The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Please Please Do Not Do Business With Perfect World (Mega/hyper/ultrathread)

wendiGhoul

I really wish people would stop saying "don't play! don't buy plat!". That's the BEST way to ensure DE gets bought.

Why? Because a company buys something based on the value of it. If the income PLUNGES and the player base PLUNGES, the value of the company that just lost all that income and customer base PLUNGES, which means it's MUCH cheaper for the people who want to buy it out.

So yes, if you try to fight PW by boycotting DE, you're going to make them easier for PW to buy. Worse, because DE will be facing shortages of income and loss of player base, if anyone on the board WANTED to "tough it out" or "ignore the offer", they CAN'T, because their business is tanking, and if they don't take the offer now, they may never have  a chance to.

If anything, the best way to fight PW is to make warframe SO BIG it cannot be bought. It's how Disney avoided comcast's attempt to buy it--they purposely, rapidly inflated their business, tripling their share value. CC could afford to buy Disney at the stock price it had when they approached it, but at the tripled value, it would cost them more than they could ever hope to make back. Same deal here: We all know PW would kill the game, but we also know they expect some return on investment before it dies, and they're gambling it'll be good. If DE costs more to buy than they could ever hope to gain by killing it, then they have to retract their offer.

Yes, but we don't exactly know how to do such within a short timespan. I'm not really sure how much time we have, even.

Edited by MageMeat

All outstanding shares is all unrestricted/floating shares. Not 100% of the shares.

If DE keeps 95% of shares restricted, that means "all outstanding shares" is limited to the unrestricted 5%.

Floating shares are unrestricted shares :|

Considering the whole point of selling shares is to get capital it's very unlikely that a successful company would be restricting so many shares.  A lot of news sites are reporting this as an acquisition for a reason.

Do a google news search on "bought outstanding shares" and try and find an instance where the company is merely being invested in.

Edited by Aggh

Seems Nugget_ tried in vain.....

Ah well, you tried buddy.... you tried to get them to change.

Really is a shame.

I heard about all this Perfect World drama, and decided to check it out for myself.

I'm not a fan of Warframe, or DE, at this point, but being acquired by Perfect World is something I wouldn't wish for any game out there, especially Warframe, which is a game I always wanted to see succeed.

Ah well, heading back to Final Fantasy XIV guys!

Give DE some time to react properly, you don't know who has a say in this and DE surely doesn't want to give a rushed halfbaked answer. A simple yes or no might not be an accurate answer, so a little bit patience can't hurt.

Well, there are real legal issues concerning what you can and not say surrounding this sort of thing.

But...honestly, that it's been considered is pretty damaging. This isn't a "no offence" thing either.

Edited by DawnFalcon

I think all we can do right now is just wait for an official statement. Let's not start crafting pipebombs and whatnot.

This is a pretty horrifying turn of events, but we frankly don't know enough about it to come up with a conclusion.

Well Tenno, i bid you all farewell for now. I'm off to bed and i can harldy wait for what tomorrow has to offer.
Here is a song to help you keep a cool head and relax a little bit.

Good luck to us all...

Maybe we should ask ourselfs why DE became DE LTD....

Maybe we should ask DE why they became a LTD company around two weeks ago.

Should we ask if this has something to do with the shi* that is going on here today?

f68de7d93e7fc459c3649d2a96a2a71b.png

So if anything then nothings wrong here and DE wont change anything.

YS19e5E.png

6kGGbO9.png

8FxeXqc.png

SWEET SCABBY FOOTHOLES OF JESUS CHRIST. I hope I'm not here too late!

For those of you that know me, hello it's good to see you. For those of you that don't have a god damned clue as to who I am, which will not surprise me in the slightest, I am DaddyPain. I have ventured from the lands of games long past... forgotten, destroyed or removed. More specifically I herald from Blacklight: Retribution.

Now those of you that played BL:R early on know how mind numblingly, banana peelingly good BL:R was , in beta and beyond. But if you stayed around for long enough, you, like me, are fully aware as to the horrors that being hand in hand with PWE can cause. PWE force updates to choke. As in they with hold content for weeks. Months even. Until they decide they've milked out the current stuff they had already released. Want a new gun? Good luck, they'll throw that in a chance pack with maybe 5% chance to actually get it, and instead, you'll get a truck tonne of crappy nodes/fussion cores/mods WHATEVER.
Want a new Warframe? Good luck with that too. You thought the guns were hard to get? Try reducing the chance of getting it to about 2% for the Warframe. And in between? Even more nodes/cores/mods.  They will do this with almost every single piece of gear that gets queued up. What's that? There's an issue? No worries DE have it hotfixed.... Then PWE updates the game 4 weeks later to apply it, when DE would normally apply it instantly.

This, ladies and gentlemen is literally the very tip of the Iceberg in regards to the faffing about PWE will cause on both forums and game. Like being out spoken and speaking your mind in regards to changes and how things are going?
Get the hell outa here. The Grorius Peepurrs Repubric of Chinurr  will remove, delete, omit your posts, and you will be banned for the pleasure of thinking for yourself.

I am not willing to allow myself to see a promising, glorious game, once again get boned by a plethora of a**eholes that can't even be bothered with it other than to milk as much money from it as possible with no regard for the player base.

As a Grandmaster, and being someone that has bought all three Prime Packs, as well as supported this game through and through it's growth, even going so far as to advertise it in my Store no less, if this deal goes through in any degree, I will instantly, without hesitation, throw the god damned towel in.

DE, if you are reading this post, I urge you to do your homework on this absolutely abysmal company before you sign anything over. It is nothing, NOTHING but bad mojo and bull-dookie.

tl;dr  This is basically what is going to happen to Warframe if PWE gets it's grubby hands on it.
wZ5TdLv.png

Honestly, I hope PW DOES buy Warframe. Ive loved PW for ages. Been with them for PWs early days, then Jade Dynasty<3 I see no way this could end up bad. More funding for DE, better updates, less bugs due to massive team,more "balance", the list literaly could go on and on.

Two words: Blacklight: Retribution.

Go look up the game if you don't know about it. That game is literally handled the opposite way Warframe is.

All outstanding shares is all unrestricted/floating shares. Not 100% of the shares.

If DE keeps 95% of shares restricted, that means "all outstanding shares" is limited to the unrestricted 5%.

The day I see I a perfect world logo or hear perfect world influences any decision making is the day I leave warframe forever. Me and my EVE corporation would play this game in our down time and we've bought a great deal of platinum. If this goes through I can personally guarentee that all of us will look for a different game and never look back.

Frack lockboxes.

Alright, let's get this really really laser-vector hitscan straight: Corporate DE making the decisions is not Studio DE that develops the game. They are not the same. Steve is not making the decision. Rebecca is not making the decision. Skree is making the decision but not as Skree but rather through advanced modification of the Technocyte virus to permanently crash PW and PWE. cDE =/= sDE

This point won't stick. I've made a few half-hearted attempts, but the ignorance is strong. I've given up, but you can take all my fucks. I was foolish with too many of them and I no longer trust myself with them.

Floating shares are unrestricted shares :|

Considering the whole point of selling shares is to get capital it's very unlikely that a successful company would be restricting so many shares.  A lot of news sites are reporting this as an acquisition for a reason.

All the news I've seen on this acquisition have only cited this thread as a source. So it's still not 100% confirmed...

The levels of speculation on this tread are high as snoop dogg. CALM DOWN PEOPLE, just wait 'till an official announce comes. Warframe is a good game, hope it won't get turned into a SUPER/HYPER/ULTRA Grindfarm.

CRATESCRATESCRATES