Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Soloing Even Valid

bardonrafan

Is soloing even valid way to play the game ? my reason for soloing  I don't just want to run and gun all the time and other time there is no one playing the map. but i don't want to have to use all my revives on one map.  I know there are some Warframes that can solo very well or just stack tankyness, but i don't want to play a tank all the time i want be able to play strategically and thoughtfully to get trough some levels.  I also haven't reactored any of my warfames or use froma's on them and i don't all the mods or many max out. but should i have tooo ? i am not to far into the game where i have that much ability to do so. does that mean I and others at similar stages can't play missions on solo ? any warfames or ability or mods to make it more viable?for not max out or non tank waframes 

Edited by bardonrafan

I am forced to solo EVERYTHING because of internet reasons. Trust me. It IS possible. However, you have to be prepared.

You don't have to "tank" all the time. It makes no sense and I think this is actually boring. Rhino is on my "black list". Try out Ash for a stealthy approach in combat (Loki is also a stealth-based thing, but I think if you want to solo a mission, having at least one damaging comes always handy, since you are alone; Banshee is also a good frame when soloing, but she can be a bit tough with her low armory). Having a good Sentinel is also a good point. Pick Dethcube or Carrier (their weapons are very good, but you don't have to use Carrier all the time, since now you can switch weapons between them). If you don't want to play stealthy, (which is acceptable, since most of the missions are not "stealth-able"), Nyx, Frost, or basically any warframe will do it. If you don't want to tank, pick an other one.

Balance everything before you join a mission. Make sure that you go with more health and armor against the infested, and more shields against the other pew-pewing humans. This is a very little thing, yet sometimes it can save your life. Make sure your weapons have the proper mods, so you will not go with magnetic damage against the infestation, etc.

While leveling up stuff, be careful! Pick a lower-levelled mission, or carry only one low-levelled stuff, since no one will be there to heal you if you die.

HEALING! Trinity is also very cool for soloing, but since her Blessing-rework, you must be on the look out of your health bar all the time. Make sure you have the Guardian mod in a good position on your sentinel, so they can cast it very often and you will last longer. Some Medium Team Heal restores can come always handy, so crafting some is a great idea.

Is soloing even valid way to play the game ? my reason for soloing  I don't just want to run and gun all the time and other time there is no one playing the map. but i don't want to have to use all my revives on one map.  I know there are some Warframes that can solo very well or just stack tankyness, but i don't want to play a tank all the time i want be able to play strategically and thoughtfully to get trough some levels.  I also haven't reactored any of my warfames or use froma's on them and i don't all the mods or many max out. but should i have tooo ? i am not to far into the game where i have that much ability to do so. does that mean I and others at similar stages can't play missions on solo ? any warfames or ability or mods to make it more viable?for not max out or non tank waframes 

Soloing is definitely possible.  Just know that some parts of the game will be harder or take longer because of doing so.  Some WFs have it easier than others but all can solo most of the content at some point.

To solo just click the button at the top of the screen that says ONLINE and click SOLO.  You can even pause the game when in this mode.

The game is made to be more co-op friendly than solo friendly but I still find myself doing a ton of things solo. Enjoy your stay Tenno. :)

I've been going solo almost all the time; totaly viable, but I must admit that picking Loki as my starting frame helped a lot: great for stealth and tactics, and you have invisibility as a "panic button" in early game before you get decent gear. I even think missions like sabotage and spying are easier (and more satisfying, but that's only me) when played solo on a stealthy approach. OK, I have a hard time soloing defences against anything else than infected, but it's still fine.

The point is: when going solo, the choice of your frame is way more important than in coop and will be dictated by mission type. But still, solo may be hard but it's totaly possible.

Despite what everyone else here seems to be claiming, I'd avoid soloing if you got bad gear unless its a low level planet, or you just plan on rushing past almost every enemy without fighting them. You really do not want to be soloing an Elimination or Survival mission on a planet/dwarf-planet like Ceres with a rank 15 unpotatoed Lato and Braton, and an Excalibur you don't even have good mods for. 

Some frames are better at soloing than others, especially before you got a good selection of mods. Ash, Loki, Valkyr, Nekros, and Rhino are all good solo frames. 

Geez, its like the community want's to watch newbies burn through their revives or something. Try playing solo on a new account and see how hard the game has gotten since you first started playing.

Edited by Grilleds

Despite what everyone else here seems to be claiming, I'd avoid soloing if you got bad gear unless its a low level planet, or you just plan on rushing past almost every enemy without fighting them. You really do not want to be soloing an Elimination or Survival mission on a planet/dwarf-planet like Ceres with a rank 15 unpotatoed Lato and Braton, and an Excalibur you don't even have good mods for. 

Some frames are better at soloing than others, especially before you got a good selection of mods. Ash, Loki, Valkyr, Nekros, and Rhino are all good solo frames. 

Geez, its like the community want's to watch newbies burn through their revives or something. Try playing solo on a new account and see how hard the game has gotten since you first started playing.

I giggled

Ive been running Exta Ceres with my Latron prime at lvl 1-15 and killing krill with it

Half the time i dont even have powers

Hooray for patience and really good aim

I giggled

Ive been running Exta Ceres with my Latron prime at lvl 1-15 and killing krill with it

Because a Latron Prime compares to a Braton. Okay.

Not even going to comment on the self inflating "really good aim" part. Woops.

This game has major issues for new players that don't understand the systems beyond simple mechanics. They're going to attempt to fix some of them in update 14, but solo running on a new account is extremely punishing as it is right now.

I giggled

And you have been playing since Jan. He's been playing since... end of may. 

it's pretty hard to get a lantron prime within 1 month. it would require him to a) solo all the way to saturn, farm 10 orokin cells b) farm survival for keys c) solo void missions for lantron parts. 

likely with a braton and a cronus on a starter frame with probably rank 5 redirection and vitality, no serration/hornet strike, rank 0-3 elemental mods. Unless you play 16 hours a day for a month, theres no way you can solo your way to even a lantron prime. you think of it as "just a rank 15 lantron prime" to him it's way out there. remember the only way to get affinity is by killing with the actual weapon. solo hyena? not an easy task with a braton that has no serration. Then hes got to get past earth. When's the last time you soloed frontier stuff with a braton? and thats just all on the way to saturn. a lantron prime is easily 2 months of play for a normal player that plays like 2 hours a day. And then you still have to go to T1-3 VOID survival. Yes. All 4 parts are in survival (except stock which is in T2 cap and T2 surv). You ever solo T3 survival to 5 minutes on a frame with rank 5 redir/vit/maxed skills of your choice on a starter with a braton without serration? it might take you 2 minutes to kill a single enemy. Let's pretend the parts all show up as soon as possible with 100% chance. Farming the 4 keys will still take hours. T3 survival, 2x T2, 1x T1. And lets pretend you get all the orokin cells while you farm for survival keys. Thats still 4x keys = 1 hour of survival (going 15, quit, 15, quit, 15, quit. 15, quit) There are 5 types of keys (excluding intercept which cant be farmed here anyways) so let's pretend they all drop at the same rate, equally. You are still looking at probably 5 hours of doing survivals to farm the keys... TO START DOING VOID SURVIVAL.. Thats 5 hours to get the keys to have a CHANCE at doing the missions to get the parts. Of which none are a "sure thing" 

So I laugh at your thinking that lantron prime isnt a big deal. Having one is a big deal for new players. That's just a fact. 

Here's a fun little experiment for you: start a new account. start farming. tell me how long it takes you solo to a point where you get your first serration/hornet strike drop. I'll tell you this. I started a new account just before breeding grounds. I didn't solo. It took me a close to a month (playing 2 hours every day) to get my first serration. (of course I avoided freebies, taxis, joining other people's void keys). Fact is. it's not as easy as you think. Just having a half decent weapon with actual mods on it is a HUGE step up from dealing 24 damage a crit headshot when you start

Edited by xenapan

Because a Latron Prime compares to a Braton. Okay.

Not even going to comment on the self inflating "really good aim" part. Woops.

This game has major issues for new players that don't understand the systems beyond simple mechanics. They're going to attempt to fix some of them in update 14, but solo running on a new account is extremely punishing as it is right now.

Unranked latron prime?

Literally level 1 using a duration based saryn with # 1 and # 4 no power str mods

You forgot the part about patience while you were talking about me inflating my ego by the way

It goes a long way to take your time and make sure you dont stick your foot in quicksand

And you have been playing since Jan. He's been playing since... end of may. 

it's pretty hard to get a lantron prime within 1 month. it would require him to a) solo all the way to saturn, farm 10 orokin cells b) farm survival for keys c) solo void missions for lantron parts. 

likely with a braton and a cronus on a starter frame with probably rank 5 redirection and vitality, no serration/hornet strike, rank 0-3 elemental mods. Unless you play 16 hours a day for a month, theres no way you can solo your way to even a lantron prime. you think of it as "just a rank 15 lantron prime" to him it's way out there. remember the only way to get affinity is by killing with the actual weapon. solo hyena? not an easy task with a braton that has no serration. Then hes got to get past earth. When's the last time you soloed frontier stuff with a braton? and thats just all on the way to saturn. a lantron prime is easily 2 months of play for a normal player that plays like 2 hours a day. And then you still have to go to T1-3 VOID survival. Yes. All 4 parts are in survival (except stock which is in T2 cap and T2 surv). You ever solo T3 survival to 5 minutes on a frame with rank 5 redir/vit/maxed skills of your choice on a starter with a braton without serration? it might take you 2 minutes to kill a single enemy. Let's pretend the parts all show up as soon as possible with 100% chance. Farming the 4 keys will still take hours. T3 survival, 2x T2, 1x T1. And lets pretend you get all the orokin cells while you farm for survival keys. Thats still 4x keys = 1 hour of survival (going 15, quit, 15, quit, 15, quit. 15, quit) There are 5 types of keys (excluding intercept which cant be farmed here anyways) so let's pretend they all drop at the same rate, equally. You are still looking at probably 5 hours of doing survivals to farm the keys... TO START DOING VOID SURVIVAL.. Thats 5 hours to get the keys to have a CHANCE at doing the missions to get the parts. Of which none are a "sure thing" 

So I laugh at your thinking that lantron prime isnt a big deal. Having one is a big deal for new players. That's just a fact. 

Here's a fun little experiment for you: start a new account. start farming. tell me how long it takes you solo to a point where you get your first serration/hornet strike drop. I'll tell you this. I started a new account just before breeding grounds. I didn't solo. It took me a close to a month (playing 2 hours every day) to get my first serration. (of course I avoided freebies, taxis, joining other people's void keys). Fact is. it's not as easy as you think. Just having a half decent weapon with actual mods on it is a HUGE step up from dealing 24 damage a crit headshot when you start

Ok now pay attention

I said 1-15

I went in with a lvl 1 latron prime and still beat up lech

Also play time has little to do with player skill and patience

The braton is a fairly solid weapon but weak

Its probably comparable to a no mod latron prime or more useful

And youre missing the point entirely

You dont really need maxed things to solo the star chart though it helps

Alot of patience and great synergy with your frame can go a very long way

Anyone can do it

You just have to be patient and get a frame that suits your style

EDIT

Also

If you have near no mods and youre using half ranked starter weapons on Ceres you shouldnt be doing that and shouldnt be complaining about it

By the time you hit Ceres you should have what you need to conquer the area

Edited by Azawarau

Only mission type I have an issue with solo is interception. Everything else is a breeze and actually way to easy to be honest when you have all frames and each specced for certain situations. I have my favorite weapons for each faction. But yes to answer your question. It's rather easy to solo in this game. You just have to worry about the stalker, harvester, and gustrag if you have gear that isn't forma'd several times with max rank mods.

Unranked latron prime?

Literally level 1 using a duration based saryn with # 1 and # 4 no power str mods

You forgot the part about patience while you were talking about me inflating my ego by the way

It goes a long way to take your time and make sure you dont stick your foot in quicksand

Ok now pay attention

I said 1-15

I went in with a lvl 1 latron prime and still beat up lech

Also play time has little to do with player skill and patience

The braton is a fairly solid weapon but weak

Its probably comparable to a no mod latron prime or more useful

And youre missing the point entirely

Anyone can do it

You just have to be patient and get a frame that suits your style

EDIT

Also

If you have near no mods and youre using half ranked starter weapons on Ceres you shouldnt be doing that and shouldnt be complaining about it

By the time you hit Ceres you should have what you need to conquer the area

No. There is the issue of ammo efficiency. A rank 1 Latron Prime is likely going to be more ammo efficient than a rank 15 unpotatoed and likely not optimally modded Braton, especially if we consider that the Latron Prime does mostly puncture damage (which is anti-Grineer). Unless you are just rushing past every enemy, you will likely run out of ammo long before you finish the mission unless you use consumables.  

Edited by Grilleds

my tip for soloing (and I used some frames), I usually pick up a silent weapons (bows, castanas), and play semi stealthy (my stealthies frame for those solo missions was banshee), or have a weapons with a lot of raw power, but that is quite boring, on large maps, use snipers (quite fun personally), use abilities tactical, mag shield polarize, for a quick tune up, or oberons renewal, with his ulti if you get swarmed, or volt, has quite some options.

The thing is with solo (you said missions which nobody plays), play tactfully, don't run and gun (unless you are a rhino with iron skin up, together with some, you get my point), coordinate, pick targets, hide, be creative, for survival missions, nyx will get you to the five minute mark, because the enemies are fighting each other, use nyx or frost for defense (the specters are nice to). and so on. I find solo mission quite fun occasionally, to test something out, and you are able to have tactical match easily in lower level missions, instead of follow the leader who mows everything down in front of you.

I would say have fun, you can do a lot more (of the creative things) in solo missions than in pugs, wall running (instead of coptering),real stealth play, tactical fighting etcetera,

and yes expect to accasionally use a revive, but you'll get the hang of it more eventually (and you get to know the enemies behaviour, which is usefull when things don't die when somebody looks at the general direction of a enemy with a braton in your hands

No. There is the issue of ammo efficiency. A rank 1 Latron Prime is likely going to be more ammo efficient than a rank 15 unpotatoed and likely not optimally modded Braton, especially if we consider that the Latron Prime does mostly puncture damage (which is anti-Grineer). Unless you are just rushing past every enemy, you will likely run out of ammo long before you finish the mission unless you use consumables.  

Theres melee which i also used

A really bad unpotatod gram that id trade any day for a skana and the pangolin sword that is still better than the gram for me

And again if youre using half ranked unpotatoed things when youre up to Ceres then you need to step back a bit and actually progress through the star chart for some ranks and mods

You should at least have a bow and the Seer piston (which is a surprisingly solid pistol)

Or lex and regular braton both buyable with credits

Edited by Azawarau

The beauty of warframe is you can play whatever way you want. I usually Solo run or run with friends the game can be fairly punishing for you if you are trying to solo as a new player but it's doable. Before you even talk about warframes and weapons you need to learn the flow of combat and use as many acrobatic maneuvers as possible to dodge bullets. I highly recommend using objects for cover which seems obvious but, as we figured out in suspicious shipments nobody does. If you want to play Solo it may be challenging but it will improve your overall skill level with the game considerably and make you more of a survival oriented player because you don't have squad mates ready to revive you. The last tip I have is this: if you are standing still for longer than 2 seconds you aren't being a true space ninja. Be constantly on the move and you will finish missions without ever having your shields drop. It's a very difficult skill to learn at first but one that can be mastered within 20 missions or so. I hope these tips help you my fellow Tenno!