's interesting to look at... I can't tell what she's going to do but I hope she's fun. I've been having problems where the frames I enjoy I have to mod so much that I mod out their abilities (cough, cough Saryn). I switch between either using Miasma or Contagion everything else is defensive stuff and of course move speed. YOU CANNOT USE SARYN WITHOUT MARATHON AND RUSH. T_T

I just wish that this frame is good without having to mod out 2 or 3 of her skills XD.