Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rank Up Tests Failed, Again

Heliossting

Question

Someone out there who feels my pain, give me a hug. I have trained and retrained so many times so that i can hit lvl 8 and get my dragon nikana, but guess what, the wall run test is so hard to play. feelig like an extreme failure. From this event, i have something i want to recommend, maybe reducing the cooldown timer of the tests to 12 hours? Because at this rate, the 24 hours wait will anger people, and possibly cause people o start losing interest knowing that they are limited by a parkour test when most of the time parkour isnt even needed at all. Please, someone, help T.T

While a wait time is good in my opinion, forcing a failing player to think as opposed to trying the same test the same way repeatedly, I do agree that 24 hours is too long.  I'd even go as far as to say that just a 4 hour wait is enough time to at least get people to stop and really think about how and why they failed, if they indeed did.

Anyways, as for specific advice on that test is concerned.  Are you utilizing a keyboard + mouse or controller for it?  For the record, it's easily accomplishable with either once you get a knack for simultaneously aiming and wall running, a controller by no means makes this test harder.  As others have said, you can also just shoot the balls first, to make it just wall run chaining.  As well as also noted, doing a ground slam to prevent rolling down and off of the ending platforms.

The other option is just to utilize frame powers to your aid, it's no different than using Loki for the stealth test so if that's what you feel like doing go for it.  My personal favorite trick (that I didn't use) is to use Valkyr's Ripline ability.  If you hit a wall immediately after using it you'll auto-grab the wall, making swinging from wall to wall pretty easy.  Turns any wallrun based course into a cake walk.

While a wait time is good in my opinion, forcing a failing player to think as opposed to trying the same test the same way repeatedly, I do agree that 24 hours is too long.  I'd even go as far as to say that just a 4 hour wait is enough time to at least get people to stop and really think about how and why they failed, if they indeed did.

I once thought that failing a Mastery Test forces you to get the xp again. That's why I never failed a test ever.

The rank 8 test is downright ridiculous, but it is doable. The real test is it trying your patience.

The best thing to do is use a slow 'frame. My main issue in the test was the wall transitions. Using a slow 'frame, or even one with a hobbled key equipped can give you the time to think about what you're doing and make those transitions. Just don't use too slow a run speed or you won't be able to make the jumps.

For me, I used Saryn with marathon equipped. It took a few tries to get the speed just so, but then it was relatively easy to pass.

Yeah take your time. There are vids out there with guys blasting the orbs as their running across the platforms (looking pretty bad@$$ I might add), but you don't have to do that. You can walk to the edge of the platforms and the next orb (and even the second, I don't remember) will pop up and you can shoot them before you start wall running.

Slower frame with stamina mod as the others said is the way to go. Failed the first go through myself

Someone out there who feels my pain, give me a hug. I have trained and retrained so many times so that i can hit lvl 8 and get my dragon nikana, but guess what, the wall run test is so hard to play. feelig like an extreme failure. From this event, i have something i want to recommend, maybe reducing the cooldown timer of the tests to 12 hours? Because at this rate, the 24 hours wait will anger people, and possibly cause people o start losing interest knowing that they are limited by a parkour test when most of the time parkour isnt even needed at all. Please, someone, help T.T

I failed on it twice. Then i switched from my xbox controller to mouse and keyboard and did if first time. Also, use something like an ignis to shoot the orbs, as you dont need to aim.

Much thanks guys, and just so that certain person out there knows, this is the first time i failed a test because i had no clue what it was. My main problem here is the two side wall transitions, where after running on one wall, when i switch over to the other wall, my frame climbs up instead opf running across like a boss. Sigh......