Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void Trees Move!

Cyberian_vs

So... has anyone noticed before that the big white trees in the void move very slowly, kinda like theyre alive, kinda like... pre infested?

Might be something DE put to plan for some lore. Either that or someone decided they'd creep out players when they notice the trees move.

" Tenno? Never heard of a Tenno before. Sounds like Grineer mischief to me. They come with fire, they come with miters. Gnawing, biting, breaking, hacking, burning. Destroyers and usurpers. Curse them! " 

Truestory <----

I want to say that this has been in there since the beginning. I remember the very first iteration of the Dojo had plants like these that were reskinned to be brown with blue bio-luminescence (basically what we have in the Derelicts now) and those would move over time.

So... has anyone noticed before that the big white trees in the void move very slowly, kinda like theyre alive, kinda like... pre infested?

Might be something DE put to plan for some lore. Either that or someone decided they'd creep out players when they notice the trees move.

You think DE has a plan for lore? LOL

The Technocyte Virus (TCV) which created the infested was originally made by the Orokin to fight off the Sentients. That sort of nanotech would've been used in other ways before it was weaponised.

I'd say the 'trees' you see in Orokin and Tenno structures are probably neural computing analogues, part of (or the) the semi-organic computers which run the Towers, Dojos, Solar Rails and probably other Orokin-based technology. It's basically the same stuff that the infested are made of except it's running the aircon, lights, doors and gravity instead of eating people :p

I want to say that this has been in there since the beginning. I remember the very first iteration of the Dojo had plants like these that were reskinned to be brown with blue bio-luminescence (basically what we have in the Derelicts now) and those would move over time.

Wait, you changed that? It looks so much prettier than the new stuff....