Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Am I The Only One Who Don't Really Want Kubrows?

BlissReie

Don't be so quick to judge! I wasn't sure about them either...then I interacted with one for the first time in game and I fell madly in love with the lil fuzzball. :3

That is a fair statement, and ill withhold my final determination of them when they arrive. Yet at this point I don't know if Kubrows fit with the image of Warframe - at least, the image I think Warframe has. Of course everyone who wants to have one can, I'm not saying that. This isn't about whether or not ninjas have use for dogs either. Its more about whether using and taking care of Kubrow feels right in light of current gameplay.

I want ZANUKA as a pet instead of Kubrows!!

we should have both, so everybody can choose for themselves)

Looks/feels much more like a feline... and fits the overall feel/theme of Space age Ninjas better than a big Dog creature)

(to me atleast)

Edit* and one, should off course farm the parts needet, from Zanuka herself..  :)

Edited by D3ST

@Killerkarpfen, I think for most the biggest complaint, and it's funny to say this because they are not even out yet lol, is how much real time they need to be devoted to literally making you attend to them. I think if your attention time was changed to begin when you log in to Warframe, then that takes away the forced feeling some people have about attending the Kubrows and it takes away the Tomogachi comparison which I think you want to steer away from. Don't get me wrong I think the Kubrows will be a fun novelty in the game but I have to agree with the above is they don't really fit in with the core idea of the game.

Edited by Pendragon1951

I really dont understand some of you guys.

When there was an possibility to delete copterin, all of you were so hard crying that this is vital to the game and its the way of playing. for me its total BS as this totaly removes the element of "Ninja" playstyle... why bother with parkour? i'd better use dual ichors with maxxed speed and copter throu whole room. you really want the game to be like "move from point A to B in straight line and kill everything in less than 10 seconds and win the game"

you cry about grind, what's wrong about it? if you could get everything in first day, what else would be the point to play? PvP? no way.

Now when there's something more lore friendly and is also friendly to players with brain, you cry since its "Tamagochi" like... again i say you are terribly wrong. you cant question someone's work when its not done and out yet, i bet my broken leg that most of you will still grind super time to get the "TehBeztOPKuborow" since you are the "Pro" wich sounds like insult to the tenno.

You should seriously re-think the way you behave.

When there was an possibility to delete copterin, all of you were so hard crying that this is vital to the game and its the way of playing. for me its total BS as this totaly removes the element of "Ninja" playstyle... why bother with parkour? i'd better use dual ichors with maxxed speed and copter throu whole room. you really want the game to be like "move from point A to B in straight line and kill everything in less than 10 seconds and win the game"

you cry about grind, what's wrong about it? if you could get everything in first day, what else would be the point to play? PvP? no way.

Now when there's something more lore friendly and is also friendly to players with brain, you cry since its "Tamagochi" like... again i say you are terribly wrong. you cant question someone's work when its not done and out yet, i bet my broken leg that most of you will still grind super time to get the "TehBeztOPKuborow" since you are the "Pro" wich sounds like insult to the tenno.

So basically we need to have the same opinion as you, or you will make more posts like that.

^ That

Copterin is ok, but a dog-like-ish-pet is not :D goddamn ridiculous

Coptering is necessary as long as we have no other way to go fast. Movement is bad overall, but DE aren't going to improve it anytime soon because  spacedogs. We need something to go fast for now.

Grind is not gameplay. They should remove grindwalls AND add something interesting to play after getting all the new things.

Now when there's something more lore friendly and is also friendly to players with brain, you cry since its "Tamagochi" like... again i say you are terribly wrong. you cant question someone's work when its not done and out yet

Kubrows add nothing to core gameplay and

…are the biggest waste of development time

Warframe going Sims?

If WarFrame is really going sims then I want the "simsframe dojo builder\editor" because building a dojo now is a pain in the as.neck..

^ That

Copterin is ok, but a dog-like-ish-pet is not :D goddamn ridiculous

sorry but is ridiculous why? theres so much ridiculous things in WF, if some one dosent like coptrin or the dog\lama\bat hibryd dont use it the same goes for ever thing else.

Kubrows aren't a waste of development time. Some of the current playerbase is into that type of creature-raising mechanic, but also it can help attract people who wouldn't otherwise play 3PS. While it may not be the best use of development time at the moment, it certainly isn't a "waste." I probably won't use kubrows over my sentinels, but I'll still raise them for the fun of it.

No thanks. Kubrows are the biggest waste of development time in Warframe.

basically this. right now we need fixes and parcours 2.0, enemies 2.0, stealth 2.0 and ammo 2.0 (especially ammo 2.0). i'm not against the idea of kubrows itself but right now we need other things. DE should really make a big balance update without major additions imo

ok you had me there for a sec OP

I thought you would be talking about you didn't want Kubrows

because

this game has more fundamental needs (then dare I say a fcking sentinel pet....)

but instead it's about that it should be a cat...................

such dissapoint...

I don't mind the idea of Kubrows in general and creating more customizable pets is a good thing but I'm not a fan of the Tamagotchi elements. I don't want to be forced to login just to take care of a virtual pet, that's not really gameplay and is mostly tedious. 

Edited by NDroid

Pets are nice and all. I won't say "no" to one.

But I'd much rather they spent their dev time improving core elements of gameplay like melee wonky-ness, or enemy AI. As opposed to just layering more fluff on top of a somewhat flawed framework.

The 1st couple days people will thank DE profusely for the "amazing new content" and after that they will quickly go back to complaining bitterly about how much is still pretty busted in the game.

But I'd much rather they spent their dev time improving core elements of gameplay like melee wonky-ness, or enemy AI. As opposed to just layering more fluff on top of a somewhat flawed framework.

To be fair, stuff like AI is something that should not be a "2.0" or one big update, so it is understandable why it is a long and admittedly arduous process.

I'm not really clear on what exactly the kubrow will DO for me once I have bred, raised, and trained the thing.  Until I know what the payoff is, and why I would want a kubrow instead of a sentinel (which is a bio-machine and doesn't need pampering), I shall just quirk my eyebrow at the entire endeavor.

I'm not really clear on what exactly the kubrow will DO for me once I have bred, raised, and trained the thing.  Until I know what the payoff is, and why I would want a kubrow instead of a sentinel (which is a bio-machine and doesn't need pampering), I shall just quirk my eyebrow at the entire endeavor.

Is training any different than formaing? I'm sure if there's going to be maintenance, it would be on the same level as extractors. 

Don't be so quick to judge! I wasn't sure about them either...then I interacted with one for the first time in game and I fell madly in love with the lil fuzzball. :3

Did you ever had a tamagotchi or are you old or young enough to have skipped that trend?