The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Please Please Do Not Do Business With Perfect World (Mega/hyper/ultrathread)

wendiGhoul

It should also be known that DE only gave up its outstanding stocks. For all we know, DE still holds the majority, and therefore still withholds control.

Edit: Also, the thing that Massivly has on its site about PW taking over DE may be untrue. Their only other source is this thread, which, frankly, is full of lies.

Edited by NICKTHECHAMP11

Ok anytime you see someone make a post about the same news articles over and over, please repost this.

All of these news sites have cited this thread as a main source. WE are the ones fueling that information. So NO, nothing has been confirmed by DE or even by PW, the only other source is an article published by a company that works with PW.

Oh my god. We're sources!

Man, those guys reading this thread for info are #*($%%@.

Wait wait wait.

They say it's non binding.

They don't mention as a "deal" in that article, as far as they know.

DE just had it's stock all bought up.

They mention that a reversal is possible, although there's no indication of it.

It might not be over yet.

But shouldn't DE have had some kind of protection against a hostile takeover?

Recently Capcom had their protection from hostile takeover taken away so I know something like that exists.

The hell happened with DE?

They seriously need to freaking tell us something.

Its done. Sucks, but its how it is.

The issue is that PW ruin games that they get. Of course people will be worried.

I think the better explanation is. PW makes it impossible to spend money on a game. Because of massive deterrents built in.

Yup from what ive been reading we are sold. It was a pleasure gentleman. Though a lot of hoax might be around...Who knows?

What you've been reading on Massive or whatever is being fueled by our panic, because no one knows S#&$ other than PWE bought some outstanding shares, and we don't know the percentage of that, and it's doubtful DE can tell us as it's business stuff, and business stuff tends to be private..

It should also be known that DE only gave up its outstanding stocks. For all we know, DE still holds the majority, and therefore still withholds control.

it doesn't matter if they only sold them one share, they'll find a way to ruin WF somehow or another.

This is the reason why PW acquired DE:

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/219816/Perfect_World_wants_your_next_F2P_game_on_its_new_Arc_platform.php

For a moment, players will see no changes with the direction where DE is heading. However, things will start changing, subtle at first, then eventually everything will be under the PW's policy. I've seen this many times already. Warframe is just a perfect candidate that has already enough amount of fan base and it's growing, thanks to the works of Steve and the teams. Thus, it has the potential to become one of the world best F2P. The fact that PW has put DE under its yoke, it is now just a matter of time.

I have played and abandoned a few MMO F2P games already due some similar situation. I have witnessed the whole process over and over again. We would want to believe that DE is different, but it is unlikely. Nor DE would have a control. When you use someone's money/resources you will have follow their policy. At first the company would issue some statement that everything will be business as usually.... but eventually it's not. When a big company takes over, it's all about money, revenue and bottom lines. By then, DE would not have a choice of making a game for players anymore, but rather DE would need to develop a game that can effectively cashing out the players. Also, players who dislike DRM or players who like continue launch the game out of Steam's will slowly be converted to a new PW's controlled DRM system - Arc. I think at this points, while still playing Warframe, it's a good idea to start exploring another F2P game for future game play investment.

Well, there goes the only game that I have been playing for the past few months because it was fun. Personally, I do not know this PWE company, but after doing some research and judging by what you people are saying, DE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DO NOT DO THIS.

You know what this reminds me of?

A scene in I-robot where Will Smith is running away from the NS-5s and getting help from older robots as they are saying, "HUMAN IN DANGER."

And the next thing you know, PWE turns into Vladimir Putin of the gaming industry.

*facepalm*

Might as well post this video url of a song in Ukraine about Putin. But instead of where it says Putin, put PWE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eK4ej1G9gUw

Well, time to make preparations to pull my clan out of this mess and colonize some other game.

Star Wars: The Old Republic anyone?

all of u guys are concerned about the prices and u didnt even consider thinking about if PW is actually gonna help warframe's development

Oh, sure, I considered it.

Our universe could live a thousand lifetimes, be born and born again into realities beyond counting, and spawn numberless Earths before this PW corporation ever does anything good for anyone.

I've started the petition "Digital Extremes: Not to sellout Warframe to Perfect World" and need your help to get it off the ground.

Will you take 30 seconds to sign it right now? Here's the link:

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/digital-extremes-not-to-sellout-warframe-to-perfect-world

Here's why it's important:

Warframe Is a game that many enjoy playing because of the constant updates, fair maketplace, and involvement the community has over the game with the company (Digital Extremes) Losing DE's control over Warframe could mean the end of Warframe for good because of the lack of involvement that will FOR SURE happen between the DEVs and the community causing the loss of supporters of the game. I love Warframe, It is an amzing game with an amzing community and team of Devs, I would hate to see this all go in the trash and out the window.

You can sign my petition by clicking here.

Thanks! 
Bryan Hoang