Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Truth Behind The Frames.

darkone96

Great post and arguments OP, I agree with this list for the most part.

The list to me doesn't say the low tier frames aren't viable... Just that they are outperformed elsewhere.

Also, those that come here and say it's wrong while presenting no counter argument make me giggle.

I quote wiki here:

It does scale well compared to the other abilities, which hit once.

Then again, I forgot molecular prime and vortex.

With dual ichor, it does amazing amounts of damage.

Great post and arguments OP, I agree with this list for the most part.

The list to me doesn't say the low tier frames aren't viable... Just that they are outperformed elsewhere.

Also, those that come here and say it's wrong while presenting no counter argument make me giggle.

As if OP provided any arguments, its just a bunch of cliches perpetuated by the people who never check updates or havent played all the frames.

2t4ZTWg.jpg

I disagree with Zephyr and Banshee.

Turbulence is incredibly useful at any level, as it deflects bullets, lasers, AND ROCKETS. Corpus can't do anything about it, Grineer heavies can't do anything about it. Also, ult has huge crowd control potential (though not impressive damage), allowing her to play a defensive team role -- keeping teammates alive with turbulence and reviving them while the enemy is distracted by tornadoes.

Sonar for the 5x bonus is nice. Especially with a Nova's MP slowing down the enemies. Add in a crit and potential for headshot... 5x (sonar) * 2x (MP) * 2x (Crit, *2x for red crit) [* 2x headshot] is a good set of multipliers for any level enemy. Haven't actually checked the numbers to see if they're multiplicative or not, but regardless.

Throw on some punch through with my Paris Prime and we're set.

And anything that stuns is good in my book (Soundquake). Although, she's a bit buggy sometimes...

Other than that, pretty much. Though I might have put Nyx up on Best Seller. Anyone who knows what they're doing wants a Nyx on their team.

[...] and its effectively more annoying that 4 lokis spamming switch teleport on a exterminate or survival mission.

I don't think you understand...

If all 4 Loki's are doing it, it's not annoying. They knew what they were getting into.

duals are outdated for being fast

nono, they're not outdated, they're still approved. i mean of course they're no amphis but they have a much nicer and sleeker design and don't look like a double ended... something

Yea Loki is useful... except in Infested missions. Just off of pure powers he has no effect to them

throw a decoy on top of a box, useful again.

become invisible and go pop the life supports, or don't get touched by level 9999 ancients

As if OP provided any arguments, its just a bunch of cliches perpetuated by the people who never check updates or havent played all the frames.

i have played 15 out of the 19 frames myself, and i agree with the list. and you know the funny part? i knew how exactly and what to expect for every single frame i played thanks to just reading the wiki.

i have played 15 out of the 19 frames myself, and i agree with the list. and you know the funny part? i knew how exactly and what to expect for every single frame i played thanks to just reading the wiki.

Then you haven't played enough to know. Ash is one of the best frames for survivals now for example. Volt can be better than Frost in def etc etc. 

It's literally just a flamebait troll post, and it was moved to the feedback  category to do what? Anger more people?

It has no discussion, no actual feedback besides a no/yes/hell yes rating system that is based off of absolutely nothing perceptible. If it were any other thread, community moderators would be asking for more information and post content.

I guess pretty pictures and off-color references to sexual deviance is all it takes to get acceptance by DE community moderators; Yet again the company loses a few notches in my book.

On a related note, anyone else looking forward to Destiny beta in a few days?

Edited by RancidTurnip1603

Then you haven't played enough to know. Ash is one of the best frames for survivals now for example. Volt can be better than Frost in def etc etc. 

how can he be the best in survival if loki can do all he really can (become invisible) and then more (disarm enemies, lure them to a specific point while invisible with decoy. move teammates away from danger if downed, etc)

if you're gonna tell me "but bladestorm!" a single penta shot is better than bladestorm.

how can he be the best in survival if loki can do all he really can (become invisible) and then more (disarm enemies, lure them to a specific point while invisible with decoy. move teammates away from danger if downed, etc)

if you're gonna tell me "but bladestorm!" a single penta shot is better than bladestorm.

I was under the impression Ash had high armor or something.

*ahem*

One of excal's abilities can blind them, leaving them open to attacks (which can be easily done with a fast melee/firearm).

Saryn can do the same with one of her abilities (leaves a decoy for everyone to shoot at).

Don't try to make Loki some god of all frames. He isn't.

He's by far the most over-rated frame of all time.

I was under the impression Ash had high armor or something.

you missed the point that that chart isn't "how good are frames in general", any frame can cross all the starchart on it's own.

but when push comes to shove, when the difference between living and dying is a few stray bullets, you can't count on armor to save you, and both as loki and ash you should be avoiding getting hit at all costs. so the difference comes down to their abilities

*ahem*

One of excal's abilities can blind them, leaving them open to attacks (which can be easily done with a fast melee/firearm).

Saryn can do the same with one of her abilities (leaves a decoy for everyone to shoot at).

Don't try to make Loki some god of all frames. He isn't.

He's by far the most over-rated frame of all time.

i'll be honest, i love radial blind and think it's an amazing ability, but... it's excalibur's only saving grace. mind you i personally would bump him to approved just for it but i can understand that for some it's not enough. you could for example make a massive range vauban and throw a bastille, and it's gonna last longer and prevent enemies from moving. so he gets outclassed, or you just use radial disarm and now enemies PERMANENTLY can't use their weapons, and then everyone in your party just has to avoid being caught while running in circles

and just because saryn can do it doesn't mean loki can't, in fact let me flip the argument, loki can do the same with one of his abilities, he can put it far away from a safe place, while invisible.

stop seeing this "guide" as a "what to starchart with" if you're gonna starchart i'll just grab my ember, put world on fire on and walk to the extraction.

Edited by (PS4)CrimsonShinku

More damage and far better survivability. Ash is the only frame I could do 50 min T4 solo killing enemies so fast that I have excessive lifesupport and even mag leaders cant ruin the game.  Outdamaging Nova with Penta too in T4 def or intercept.

More damage and far better survivability. Ash is the only frame I could do 50 min T4 solo killing enemies so fast that I have excessive lifesupport and even mag leaders cant ruin the game.  Outdamaging Nova with Penta too in T4 def or intercept.

well i unfortunately don't have T4 yet, but my T3 experience with loki has been extremely good.

can't wait for the next update to spend my merched plat into loki prime. also that nova wasn't using antimatter drop right.

Edited by (PS4)CrimsonShinku

Eh... Ash, Banshee, Ember, Hydroid, Valkyr, and Zephyr should all be accepted.  They're all equal to the likes of Rhino.  Hell some are better.  They're underused by comparison, but it's not because they're not effective.

Best-sellers are pretty spot-on, though.

I'd put Hydroid and "Zepthyr" just below "approved"; Hydroid's Vauban's replacement for Infested Defenses, and Zephyr's the queen of Interceptions. Valkyr's got the last vestige of sustainable player invincibility, if useful for nothing more than reviving people who died before your armor wore out.

Granted, I expect the list is more discussing population trends than actual meta performance, and those mentioned are rarely seen regardless.

Strongly agreed for... basically everything else. Right down to the captions.

The sad fact is, Nova's the only successful damage frame we've seen. Most of the other "Rejected" frames bring primarily damage-focused skills and minor utility (like stuns) to the table.

And Scott's only plan to buff the damage-focused frames is to... give them more stuns. Charming, no?