The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Looorreeee

DirkDeadeye

I had a thought. How is it that our bladed weapons can cut through armor as advanced as what is in the lore? Normally it wouldn't be possible or at the very least very difficult.

Maybe they vibrate/move at a high frequency?

Maybe they have monomolecular edges or something like that?

I read: I'm too incompetent to articulate my own opinions or knowledge of factual imput (which is barely a paperback book worth of lore) so I'll be a me-too and type out this response in an attempt to look like i'm some kind of swinging d.

You're describing yourself.

Stalker armour

Theory one: The helmet changes due to general wear and tear over decades. The red is from the blood of his fallen enemies.

Theory two: Over the decades the suit has been modified so much that the original frame is barely recognisable.

Theory three: The markings on the stalker armour are all ceremonial and the red is from burying/cremating/ritual for disposing of dead bodies of the fallen orokin people.

Edited by Postal_pat

I had a thought. How is it that our bladed weapons can cut through armor as advanced as what is in the lore? Normally it wouldn't be possible or at the very least very difficult.

Maybe they vibrate/move at a high frequency?

So... vibroblades ala Star Wars? 

I like that. 

Stalker armour

Theory one: The helmet changes due to general wear and tear over decades. The red is from the blood of his fallen enemies.

Theory two: Over the decades the suit has been modified so much.

Theory three: The markings on the stalker armour are all ceremonial and the red is from burying/cremating/ritual for disposing of dead bodies, the fallen orokin people.

I'd say theory two is the best guess, it makes sense that he'd modify his gear to hunt his greatest enemy.

The warframes are a skin put on the Tenno soldiers, so yes, it was the first warframe.

Also we do not know how ge got a warframe, however, going off the fact he wears one, and has powers would mean he would have to have been warped by the void as the warframes are only "a conduit of their affliction" meaning the frames just channel and allow control of the powers of the void. He would have to be technocyte immune as the suits are associated with the virus and if not immune it the virus destroys you.

So from this the stalker could either take and wear one (corpus can't as they will be destroyed by the virus and cannot wield the void powers) or, the stalker some how built his own.

Either way we no not actually know.

Then, how can you dismiss my theories? What, because the powers that be sort of just tell you 'he was the first'. You're going to bind yourself to just that. I mean look at the way the bible was written. The canon they chose to compose the bible as we know it. You're telling me that you're not a free thinker. If that's the case just tell me now. And we can move on. I've asked that of you guys. All of you several times.

Stalker armour

Theory two: Over the decades the suit has been modified so much.

Theory three: The markings on the stalker armour are all ceremonial and the red is from burying/cremating/ritual for disposing of dead bodies, the fallen orokin people.

Look at it. It looks nothing like the standard Excalibur helmet. Absolutely nothing like it. That's not wear and tear. It's a different helmet. And if you look at the body, there is no doubt that it is Excalibur. That's what it is unless DE decides to give him a unique body. If they do, then it'll be his own creation. Until then, it's the Excalibur frame with a different head. As for the different abilities, I think it's been modified. It's not odd when you consider that the Corpus, Grineer, and Infested have dumb Eximus guys that use powers. As for the red, yeah, probably signifies blood.

Still is ridiculous to have these Eximus enemies in the game that use mods, yet the Tenno can use mods from other frames. It'd be better if they'd turned these Eximus into other Stalkers that use different mods.

Then, how can you dismiss my theories? What, because the powers that be sort of just tell you 'he was the first'. You're going to bind yourself to just that. I mean look at the way the bible was written. The canon they chose to compose the bible as we know it. You're telling me that you're not a free thinker. If that's the case just tell me now. And we can move on. I've asked that of you guys. All of you several times.

Because you're wrong on a lot of things. You're dismissing facts because you don't have 100% of them.

Game lore and the bible are two COMPLETELY different things. When a video game tells me "this is how it is in our story" generally that's how it is. 

DirkDeadeye, the things I and others have said are fact, are fact. Accept those, as they come straight from simple comprehension of the Codex pages. For stuff like when/how the Stalker gets his Warframe and weapons, we don't know that. Just accept that you're not going to get a concrete answer on those things because those things aren't in the Codex. But other things are. Anyway, I'm done trying to teach you how to comprehend what you read. It's late where I am, and I'm headed to bed. For the rest of you, thanks for a good discussion.

Same goes both ways. You can't tell me with any certaintly how he came to be.

We can tell you logically when he existed in relation to the Tenno with what facts we have at our disposal.

Tenno were made to combat Sentients. We know that.

Stalker isn't even mentioned until the end of the war. How exactly could you logically think he was the first one to wear a warframe?

DirkDeadeye, the things I and others have said are fact, are fact. Accept those, as they come straight from simple comprehension of the Codex pages. For stuff like when/how the Stalker gets his Warframe and weapons, we don't know that. Just accept that you're not going to get a concrete answer on those things because those things aren't in the Codex. But other things are. Anyway, I'm done trying to teach you how to comprehend what you read. It's late where I am, and I'm headed to bed. For the rest of you, thanks for a good discussion.

I prefer to have an imagination rather than stick to what people have written for me. Thanks.

I prefer to have an imagination rather than stick to what people have written for me. Thanks.

Then go write a book. Lore is there to tell you what is happening, not to allow you to imagine what happened on your own.

Edited by Ionus

Well, for one thing, imagination tends to have a base of facts. 

So if you do not acknowledge the official lore (the ones in the codex and the events, at any rate), then your imagination might as well be hot air. 

We can tell you logically when he existed in relation to the Tenno with what facts we have at our disposal.

Tenno were made to combat Sentients. We know that.

Stalker isn't even mentioned until the end of the war. How exactly could you logically think he was the first one to wear a warframe?

Because there is no timeline as to when he donned the warframe.

Or where he got it.

If he stole it.

And if he stole it how was he capable of using it.

If he was given it, or sent to the void, when?

Or if he was an experiment leading up to the creation of warframes.

These things are not explained.

It's that simple.