Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Don't We Get Rid Of Melee Mode All Together?

SirGhosty

Crappy/Crippled inputs? I disagree.

Let's agree to not agree with each other.

I don't want to argue about it because I've made my point with the first post and I won't step away from it. I appreciate all the work that DE put into it, but the way it is now just doesn't fit me.

Edited by MeduSalem

You know I have no problem conceding graphical and processing power to PC but I think you are confusing personal preference of controls to actual superiority. I don't think controller is better than Keyboard and mouse, I just prefer it. Also it seems a decent number of people now PC game using a controller so you would also have to take them into consideration when you are adjusting any control scheme.

Usually I do game with a controller and prefer it actually. But this isn't really about preference, it's about options. 

A keyboard and mouse gives more options over a controller and can accommodate better or a more complex control system given a little thought.

Although potentially a controller could do better, if it made use of ring and pinky fingers. Sadly that's not something that can be so easily done by game developers unlike with a pc. 

Yeah, but we don't give the other students different conditions to succeed.

Not everyone functions the same, different conditions to succeed are sometimes necessary but sadly are overlooked in current educational systems. Just because we do something, doesn't necessarily make it right or the best way to do things.

Edited by LukeAura

What we need is the ability to shoot our guns when in melee mode similar how we can use melee in gun mode.  Right now anything that is not on our level in a 3 dimensional axis, we cannot hit unless we some how get onto the same plane as that enemy (ospreys for instance). 

I think that if you switch to Melee mode by holding 'F' , you should be able to use left click for melee instead of it always being 'E'.

That's already possible... you can re-assign your keybindings for melee-mode to be on the left mouse button rather than E like Quick melee.

What we need is the ability to shoot our guns when in melee mode similar how we can use melee in gun mode.  Right now anything that is not on our level in a 3 dimensional axis, we cannot hit unless we some how get onto the same plane as that enemy (ospreys for instance). 

But also crawlers when not using ground slam. You'll nearly never hit them by buttonmashing. xD

Edited by MeduSalem

And I'd like a pet dragon that cooks steak by breathing fire so I don't have to wait for it to cook in the oven

you cook steaks in the oven ... HERESY!!! pan fry a steak - possibly into the oven to finish for a few minutes if you must ...

sorry for off topic, i would also like a pet dragon to cook up my food though :P

laters

Monk

You know I have no problem conceding graphical and processing power to PC but I think you are confusing personal preference of controls to actual superiority. I don't think controller is better than Keyboard and mouse, I just prefer it. Also it seems a decent number of people now PC game using a controller so you would also have to take them into consideration when you are adjusting any control scheme.

Normally I'm all for the 'different strokes for different folks' thing, but in this situation I have to disagree. The Mouse and Keyboard control set up is by far the superior choice (when you are only given the choice of M/Kb or gamepad). The standard keyboard offers more buttons (and therefore gives you more choice in games that allow rebinding of keys) and the mouse is far more accurate than a analog stick. The only times I can think of a gamepad being the clear choice are those times when you feel like just laying down (in some strange position) while gaming. Using a M/Kb while laying on your side is rather difficult (doable, but difficult).

I do not think DE should limit control options just because some players may not want to/be able to use a M/Kb. Just as DE didn't restrict my ability to bind roll, toggle sprint, and toggle crouch to additional keys just because playstation or Xbox players wouldn't have enough buttons to do the same.

Usually I do game with a controller and prefer it actually. But this isn't really about preference, it's about options. 

A keyboard and mouse gives more options over a controller and can accommodate better or a more complex control system given a little thought.

Although potentially a controller could do better, if it made use of ring and pinky fingers. Sadly that's not something that can be so easily done by game developers unlike with a pc. 

Not everyone functions the same, different conditions to succeed are sometimes necessary but sadly are overlooked in current educational systems. Just because we do something, doesn't necessarily make it right or the best way to do things.

What's right and what's best varies depending on the circumstances and person to person.