The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Please Please Do Not Do Business With Perfect World (Mega/hyper/ultrathread)

wendiGhoul

I have already advised my clanmates and alliance members(around 3000 players) to stop buying platinum until DE's official response about this.

We are very familiar with PW's capability of turning awesome games into mindless money sinks. So it is better to stop paying for a would be money-sink game sooner than later. We will resume our normal platinum purchase when DE denies PW's investment or when we are made sure PW's involvement will not affect the future development of Warframe(might take a few month).

Just like my alliance leader Lvyshalker says, Perfect World‘s games, such as Jade Dynasty, have all been turned into money sinks. Except Dota2. Valve has enough power to restrict PW's tricks, but I doubt if DE has the same power as valve.

Please do not do any business with Chinese companies, because they are going to destroy the game. Maybe several years later they may become better, but I sincerely beg you to cancel this plan as soon as possible. I believe that most Chinese players share the same idea with me.

BUISNESS TALK

Hmm reading over the information I am not entirely sure we actually need to be all that worried.

It seems to state that they intend to buy any outstanding shares, meaning that they will own a portion of the interests in the company. The precise percentage of ownership is not stated. At anything below a 10% means they really have no say in the direction the company is taking, and even if more than this was owned a majority vote is needed before any changes are made.

Furthermore purchasing a stake in a company entitles you to make choices in the direction of the company, stuff like development of products is usually left to the people who know what they are doing.

Really after looking at it from an accounting/economics standpoint has reduced the amount I am worrying about this news.

Sadly you are a bit wrong on what "outsanding shares" are.

Definition of 'Outstanding Shares':

A company's stock currently held by all its shareholders, including share blocks held by institutional investors and restricted shares owned by the company’s officers and insiders. 

Which means that if they buy it then they would own ALL of DE, not just part of it.

As clanmate/alliance-mate of Lyvshalker, I agree to what he said. I will stop my platinum purchase until we are assured that PW's involvement won't adversely affect the game."

As a non-clanmate of Lyvshalker, I agree to what he said. I will stop my platinum purchase until we are assured that PW's involvement won't adversely affect the game. Zoltan!

Aw crap, I followed the wrong lead.

http://www.bloomberg.com/quote/PWRD:US

This may be "Perfect World Co Ltd" US branch

stock 19.9200 USD, volume of 12,125 = 241530 USD

But something doesn't add up.

This seems to be the actual company...

http://www.wikinvest.com/stock/Perfect_World_%28PWRD%29

But the ID matches the above.

Something here doesn't add up.

We could feed every starving village on the planet with the sheer amount of assumptions we have here.

People are just making assumptions because they like the game. And if this is really happening, then Warframe is going to die. Me for instance, have been playing Warframe for a while now, and I've donated spent a lot of money. I donated spent money because I saw the potential of Warframe, and I seriously love to see the progress they are making with the game. If PW takes over, that's all gone and wasted.

Edited by Zareek

As a non-clanmate of Lyvshalker, I agree to what he said. I will stop my platinum purchase until we are assured that PW's involvement won't adversely affect the game. Zoltan!

Also, my opinion on the whole situation as a side note?:

Michael-scott-no-god-no.gif

Edited by Sibarian

Aw crap, I followed the wrong lead.

http://www.bloomberg.com/quote/PWRD:US

This may be "Perfect World Co Ltd" US branch

stock 19.9200 USD, volume of 12,125 = 241530 USD

But something doesn't add up.

This seems to be the actual company...

http://www.wikinvest.com/stock/Perfect_World_%28PWRD%29

But the ID matches the above.

Something here doesn't add up.

The stock values match to within 0.20 of each other and they are the same company. What are you suggesting?

Edited by Renegade343

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!

please [DE] do not give in to them. everything i have done would go down the drain. these money making creeps and their lotteries  would be the end of you guys. your player count would reduce dramatically. don't become the money sucking machines like them. 

Lets just cut to the chase here. Due to the outcry of the fourms, 24 pages of collective defiance against PWE (heh, get it?) amassed in just two hours, and the fact that it's very quickly spreading to the rest of the game, it can be safe to assume that if PWE take control of warframe and start affecting it, the community will very quickly stop support of the game. Even if DE takes the deal and screws the pooch, taking the cash offer, they will be forced to shut down the game from just how quickly their sales will drop, leaving the game a husk and potentially shutting down DE. < Worst case but most logical scenario.

Seriously, DE. Don't be stupid. Please.

People are just making assumptions because they like the game. And if this is really happening, then Warframe is going to die. Me for instance, have been playing Warframe for a while now, and I've donated a lot of money. I donated money because I saw the potential of Warframe, and I seriously love to see the progress they are making with the game. If PW takes over, that's all gone and wasted.

Donated money? Really? Do you know what that word means? Because getting digital currency and items for it is a transaction last time I checked.