Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Role Of Children In Corpus Society

SirAuron

Well, not all videos game looking at South Park, TERA(Witch children(students)in the academy), player controlled children, Bioshock, Ancient fallout games, etc. How many people have purposely died in Walking Dead or let the little girl die and watch it on youtube w/o the bleeding heart feelings.

They would be hard to kill since they run fast and you'd rarely kill them since they hit ya once in run.

Deus Ex (poor kids on street) 
Deus Ex 2 (can wipe out an entire school of children) 
Baldurs Gate/Baldurs Gate 2 (kids all over towns) 
Fallout/Fallout 2 (kids all over towns in American version) 
Dantes Inferno (kind of, demon aborted babies) 
Star Wars Phantom Menace (in the podrace level)You can kill as many kids as you can find in the Mos Espa level
Dead Space 2 (sort of, exploding babies, it's fun to kill them with their own cribs in their nursery) 
Bioshock (can harvest the girls)
Fallout 3 (sort of, you can blow up Megaton)
Jagged Alliance (I have heard, but never played it)
Prey (I don't think you can kill them but you watch a young boy and girl, the girl gets possessed and kills the boy, I think he explodes)
Painkiller Battle Out of Hell (never played it but you are able to kill young girls)

Edited by SirAuron

Well, not all videos game looking at South Park, TERA, player controlled children, etc.

They would be hard to kill since they run fast and you'd rarely kill them since they hit ya once in run.

I don't think Elins on Tera were litterly children

The children are stored in containers untill they fullfill they complete their education on a little console.

Then they are given prods and ordered to charge at murderous space ninjas or grineer. If any of them survives a Tenno encounter they are instantly promoted Techs, Elites or Snipers, Killing a grineer just gets you a Dera and a 2 credit pay raise as part of the promotion into Crewman.

But a child character has been introduced in Vindictus and you know how bloody that game is and then there is dungeon fighter online with child mages, also a bloody game.

Edited by SirAuron

No matter how you look at it, Elins are kids. They just added a story to cover it up.

This is a reply I'd expect from Tera if they ever got sued for it: "Yeah, but did you read the game story? It's not what you think it is according to the story that we wrote ourselves."

Not that I have anything against it. Just pointing it out.

I don't really care what gets added into a virtual world.

I'm not sure why you're defending the murder of children, but again: It's somewhat frowned upon in video games.

Was correcting you and I Don't see an issue with killing children(virtual space). No one else here seems to have an opinion on it.

But you would defend the murder of men and women...especially women.

Edited by SirAuron

No matter how you look at it, Elins are kids. They just added a story to cover it up.

This is a reply I'd expect from Tera if they ever got sued for it: "Yeah, but did you read the game story? It's not what you think it is according to the story that we wrote ourselves."

I wasn't aware of that. I don't care though, children or not :P But thanks for enlightening me good sir

Elins are kids. They just added a story to cover it up.

We are as Mayflys. Heard of that term? I though Elins had their own society and whatnot. I could treat someone based on what age they look like, but it doesn't make it right. It's just plain rude to do so at times.

Edited by PeripheralVisionary

Was correcting you and I Don't see an issue with killing children(virtual space). No one else here seems to have an opinion on it.

But you would defend the murder of men and women...especially women.

Because irl, killing a child is enough to constitute a death penalty case. Crime against children are universally regarded as being more of a wrong than a crime against adults. I mean, if the Tenno kill children, wouldn't that paint us as Iunno...mass murderers and immoral killing machines? Think of Tenno honor.

Edited by PeripheralVisionary

Because irl, killing a child is enough to constitute a death penalty case. Crime against children are universally regarded as being more of a wrong than a crime against adults. I mean, if the Tenno kill children, wouldn't that paint us as Iunno...mass murderers and immoral killing machines? Think of Tenno honor.

Evil children are enemies too. If you have to kill a child to save a life then so be it. The honor would still be intact. Imagine all the horrific things they are capable of.

Edited by SirAuron