Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nova Immortal Skin

jimhowses

I think some of the immortal skins were changed in the most recent hotfix. I play nova abit and I noticed that her skin was changed.

The old one looked like this.

vjQt4E9.jpg?1

The new one looks like this.

ohmtf7m.jpg?1

Was this intentional? Honestly, I much prefer her old immortal skin. I think the new one splatters colors in the wrong places. I liked the subtle patterns of the old skin but I don't think I would have spent plat on this new version.

Was this intentional? Honestly, I much prefer her old immortal skin. I think the new one splatters colors in the wrong places. I liked the subtle patterns of the old skin but I don't think I would have spent plat on this new version.

I like the changes on the left arm, but overall I like the old one better as well. I think the legs might be bugged. I remember her immortal skin looked a bit like the second image when it was first released but then they fixed it. Now they seem to have reverted it back to the old "bugged" version.

Yep, that's... very different.
Now do I have any old pics of Nova... no, of course I don't.

I can't say that I dislike this new version, mind you.

-----

I have noticed that the Rubedo-plated Yamako syandana is in the wrong place on Nova, though.

Edited by LoopStricken

I liked the first implementation of it most, I could create pure black and have that mesh stay white due to some overlay bug that they had, can't do that anymore since it colors together with the frame now :/ But yeah prefer the previous one.

I think I like the new one more. It has more going on. And if the legs are bugged, it's an unusually symmetrical bug that really doesn't look bad at all.

All my opinion, of course.

I meant a bug on the texture creation process or on the model's material. Some silly little detail that they might have overlooked. But I'm also just guessing. The immortal skins have a style that is naturally "messy". So maybe they just decided to give Nova's skin a little bit more of that.

But I wish they would stop changing skins that already look good and spend that time working on new ones instead. It's not really nice when you spend money on a cosmetic and that cosmetic gets changed for no real reason. Cosmetics don't really need to be "re-balanced".

So they decide to "fix" the skin months after it became available in the market?

But I wish they would stop changing skins that already look good and spend that time working on new ones instead. It's not really nice when you spend money on a cosmetic and that cosmetic gets changed for no real reason. Cosmetics don't really need to be "re-balanced".

This is what I'm irritated about. The skin was released in update 12. This "fix" occurred 4 months later. The majority of people bought it expecting the old look and although some people like the change, it was unnecessary and annoys the people who liked it before.

As mentioned it seemed to be a bug and I'm glad they fixed it as the colour smothered legs came across as odd to me. Looks better but in all honesty, the colour combination being used by yourself doesn't took too great anyways, which is why it may not look as good. Try switching around, you may end up with something else that you like. I know I have in the past.

Edited by Naith

Guys, the frame's now so overloaded with scribbles all over it, it looks like a 3yo kid of one of the DEs found the model textures, opened it in paint, and had one hell of a time with it.

Can't you see how well fixed it is...?

So they decide to "fix" the skin months after it became available in the market?

This is what I'm irritated about. The skin was released in update 12. This "fix" occurred 4 months later. The majority of people bought it expecting the old look and although some people like the change, it was unnecessary and annoys the people who liked it before.

I spoke to Draice (from DE) about this. He told me that Nova's Immortal was the only skin that was released incorrectly due to a problem when exporting her textures. He also said that there won't be any more changes to any other skin and that Nova was a unique case.

I suggested that players could perhaps be given the option to choose which version of the cosmetic they want to use. He said he'll give it a shot, but I think it's not entirely up to him.

As Delines posted, people were already complaining about the difference between the in-game skin and the advertised version on the cosmetic pack image. So this is not something DE could simply ignore as I believe it could be pointed out as false advertising. For those (like me) who still like the bugged version of Nova's skin better, let's just hope that DE can arrange it so that we get to choose which version we want to use.

And it uses tint 4 to color the "unpainted" exposed inner bits now. And since the inner bits are darker.. the color you pick gets... well see it for yourself. The "veins/tubes" are using tint 4.. and the inner bits near it are... way darker <.<

s0H8ywa.png?1

Honestly I'd rather have it kept unpainted as the "bugged/old" skin or the non skinned, vanilla Nova.

As Delines posted, people were already complaining about the difference between the in-game skin and the advertised version on the cosmetic pack image. So this is not something DE could simply ignore as I believe it could be pointed out as false advertising. For those (like me) who still like the bugged version of Nova's skin better, let's just hope that DE can arrange it so that we get to choose which version we want to use.

If people were complaining that the "bugged" skin was false advertising, isn't this change false advertising for the people who paid for the old skin? I look at the my cosmetics in the appearance section before buying and that is what I expect to get. I thought the advertised picture was just to get a general idea of what it should look like.

I paid because I liked the old skin and I don't think they should have changed it months later.

If people were complaining that the "bugged" skin was false advertising, isn't this change false advertising for the people who paid for the old skin? I look at the my cosmetics in the appearance section before buying and that is what I expect to get. I thought the advertised picture was just to get a general idea of what it should look like.

I paid because I liked the old skin and I don't think they should have changed it months later.

I'm not knowledgeable enough to tell you whether it is the same thing or not. But I have the feeling that those are two very different situations.

Be it as it may, DE was going to let some players down one way or the other. Some players want the bugged version while other players want the fixed version. You and I just happened to be part of the unlucky group. The only way to please all players is by allowing us to choose which version we want to use, which was my suggestion to Draice.

Yeah, I am yet another one who is not pleased with the "correct" skin, it just looks messy to my eyes. I bought the skin because of how it looked when it was "bugged" (which I didn't even know it was) and now will have to forever unequip it.