Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Eos Heel Spurs... Oh, What Happened? [Thou Hath Been Redeemed, Thanks Based Draice]

Kappatalist

They look like someone with literally no mechanical knowledge attempted to insert Pin A into Receiver B.  They managed to jam them about 50% in, and we're left with these elegant accouterments stuck to poles jabbing out of our legs.

Are these supposed to be/will they ever be flush with each Frame's legs, or are they seriously supposed to poke out like that?  Scoot em' in, DE!  If you did, I'd buy em'.  Otherwise, they're just too silly looking to use.

Edited by Kappatalist

I'll start looking into this, and I'll push them in a little tighter so they look more like spurs than kickstands. Previously, we had one offset on the Warframe that each armour piece shared. Now we have support to give each armour piece a unique offset for each Warframe, so my next pass on these should look more aesthetically pleasing.

I'll start looking into this, and I'll push them in a little tighter so they look more like spurs than kickstands. Previously, we had one offset on the Warframe that each armour piece shared. Now we have support to give each armour piece a unique offset for each Warframe, so my next pass on these should look more aesthetically pleasing.

Do these unique offsets include syandanas too? Because the Uru syandana in particular sits (well... floats) really high on a lot of warframe's shoulders.

I'll start looking into this ... Now we have support to give each armour piece a unique offset for each Warframe

Okay.  First: did not expect actual DE response.  Second: These words right here ensure about 22% coolness added to the Warframe accessories system soon.  And 22% is conservative.

Glad to hear this - I really want them to look like spurs. I wasn't going to say kickstands... but, yeah, more like cowboy spurs. 

I like the set if it were in another game, I saw the set and asked aloud "How is this ninja?" I wish someone at DE asked that question at every step of these art passes. Just stop and ask the artist, "how is this ninja?" and I bet we would get better armor and weapon sets from that one question being asked.

I like the set if it were in another game, I saw the set and asked aloud "How is this ninja?" I wish someone at DE asked that question at every step of these art passes. Just stop and ask the artist, "how is this ninja?" and I bet we would get better armor and weapon sets from that one question being asked.

Yeah, but that cuts out like... 75% of warframe, including gun play.

Awesome, Could we have the Edo arm armour on Volt be reverted to their saggy position? His bare, unprotected upper arm with the default arm bands removed is a jarring sight for someone wearing armour pieces.

Awesome, Could we have the Edo arm armour on Volt be reverted to their saggy position? His bare, unprotected upper arm with the default arm bands removed is a jarring sight for someone wearing armour pieces.

One does not simply NOT use default Volt arms though.  They're awesome!

#NotAddressingTheProblem

#StillTheTruth

I recon you are having this issue a lot then XD...I mean...Can you really call even half the stuff ninja? XD

Rocket launcher, Ignis, Penta, Angstrum, Soma, Supra, Gorgon, Hek, Hind, Marelock, Phage, Cestra, Castanas, Stugg... should I continue?  Not a lot of this game is "ninja" beyond Loki and Ash.

Castanas ... Not "ninja"

YOU TAKE THAT BACK.

On the whole topic of "is it ninja", I prefer to pin it to the fact that we are Space Ninjas from the not-Dynastic Era.  Hell, we are ballsy enough to use bows, shuriken, and kama in the FUTURE!

YOU TAKE THAT BACK.

On the whole topic of "is it ninja", I prefer to pin it to the fact that we are Space Ninjas from the not-Dynastic Era.  Hell, we are ballsy enough to use bows, shuriken, and kama in the FUTURE!

Fair enough.  *takes previous comment back* :3

Do these unique offsets include syandanas too? Because the Uru syandana in particular sits (well... floats) really high on a lot of warframe's shoulders.

I'm waiting until we have a solution for scaling the Syandanas as well, because the offset isn't the only issue. On some Warframes, it's just too big. Currently there are issues where we can scale the size of the Syandana, but the physics remains the same size so it interacts with physical objects in an awkward manner. I'll revisit this when I can have our programmers investigate the physics-scaling issue. 

The form of the Eos leggy bits is nice, but they don't make sense for space ninja pirates.  They'll get caught on things,  They're not positioned anywhere useful for offense or defense.  They're just sorta like "grab me here" handles for the Grustrag Three to hold you down while they apply the bolt.

I thought they made more sense upright, honestly.  Like they'd go up the outside of the leg, then pop out all curvy and elegant, with some spikes added for fun, and then go back in toward the knee.

It kinda made me wish I could adjust the orientation of armor bits, like flipping the arm pieces vertically, or adjusting the angle of ... well, just the spurs, I guess.

You're doing great work, I'm looking forward to geting the Edo set on the PS4.  Definitely love the Eos shoulders and chest - most of my 'frames are using them.