Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do You Ever Hold Back Your Dps?

TheGuy08

Not talked about much, but I suspect other players do this as well sometimes. So the real question is do you ever not, "give your all" so that you do not run all over other players who might not be as geared or might b!tch if you did?

Have to do this sometimes so I don't feel bad.

Like with Mag's Pull in the earlier planets of Corpus. You can literally take out an entire wave on Defense with one pull, rendering the rest of the team obsolete. I don't do it unless S#&$ seriously hits the fan.

Always...

I'm not using my Warframe abilities for that reason. I start using them when I notice the squad gets in trouble, after a certain enemy-level I start to spam as well because it takes every bit of damage to get rid of the enemies anyways.

Also I'm mostly equipped with level gear, but I've always one weapon with me that's near to maxed out with only a few levels to go, just in case I - or better the team - needs the extra firepower.

If we tend to go high level than I take maxed out gear with me, because I don't want to be a handicap to the team. But that's something my mates and me agree on before we start the mission.

Edited by MeduSalem

I'm Rank 15 and I have a large collection of weapons. Many are obsolete but I kept them because I like them. I don't like them gathering dust!

Also, if I'm running a mission with low level Tenno I'm not going to be "that guy" - I definitely want to make sure everyone is having fun. Therefore I try not to clear entire rooms or super rush and the like.

Always...

I'm not using my Warframe abilities for that reason. I start using them when I notice the squad gets in trouble, after a certain enemy-level I start to spam as well because it takes every bit of damage to get rid of the enemies anyways.

Also I'm mostly equipped with level gear, but I've always one weapon with me that's near to maxed out with only a few levels to go, just in case I - or better the team - needs the extra firepower.

If we tend to go high level than I take maxed out gear with me, because I don't want to be a handicap to the team. But that's something my mates and me agree on before we start the mission.

You said it perfectly mate

Edited by WubbaDubDub

Not talked about much, but I suspect other players do this as well sometimes. So the real question is do you ever not, "give your all" so that you do not run all over other players who might not be as geared or might b!tch if you did?

Yeah, I do that a lot. On both high level missions and low level ones. It makes it all more interesting for others and more challenging for me as well. Warframe becomes a very different game when players choose not to instantly vaporize everything they see.

One time I went too trigger happy with my Penta and the host rage quit at the 3 minute mark on tower t2 survival..

He must have been seriously angry to burn a key like that..

Probably. Though, you did say "One time", so I wonder how long ago was this, if it was before PS4's u13.7, he kept the key.

One time I went too trigger happy with my Penta and the host rage quit at the 3 minute mark on tower t2 survival..

He must have been seriously angry to burn a key like that..

I will not deny on survival I wont hold back DPS no matter their Tier. I once did it in T1 and we just weren't killing fast enough and no Nekro in sight. We literally ran out of Life Support before the 15 minute mark. 

I wont sprint and will commonly tone back. I tend to be a bit of a hoarder so I do all the infestations and such for fieldrons and masses and they are usually on the "noob" planets. But my mods are all upgraded near full, I have my favorites for weapons. And if i went off, it would not be fun for anyone else. 

I look at it this way... I would not be happy to see some one that belongs in Venus in Ceres, so I should not abuse being one that belongs in Ceres. 

Yes if I'm taxiing peeps, looks at load out, I just let them have fun. If they die to much that's when I step up. But mostly they can decimate the opposition.

When I see someone melee only load out, I melee too.

I don't do this on invasion tho, to repetitive to care.

yes, but only in the most douchey way possible. 

If the mission is well in hand I'll spend it kind of futzing around practicing parkour and occasionally shooting at things. At some point I will clear an entire room with my might tenno space-****, but only if everyone on the team can see me do it. Then I will stand there for a bit posing. Then I will move on once I am satisfied that everyone saw how magnificent I am.