Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Please Please Do Not Do Business With Perfect World (Mega/hyper/ultrathread)

wendiGhoul

700+ hours in the game. it was nice being with you all. I'll see some of you in Destiny....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zasIogAV-tY

Standing on the edge of the crater
Like the prophets once said
And the ashes are all cold now
No more bullets and the embers are dead
Whispers in the air tell the tales
Of the brothers gone
Desolation, devastation
What a mess we made, when it all went wrong

Watching from the edge of the circus
For the games to begin
Gladiators draw their swords
Form their ranks for armageddon

I'm nuclear
I'm wild
I'm breaking up inside
A heart of broken glass
Defiled
Deep inside
The abandoned child

Standing on the edge of the underworld
Looking at the abyss
And I'm hoping for some miracle
To breakout to escape from all this
Whispers in the air tell the tales
Of a life that's gone
Desolation, devastation
What a mess we made, when it all went wrong

I'm nuclear
I'm wild
I'm breaking up inside
A heart of broken glass
Defiled
Deep inside
The abandoned child

I'm nuclear
I'm wild
I'm breaking up inside
A heart of broken glass
Defiled
Deep inside
The abandoned child

See yeh. 

I'm here with around 375 hours in the game. 

me too...

I live in New York and its pouring our here. I left my house with my laptop in the rain to go sit at my usual Cafe which is a good half an hour away from my house by foot to sit, drink coffee and sob quietly 

I don't think DE might make this deal, because they actually listen to their fans and also the happenings of other companies, and when a large business like DE or Nexon buys a smaller company, it's never good. They probably already know that if the deal goes through, everyone in the original company will lose their jobs eventually, and community backlash will harm the game as well. They also get good money from this one game alone.

Or they just don't care and it's a "Company's dead, take the money and run" situation.

I don't think DE might make this deal, because they actually listen to their fans and also the happenings of other companies, and when a large business like DE or Nexon buys a smaller company, it's never good. They probably already know that if the deal goes through, everyone in the original company will lose their jobs eventually, and community backlash will harm the game as well. They also get good money from this one game alone.

Or they just don't care and it's a "Company's dead, take the money and run" situation.

Already done http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/07/02/perfect-world-entertainment-buys-digital-extremes/

The fact that there's still no official word on the matter is slightly disconcerting.

Must not be a simple answer, which is worrisome.

Probably something classified that cant be disclosed yet. But something sinister in the end i suppose.

Still no word? I am seeing more and more talk of people just quitting. Do they Want everyone to give in to the panic and quit? They need to start damage control, Now. They cannot let this just sit. People Will assume the worst due to who is involved and their reputation for ruining games. They are trying to brace themselfs by quitting in the chance there is bad news.

Can we please get some word so region chat can stop being nothing but rage and people quitting?

Still no word? I am seeing more and more talk of people just quitting. Do they Want everyone to give in to the panic and quit? They need to start damage control, Now. They cannot let this just sit. People Will assume the worst due to who is involved and their reputation for ruining games. They are trying to brace themselfs by quitting in the chance there is bad news.

Can we please get some word so region chat can stop being nothing but rage and people quitting?

They can't unless the people that owns DE says it's ok to talk about this.

Everyone you see on Forums aren't owners of DE they just make the games.

DE is bad at cleaning their own mess. What would they thinking? That this info wont be found out and that they can hide this forever?

As always, they make a mess that they cannot clean up and just decide to completely ignore it. People just need some sort of confirmation from DE officials, not Warframe development team.

The fact that there's still no official word on the matter is slightly disconcerting.

Must not be a simple answer, which is worrisome.

I'm sure the company is talking about it right now. A big meeting of some kind I can imagine. If it was as simple to give us an answer, it wouldn't be this big of a deal obviously.

It could be the case of "The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing" or that a sells representative is trying to make DE more money while having more resources to get us more content faster(that's just my hope of the matter), but I doubt it's that.

Joystiq has no clue what they're talking about. 

No deal has happened yet. Sumpo has sent a non-binding term sheet according to their announcement, which is what amounts to a letter of intent.

Also, this is only a bad thing if Sumpo/PWE get enough shares to make decisions. If they do not, then all's well and DE just has more money to spend. If they do, then they can do pretty much what they want.

It's also entirely possible this is a means for DE to break into the Chinese market since the Chinese government has some pretty harsh regulations on foreign companies doing business in China. In which case they'd just be giving Sumpo a small number of shares but nowhere near enough to take control.

The main thing is that we have no idea what the situation actually is, but "PWE turns game into p2w grindfest and fires current devs" is pretty much the worst case scenario.

Edited by Cpl_Facehugger