Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Please Please Do Not Do Business With Perfect World (Mega/hyper/ultrathread)

wendiGhoul

Nothing's happened yet.

Chances are DE hasn't responded because there's nothing to respond with. All of the evidence suggests that DE is only contemplating going into business relations, and that no money/stocks/whathave you have changed hands. All there is is a non-binding agreement that DE will consider selling a % of their stocks which they determine to Perfect Online. That's it.

And that the people with the authority to answer these sorts of questions are busy trying to figure out what they want to do before they make a comment.

Quoting for glorious truth and sensibility. Logically, this is what everything we ACTUALLY know is pointing to.

This thread is in fire right now. This is important.

We need some official response to calm us.

So this post is just going to be sucked into the Threadnaught as it speeds towards a digital singularity. But I want to bring up this post that was brought up on r/warframe

https://www.facebook.com/digitalextremes/posts/10152197916298461

DE is opening a branch in California, and from the post it looks like the California site will be focusing on Warframe. It would make no sense that DE's higher ups would decide to break ground in California for their flaghsip title, and less then a week later decide to sell the whole thing off.

It's because DE isn't selling Warframe to anyone. China is has very different laws from the rest of the world, and it has been brought up time and time again that China doesn't do business with outside entities without a Chinese company representing them. DE is selling a portion of their shares to PW in order for PW to represent them so they can make progress into getting into china when XB1 is released there. DE will then most likely take the money they obtain in the selling of shares and use that to seed the new California branch.

I was as outraged as the lot of you when I first heard the news, but now that the rage in me has subsided and I can look at things clearly as a rational person, it becomes more and more clear that we are all over-reacting to the news. Is this panic justifiable given the the track record of PW? Sure, but if you can look past this and at the bigger picture I think you can see it as what it is.

I hope your right. I'd really hate to see this game die just because of some rumor or misinformation.

Buying their shares doesn't necessarily mean they're buying out the whole company. Really, this whole thread can be summed up thusly:

Gonna laugh when I get to say..I told you so.

Edited by Zaresin

If PW publishes the overseas version: neat

If PW owns DE completely and makes the calls over here?  Not good.

Keep calm and stare and Valkyr butt until we find out more.

Warframe is always a global thing, you can play it in many languages.

Buying their shares doesn't necessarily mean they're buying out the whole company. Really, this whole thread can be summed up thusly:

-snip-

You seem to think all change is good.

That's alright. I guess you'll see. The rest of us who've been through the PWE rabbit-hole already know.

Edited by ThatOneEdgyGuy

A lot of things have changed with WF over the last year, to say the community fears change would be wrong in this case. What people fear is this game becoming property of PWE which will make it into a Pay 2 Win game for sure.

Edited by Riate

Just hopping that this isn't the end of an awsome game.

If they make it pay to win or some bull... like that, im out.

The lack of info from de devs is concerning, i thought that today was going to be a good day with some update to make me spend a lot more hours of gameplay and the only thing that came out was some destruction news :(

You seem to think all change is good.

That's alright. I guess you'll see. The rest of us who've been through the PWE rabbit-hole already know.

Exactly, prob time to uninstall warframe and forget it ever existed as it will never be the same once PWE gets a hold of it.  

So if by "over" you mean "nothing at all beyond DE saying 'We'll think about allowing you to possibly invest in a percent of our company shares which we dictate'" then yes, it's "over."

To be honest, having a (widely perceived) cancerous gaming company thinking of investing in your game (and the recipient company having the same thought) does cause a few worries (e.g.: Whether or not the investing gaming company would have a few requirements (i.e. not the good ones) in order to purchase the shares). 

Edited by Renegade343

Hm, not really familiar with PWE.

Why does everyone hate it? Ultra Pay2Win? :/ Bad games? What?

Pay-to-win. But you can't just pay to win, oh no! They make you pay-to-play-RNG-to-win.

And then they hide their good stuff behind said wall.

Hm, not really familiar with PWE.

Why does everyone hate it? Ultra Pay2Win? :/ Bad games? What?

To get anywhere in their games You have to pay..events are pay 2 win, everything...is PAY TO WIN.....they are the definition of pay to win...can't stress Pay to win enough here....everything you have feared..will come to pass. 

And even to win you have to Pay to get teh chance to win..but you pay for the chance rather here you are freely given the chance to win.  With PW you pay for the chance and the more you spend the better your chances.  If you don't pay, you have no chance.

Edited by Zaresin

The Chinese company Perfect Online definitely has an interest in acquiring DE's shares. Why? Because Perfect Online is likely going to be the publisher for the Xbox One version of Warframe in China.

Frequently, when a developer wants to publish a game in a different country, they have to seek out a publisher belonging to that country. It's why many American or European developed games get published by Square Enix in Japan, or Japanese games get published by Atlus in the US and Namco Bandai elsewhere.

In this case, from all of the evidence, I suspect that Perfect Online is looking into DE as a business partner for Warframe in China.

I hope you're right.

It seems highly likely, but the worry will always be there until we know for sure.