Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Post Your Favourite Equipment Setups

Tarille

I'm curious about what kind of setups people like to run.

Most people like different things from weapons and I've seen some crazy mod setups (Mostly on Youtube videos that "Try" to tell people the best mod setups for weapons... A lot of them are utter garbage that try and fail horribly at maxing DPS with no utility)

There are also different weapons that people like to run that maybe aren't the frequently mention "God Tier" weapons

So here we are. A nice place to show off the setup you like to run (Maybe for different things) that may allow you to find some new interesting builds to try and possibly some unconventional weapons that have niche builds that could be fun.

My go-to setup for pretty much everything (Except high level defence... There's some limitations that prevent that)

Valkyr - Steel Charge is currently just for the additional mod points until it's fixed to actually do anything for Hysteria (Outside the current bug where occasionally you'll just use your melee weapon in Hysteria rather than the Claws) - Same for Intensify, that's just there for when Hysteria gets affected by it again (If it never does, then I guess I'll Forma that V slot into a D for Sure Footed or maybe a - for Handspring?)

As far as abilities go, I was aiming for Short duration Hysteria, to allow for hyper aggressive play to bring me to low health with the ability to jump into Hysteria for healing without then being locked into 30+ seconds of forced melee mode. It doesn't take very long to fully heal in Hysteria (Usually a ground finisher will do the trick, what with finishers ignoring armour and doing high damage)

Soma - Yeah, yeah "Noob Soma user QQ". I like the weapon, it feels nice to use. It's accurate, it has a nice fire rate that can vary depending on how long the trigger is held and crits feel nice to get.

As far as elementals go, I chose Corrosive because it's very neutral (I'm lazy when it comes down to swapping elements per faction) and Cold because it's cheaper than the other elements (Otherwise I'd have probably gone for Heat for another neutral element) so doesn't require an extra Forma. Also, perfect elements for Void.

Akstiletto - Why Concussion Rounds over Lethal Torrent? Well... Despite LT giving higher average damage per shot, higher average chance to cause status per shot and higher DPS overall with the increased fire rate... I just don't like how the weapon feels with the additional fire rate. It becomes more difficult to do the single shots that most lower level enemies require and it's also more difficult to be accurate at longer ranges too.

Why Heat damage over Radiation? Because I prefer Heat Damage for damage output... It's more neutral and I don't like swapping elements per faction. Also, I'm not a huge fan of Radiation procs on weapons I'm intending to try and kill with. That said, I'd probably use Radiation if I had access to Jolt because the extra 9% status chance per bullet would be nice (Would then swap Concussion Rounds for Convulsion). On a similar note, once the Cold dual stat mods comes around, I'd likely replace Ice Storm to get more status chance (Incidentally, more Cold damage too)

Why not Tysis if going for Status secondary? I prefer how the Akstiletto's work. Being full auto, hit scan and of course the physical damage procs can be fun too (Stagger from Impact, damage reduction from Puncture and Bleed from Slash)

Dakra Prime - Again, elemental mods for neutral damage types (Heat was also chosen because of looks... Fits better with my colour schemes) - Crit mods because Hysteria benefits from it. No Spoiled Strike because Crimson Dervish is quite slow and also Coptering is nice (Crit chance doesn't justify Berserker to compensate)

Frame - RNGesus

Primary - Lock Cannon

Secondary - Flame Launcher

Melee - Upvote Hammer

But seriously though:

Frame - Excalibur

Primary - Who needs primaries these days?

Secondary - Wraith Twin Vipers. You don't joke around with 5 forma'd Wraith Twin Vipers

Melee - Dual Ichor. Death everywhere

EDIT Time!!!

Edited by Noxonion

Frame - Excalibur - fast, balanced and can fit almost any role (except healing)

Primary- Penta - Because who doesn't want to blow stuff up

Secondary - Akstiletto - Because they are mini soma's

Melee- Eather Reaper- The scythe just completes the frost look

This is what I enjoy using the most:

Excalibur - blind is always good, balanced frame for almost every situation, looks badass

Boar Prime - firing sound is music to my ears, pop pop pop - watchin' corpus drop, modded correctly it can be a hilarious stun-gun

Akmagnus - simply amazing, high damage (mine are in the range of 1500 total damage per shot, Im sure it could be better) , decent ROF

Kogake - because breakdancing into enemies and getting faster every time I get a crit is super fun, those crits can be enormous

Can't say just one loadout, but here's my main group of gear.

Frost/Prime, Nyx.

LatronP, BoarP. I mod my Latron with a crit build, and then status in mind. I get it's a better status gun than crit, but I really love it when all the gun RNG activates at the same time. BoarP... it's just fun to use.

AkStilletto, Vasto, and Brakk. I use the Brakk cause I still haven't invested any forma into a weapon yet, and it gets the job done. Not really proud of that, but it's how it is. And I like the single Vasto more than the AkVasto.

OrthosP, DakraP, or FangP. These are used about equally. Serro might make the list some day.

Frame - Excalibur - fast, balanced and can fit almost any role (except healing)

Primary- Penta - Because who doesn't want to blow stuff up

Secondary - Akstiletto - Because they are mini soma's

Melee- Eather Reaper- The scythe just completes the frost look

inb4 bows and katanas swarm this thread

Saryn or Banshee

Brandal

Landal

Prandal

In street cred I trust.

Loki Zephyr Nova

Dread BoltorPrime Ogris

Catanas Angstrum

Serro DualIchor Scoliac

This is what I enjoy using the most:

Excalibur - blind is always good, balanced frame for almost every situation, looks badass

Boar Prime - firing sound is music to my ears, pop pop pop - watchin' corpus drop, modded correctly it can be a hilarious stun-gun

Akmagnus - simply amazing, high damage (mine are in the range of 1500 total damage per shot, Im sure it could be better) , decent ROF

Kogake - because breakdancing into enemies and getting faster every time I get a crit is super fun, those crits can be enormous

Loki Prime

Bo Prime

Nyx

Grinlok- I cant seem to find a better Semi-auto gun to replace my current build.

Akstilleto/Sicarus Prime- I just bring something easy to use and not too fancy

Depends on the mood but currently Serro

Can't say just one loadout, but here's my main group of gear.

Frost/Prime, Nyx.

LatronP, BoarP. I mod my Latron with a crit build, and then status in mind. I get it's a better status gun than crit, but I really love it when all the gun RNG activates at the same time. BoarP... it's just fun to use.

AkStilletto, Vasto, and Brakk. I use the Brakk cause I still haven't invested any forma into a weapon yet, and it gets the job done. Not really proud of that, but it's how it is. And I like the single Vasto more than the AkVasto.

OrthosP, DakraP, or FangP. These are used about equally. Serro might make the list some day.

ebbb0fb3f21712da3c05af4a48b27a90.jpg

I personally really love the aesthetics and playstyle of Nekros decked out in Stalker's gear. I feel like "Dread," "Despair," and "Hate" have names that are too edgy but I can't get over how cool the aesthetics are with Nekros. That being said, I haven't finished forma'ing any of those but Nekros, who was my first main.

Now I tend to run Rhino/Nyx/Valkyr, because I'm able to use them like tanks. Nyx's Absorb and Chaos keep her alive far longer than they have any right to, while Valkyr and Rhino are actually both built around their damage buffing abilities. Warcry and Roar are so underrated, it's ridiculous. I honestly prefer those abilities over their 4s because I like to play for more utility. I feel like I'm in the minority there, so I seem to get a lot of flak for liking Rhino. Oh well, that's how people are.

I also really enjoy the Boltor Prime, but more because of how it looks and feels than it's power. I would actually be fine to see it nerfed, but it'd still be my baby... but that's for another thread I guess. The Amprex is another one of my favorite weapons, but I end up wanting it for pure damage and proc chance so I've left off any sort of Ammo mods. Whoops.

I've had a harder time trying to figure out Secondaries that I like. The Angstrum is the newest one that I've taken a liking too, but I kill myself far too often to use it well. The Despair is fun, but I'm also a fan of the Dual Cestra and Sicarus Prime. I just got the Akbronco Prime so I'm waiting to see how I like it.

Melee weapons... are a bit more difficult. The first weapon I truly loved was the Amphis, which I forma'd for Flailing Branch before the Bo Prime came out. I ended up selling it right after getting the Bo Prime, which should tell you how much I enjoy the Bo Prime. I also like the Hate (which I also forma'd for Stalking Fan) and Glaive Prime, and to a lesser degree the Nami Skyla. The Nami Skyla is more that I really really love the stance it matches and haven't really liked any of the other weapons that match Crossing Snakes. Ah well.

EDIT: The formatting of this post is acting weird and bothers me but I have no idea why.

Edited by CaptainJohnson

I'll jump on every opportunity I get to use my Disarm build Loki (mostly because dat Swindle helm). High-proc Penta for group knockdowns, Marelok for sniping/Viral-proccing heavy units, Dual Ichors for choppychop and the fact that I enjoy slide attacks way too much.

If I don't know what I'm getting into or if I'm going up against Infested, though, I'll go with a duration Invisibility Loki or maybe a range/duration Blind Excalibutt.

...Though recently, I've developed a taste for Antimatter Drop + Paris Prime *w*...

Warframe - black and white, default red energy Volt: Cool with his Pulse helmet, fast, solid, good at everything and afraid of nothing at all!

Primary - anything that shoot at long range.

Secondary - Brakk: Hit hard and kill anything without trouble.

Melee - anything that hit fast and hurt (mostly duals)

effectiveness: You have a nearly unstoppable force at your side. B)

Excalibur, because he can be immortal without really being it, and because he is tru hero.

Latron Prime- I love how it looks and it has good stats.

Lex prime, Marelok, Despair-depends on my mood

Dakra prime, Dragon nikana, Fang prime, any single dagger- because the style

Volt. All the way, all types of mission. Just because. Rush for max mobility, with stamina mods (Marathon + Quick Rest) for more juice. Mandatory Shock for light CC, with either Speed/Elec. Shield depending on what mission/faction I deal with. Redirection+Vitality for more survivability, plus Streamline for more economical mpe (mile per energy). Didn't use any other power mods, neither strength nor duration.The rest (empty slots avail. and Aura) is moddable according to faction, but usually Retribution for my personal zone and Rifle Amp (can be swapped with Steel Charge). Again, just because. Haven't (and probably never) forma'd.

Braton / Braton Prime. Ye'olde Reliables; one with Zen balance all over it, the other one for Slash proc incarnate.. Moddable to allow 1 combo elemental (usually Radiation after acquiring BG mods) and Toxin (both mods). Mandatory Shred, Serration, and Split Chamber. Oftenly use low-mid leveled Heavy Caliber for more carnage, except if another elemental combo is needed. Both 3x forma'd.

Hikou / Akstilletto. Hikou for raining damage, Akstilletto for cursing with procs. Modded according each function to opposing faction, but usually 1 elemental combo added with both Toxin mods equipped. Both unforma'd.

Dual Ichor. When in needs of slaughtering any mobs up close and personally. Mandatory Fury, Pressure Point, True Steel, and Organ Shatter. Plugged both Toxin mods for moar poison. Berserker for being a blender/juicer wannabe. Plugging Swirling Tiger stance for supiido sutoraiku. Totally unforma'd.

This is what I'm trying to figure out...  Concussion Rounds gives you 60% of only your Impact damage on the Akstilettos.

Why in the world would you use that instead of any other pistol damage mod?

Because the best mod for that slot (Lethal Torrent) makes the weapon less fun for me to use because of the fire rate becoming so high that you have to fight against it for small numbers of shots (Considering level 20-30 common mooks only need a single shot to take out, it can have very negative effects of ammo economy)

An elemental mod would change the Heat damage into something else, which I don't want because I like the Heat proc and damage type, I'd only want to swap to Radiation damage if I had Jolt which would likely take the place of Concussion Rounds for increased damage output and status chance.

Magnum Force has the accuracy penalty which if I used I may as well just throw on some Vipers or Dex Furis instead because the accuracy is one of the key features of the weapon.

Expel mods would require me to change depending on faction, I'm just too lazy for that.

Crit chance would marginally increase average damage compared to Concussion Rounds but adds in a layer of RNG that can make the weapon less effective as well as more effective depending on how many crits I get.

Any other Physical damage mod would provide less damage because Akstiletto's highest damage type is Impact.

So yeah... Various reasons for Concussion Rounds. The main one being the ideal replacement (For me) is event exclusive for now.

Because the best mod for that slot (Lethal Torrent) makes the weapon less fun for me to use because of the fire rate becoming so high that you have to fight against it for small numbers of shots (Considering level 20-30 common mooks only need a single shot to take out, it can have very negative effects of ammo economy)

An elemental mod would change the Heat damage into something else

Forgive me, but I can't see your original link due to technical problems, but have you gotten your breeding ground mods yet? Why not use the pistol fire/status mod?