Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon Design Check. (Asshatery Inside, Be Warned)

kimahn

please, get the weapon designs go through a second opinion.

i dont know, anybody. take someone in the mall at show him the weapon, and ask him if he could spend money on that.

and please keep a bit of engineering coherence. all the weight at the tip of the weapon ? this is ugly AND dysfunctional.

spectra, while aesthetically questionable, is a good bet, because the whole form is compact, and smart, Amprex was a far less better choice. quanta is plain horrible. it s like a third world weapon made with recycled tubes and crap.

the numbers will talk, but i really think, economic wise, these superlol weapons are an extreme waste of time and manpower, and nearly insulting to your talent.

and powertools are awesome. and ergonomic. stop mocking them please.

0be16c3883c1a13c002553c1f1ef8c44.jpg

sorry. i know this is mean, but i felt like it was a good idea to say it.

I dunno. For a hybrid corpus/infested weapon I think it looks fine. I think that because it's a hybrid weapon it's supposed to look completely mismatched and dysfunctional.

But that still leaves the question of how the hell does it even work? I've been trying to use it all night and I have 0 clue how it functions. I know right click fires a bizarre blob of something that maybe does something but I'm not sure what that something is and I know left click is a fairly high fire rate pew pew thingermajig which does semi-OK damage... 

But seriously, wat do?

[size=2]On a side note we REALLY need a pilebunker-type or drill-type melee weapon, or a cannon thing that fires gigantic stakes, or a gun that shoots swords[/size]

The bubbles have a 100% Radiation proc chance on any enemy they touch and when they explode they deal 100 dmg (atleast i think it was 100, with serration more and not sure if other mods boost the dmg too).

I dunno. For a hybrid corpus/infested weapon I think it looks fine. I think that because it's a hybrid weapon it's supposed to look completely mismatched and dysfunctional.

But that still leaves the question of how the hell does it even work? I've been trying to use it all night and I have 0 clue how it functions. I know right click fires a bizarre blob of something that maybe does something but I'm not sure what that something is and I know left click is a fairly high fire rate pew pew thingermajig which does semi-OK damage... 

But seriously, wat do?

On a side note we REALLY need a pilebunker-type or drill-type melee weapon, or a cannon thing that fires gigantic stakes, or a gun that shoots swords

Dysfunctional? It looks mostly like a razor scooter with a small infested growth on it.

I had no idea what it did, then I watched the video, and now I still have no idea what it does. Guess I'll find out next week when it finishes researching and building.

And +1 sword gun.

borderlands-2-mr-torgue-dlc.jpg

Something, something, "unique visual style", grumble grumble.

i m all for that. i love weidlooking. sure i love symmetry and pure designs but i can get the unique thing. but post modernism mumbo jumbo should not be an excuse to puke on canvas with a bunch of feathers in the &#! and an banjo imho. sorry

I just question how the new weapon works. There is a second handel that is not used why is it there. Can't we put a little bit of design effort into this gun?

Apply a rail gun look to it so a long body and bulky center. The barrel split with the infested piece on the bottom and corpus on top. The split barrel allows for the two pieces to spin for secondary fire. Kind of like this (sorry this is just a quick copy and paste so can't use spoiler to cover) with only two major rails.

10298640_754710491236025_657561776894035

Something, something, "unique visual style", grumble grumble.

very unique style

Drill concept from way back https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/229735-weapon-concept-art-grineer-tool-primary-weapons/

*spot for BulletStorm drill gun if I could be bothered to find a pic*

Edited by Postal_pat

But seriously, wat do?

On a side note we REALLY need a pilebunker-type or drill-type melee weapon, or a cannon thing that fires gigantic stakes, or a gun that shoots swords

From what I understand and what they've said on the wiki the orbs are the secondary fire (mapped to zoom), and you can either just let it continue or shoot it to create an explosion.