Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Do You Guys Think We Are Getting In Wednesday's Hotfix? (The 13.10? Anticipation Megathread)

Demoonic

Due to the PWE take over, Tenno reinforcements will be replaced with weekly new lock-boxes "possibly" containing the new reinforcement items. 

Seeing as players found they logged on for Wednesdays leveled the weapon to max then logged off we decided to shake things up. By hiding the reinforcement behind an RNG wall we think this will keep players engaged for longer as they attempt to get their hands on the new item. 

We feel this will help player engagement and retention greatly. 

I may be a slowpoke, but 13.10 = 13.1...  We're going backwards?  Dat Updateception...  XD

Software versioning doesn't work like that, friend.

Major update.Minor update.Patch.Hotfix

Considering that, we could go all the way up to 13.99 and beyond if DE wanted.

The U14 ship is still under construction this week, but when it is ready, there will be no doubts, no questions, about its arrival.

You will know.

I am so irked right now. What happened to the motto of putting bugged updates and letting us decide what's there to fix lol.

Edited by rangeless

Software versioning doesn't work like that, friend.

Major update.Minor update.Patch.Hotfix

Considering that, we could go all the way up to 13.99 and beyond if DE wanted.

yah yah...  i'm totally aware of that..  but fact still remains 13.10 = 13.1 not 13.9.1 or 13.9.03...  That's what I said in my post.  13.99 is higher than 13.9.02, 13.10 is not higher than 13.9.02 which is the current build, so we would in fact be going backwards.

13.10 is 13.1 which was released several weeks ago and 13.11 would be a patch in between 13.1 and 13.2, etc.

lol.

=)

yah yah...  i'm totally aware of that..  but fact still remains 13.10 = 13.1 not 13.9.1 or 13.9.03...  That's what I said in my post.  13.99 is higher than 13.9.02, 13.10 is not higher than 13.9.02 which is the current build, so we would in fact be going backwards.

13.10 is 13.1 which was released several weeks ago and 13.11 would be a patch in between 13.1 and 13.2, etc.

lol.

=)

I was unaware that software versioning had set rules that couldn't be overridden with internal policy. You know like every naming convention ever created. I think the point I'm trying to make is that it's entirely arbitrary regardless of what convention or guidelines might exist.

I was unaware that software versioning had set rules that couldn't be overridden with internal policy. You know like every naming convention ever created. I think the point I'm trying to make is that it's entirely arbitrary regardless of what convention or guidelines might exist.

I suppose so, but I think anyone in their right mind using NUMBERS would do so in a way that makes sense, rather than cryptically or in a nonsensical way.  I mean if people have to take training courses to retrain themselves on what the numbers mean, then why use numbers at all?  why not symbols then?

lol.

Edited by sushidubya

I suppose so, but I think anyone in their right mind using NUMBERS would do so in a way that makes sense, rather than cryptically or in a nonsensical way.  I mean if people have to take training courses to retrain themselves on what the numbers mean, then why use numbers at all?  why not symbols then?

lol.

Yes but it can still be defined as xx. <major revision xx. <minor revision xx. <hotfix making 13.11.1 a perfectly viable and understandable option that is not between 13.1.0 and 13.2.0. Symbols such as A B and C also have an accepted order and would in fact work just as well. See J.OP.ZZ which would be quite a ways along. (and had a lot of hotfixes)

Yes but it can still be defined as xx. <major revision xx. <minor revision xx. <hotfix making 13.11.1 a perfectly viable and understandable option that is not between 13.1.0 and 13.2.0. Symbols such as A B and C also have an accepted order and would in fact work just as well. See J.OP.ZZ which would be quite a ways along. (and had a lot of hotfixes)

I understand what you've written here, and I suppose IF that's how they do it then great, but I think we've put too much effort in (arguing?) discussing numbering of updates.  lol.

13.10 being higher than 13.9 is a strange for me and I don't think I'm alone in feeling that way, but I understand your point completely.

I understand what you've written here, and I suppose IF that's how they do it then great, but I think we've put too much effort in (arguing?) discussing numbering of updates.  lol.

13.10 being higher than 13.9 is a strange for me and I don't think I'm alone in feeling that way, but I understand your point completely.

I don't understand how you see thirteen point ten being the same as thirteen point one makes sense to me.

oh and todays update will bring a lack of players due to the pwe announcement.

Edited by spacedkadet

System is using a period instead of a comma. You are thinking it as an number. 13.1 and 13.10 are not the same. Just like noting calendar date of 1.1 (Jan 1st) is not the same as 1.10 (Jan 10th).

A height of 5'1" is not the same as 5'10", yet you are seeing 5.1 and 5.10 as the same.

I don't understand how you see thirteen point ten being the same as thirteen point one makes sense to me.

oh and todays update will bring a lack of players due to the pwe announcement.

Yeah it's the same way as how 13.10 can be read as thirteen point one zero and thirteen point one (omitting the zero as it has no significance)...  but alas that is basic mathematics and numbers and we're all too intelligent for that here in these forums.

It was already beaten to death with another poster above, and I understood his/her points so...  Do you have anything better to nit-pick with me today?

Edited by sushidubya

System is using a period instead of a comma. You are thinking it as an number. 13.1 and 13.10 are not the same. Just like noting calendar date of 1.1 (Jan 1st) is not the same as 1.10 (Jan 10th).

A height of 5'1" is not the same as 5'10", yet you are seeing 5.1 and 5.10 as the same.

That example of 5'1" vs 5'10" isn't a very good one, but I've already acknowledged that I have no trouble understanding what all you good people are trying to say here.

I admire your passion on the issue and thank you for making the world a better place now with your kind efforts in educating me.

But 5.10 and 5.1 are the same in mathematical and numerical terms.  Let's not continue this, as both my interpretation of numbers and your understanding of the use of numbers as naming conventions can both be applied.

Most of all...

[size=8]It's not a big deal.[/size]