Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Please Please Do Not Do Business With Perfect World (Mega/hyper/ultrathread)

wendiGhoul

Maybe and maybe not. It depends on what type of shares they're offering up. It's probably Preferred Shares, where PW or whoever is going to get paid before the Common Share people, but don't get voting rights. :v I think. My brain's starting to drool, and just do some research and learn, and don't go cynical. There's enough cynicism in the thread to last us to next year.

lol... you've no idea what you're talking about... Maybe continue doing research will do you more good. Common shares and preferred shares are of public company. DE is a private company. PW needs to do some due diligence to value the private shares of DE, and just only needs to buy enough shares of DE or direct controlling interest to take over DE.

Edited by ndantony

lol... you've no idea what you're talking about... Maybe continue doing will do you more good. Common shares and preferred shares are of public company. DE is a private company. PW needs to do some due diligence to value the private shares of DE, and just only need to buy enough shares of DE or controlling interest to complete take over DE.

... :v But aren't private companies protected against hostile takeovers?

If they aren't, what's the @(*()$ difference between public and private if the same thing can happen either way?

Edited by Sidathe

This game was already bad anyways. Very shallow gameplay. No challenge. Everything is horribly unbalanced. Abilities are useless. DE never really adds anything to the core gameplay. Melee 2.0 was incredibly dissapointing. Every update is just more grind added. The only thing good about this game was the art direction. Game had a lot of potential. Whatever, R.I.P. Warfarm.

Hence, Open Beta. They still need to release tilesets for each individual planets, more enemy variety, lore and story-based mission, refining enemy difficulty vs players, rebalancing and buffing stuff w/o removing potential, and a bunch other sht.

For Challenge: Try lasting as long as possible in T4 Survival. That should be fun.

For Abilites: How the fk is Radial Disarm useless? 

DE will easily make a lot of money with PW. It's a good thing, so they can focus more on content, instead of forcing out a new weapon every week for people to buy.

You don't know how bad PW is, they will get money, but not in a good way. Imagine throttled content.

Say you just got a new frame, you had to buy it from the shop because now it takes two weeks to build a frame, not counting the time it takes to get all the parts. So now you have your new frame, now what? Well lets put an aura mod on it. But hang on, the Aura slot is locked? So are four of the standard slots, it seems. Well it's a good thing you've been saving up those lock boxes, and after dropping $20 bucks, you can now open a few of them. So after opening all of these boxes, you're down to your last key out of twenty, all the other prizes were: Loki left arm, Mag left leg, Fast hands, Uncommon 5 Fusion Core, Ammo Drum, Grand Finale fireworks, Excalibur Chest, two extra lock boxes, Mod Upgrade Catalyst 25%, Standard Mod Slot. In anticipation, you open the last box in hopes of getting the Aura Slot you need, and you get another Fast Hands.

Time to start over again. But at least you have a mod upgrade catalyst you can use to give yourself a chance at upgrading your mod or destroying it forever.

Edited by RaveRaptor

I've played STO and Champions before they got bought out by Perfect World Int. I stopped playing them because they didn't feel "fun" after the Perfect World updates and changes.

Edited by Onyxism

This is indeed a Uberthread, my god we are past 300 pages, and it's not even 24 hours old yet

I'd say it now falls under the category:

Morbidly Obese Thread

Godzilla-Thread

MegaLargeSuperSizedGreatGiganticGargantuanUberthread

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-are-outstanding-shares.htm

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-are-shares-outstanding.htm#didyouknowout

Read, man. Learn. Don't fall sway to emotion. Emotion's great and all, but it can lead you to flying off a cliff and smashing so hard into the water, your organs tear through your skin.

I did read and my comment stands. DE is a privately held company meaning all of the "outstanding shares" are held internally. How they are distributed is anyone's guess but they certainly are not equally distributed among the devs and other employees. Beyond this, the agreement is with DE, not an investor of DE. Even if some employees, like the directors, have been given interest in the company, because it is not publicly traded how this interest is manifested is determined by the company's board of directors. Typically when a private company is bought out, those who have internal 'shares' in the company are given a lump sum payout or, in the event the buyout comes from a public company, shares of that company's stock as compensation. Unfortunately this all probably means that the decision is in the hands of the CEO and the board of directors. And that is a bleak picture. The devs we see on the streams are directors of WarFrame though so maybe they can make a case to the CEO.

It is for all the marbles. All the shares means everything.

... :v But aren't private companies protected against hostile takeovers?

If they aren't, what's the @(*()$ difference between public and private if the same thing can happen either way?

No. There is not really a protection or hostile takeover, like those of public company, in a private company... The controlling interest is in the hand of a few. If they agreed to the buy by another company and that is it.