Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Awful Player Tactics.

Blast_Hardcheese

Since I have no idea where the correct subforum should be for this subject, now do I know how many times this has been brought up before, I thought I'd start compiling a list of common player tactics seen in pugs that show that you just joined a team of scrubs/noobs/general idiots. I'll go first with two:

- Players in Rhinos swinging around Galatines (that aren't even being charged) throughout the entire fight, He-manning their way to the very end. They never use guns, they never use their abilities besides Iron skin, and they constantly need to be rescued from their cretinous playstyle.

- Players who bring a bow and arrow to an Infested defense and use it for the entire duration until the pod gets completely swamped, and only then do they switch to their Dragon Nikana. Hey I'm all for mastery, but most of these players I've seen will also bring a secondary and melee which they almost never bother to use.

that show that you just joined a team of scrubs/noobs/general idiots.

Well I might be seeing this from a different angle than you, but if they enjoy it and are genuinely having a good time, then they are playing the right way and you shouldn't criticize their "tactics". It is what you get in pubs.

Edited by Silraed

I've played using only the galatine a couple of times and wrecked everything in my path in fact other players couldn't keep up so I guess you just had the short end of the stick.

P.S this thread should be in General Discussion

Edited by KAMlKO

You can't give feedback to something DE can't fix.

This has nothing to do with DE, it's only a player x player thing.

I suppose I was hoping for players to swap horror stories of bad experiences. You're right, this is the wrong forum (which I already admitted).

These aren't bad tactics (except maybe that over-reliance on Iron Skin). These are all completely viable ways of playing so long as the person A) Knows what they are doing and B) Is effective at it.

It sounds like you came across people that were neither of these things.

I don't think they're particularly good tactics. I'm a big believer in bringing the right tactic for the right job. Don't bring a weapon with low impact damage to a Corpus fight unless you've also got magnetic on it. Things like that. Don't swing a big freaking sword around at Grineer bombards who are at standoff distance, blasting through your iron skin like butter.

They're playing how they want to play.

Unless it actually affects you in a way that isn't "a teammate dies a lot", you have to just grit your teeth and bear it

Remembered the pod bit, whoops

Aside from the pod dying, unless it actually affects you in a way that isn't "a teammate dies a lot" yada yada

Edited by AdunSaveMe

I've played using only the galatine a couple of times and wrecked everything in my path in fact other players couldn't keep up so I guess you just had the short end of the stick.

P.S this thread should be in General Discussion

I would move the thread if I could. Also, did you use the Galatine against anything above level 20?

You can't just tell anyone that their an idiot or stupid or gtfo. That's just rude and it makes you look like the bad player,

It's a good thing I never tell any other player that to their face. But I can describe what I see as idiotic behaviour without singling anyone out.

They're playing how they want to play.

Unless it actually affects you in a way that isn't "a teammate dies a lot", you have to just grit your teeth and bear it

Remembered the pod bit, whoops

Aside from the pod dying, unless it actually affects you in a way that isn't "a teammate dies a lot" yada yada

My point there besides the pod issue is that if I have to keep rescuing a player who is using a frame that is reknowned for being a tank because he wants to look cool swinging a sword all the time and not even optimizing his melee build, then he is making my game experience suck. I'm not asking people to do something about this, I'm asking if anyone else has had similar experiences of bad tactics that have a common theme.

Edited by Blast_Hardcheese

It's a good thing I never tell any other player that to their face. But I can describe what I see as idiotic behaviour without singling anyone out.

Well it depends, Some players don't have the all mighty gaming mind, they just pick weapons they think is good or what they like.

Unlike more experienced players with video games, can look and have experience at the game without picking the wrong weapon/frame

I use primarily melee, either nami skyla, dragon Nikana or Dakra prime. Does this mean my tactics are terrible because I'd rather chop things?

Not if you know how to chop things well and not die more often than you chop things. But hey, nice to see that you're suggesting you might be offended by the gross overgeneralization/straw man that you've made of what I actually said.

Since I have no idea where the correct subforum should be for this subject, now do I know how many times this has been brought up before, I thought I'd start compiling a list of common player tactics seen in pugs that show that you just joined a team of scrubs/noobs/general idiots. I'll go first with two:

- Players in Rhinos swinging around Galatines (that aren't even being charged) throughout the entire fight, He-manning their way to the very end. They never use guns, they never use their abilities besides Iron skin, and they constantly need to be rescued from their cretinous playstyle.

- Players who bring a bow and arrow to an Infested defense and use it for the entire duration until the pod gets completely swamped, and only then do they switch to their Dragon Nikana. Hey I'm all for mastery, but most of these players I've seen will also bring a secondary and melee which they almost never bother to use.

theyre obviously trying to lvl weapons faster, so deal with it.

as for the bow in infested defense, that player probly lvling it up or is hoping that there would be a vaubaun in a group to spam vortex. bows are actually so good with the punchthrough '+ vortex. 1 shot to kill everything in vortex.

I would move the thread if I could. Also, did you use the Galatine against anything aboce level 20?

Of course, although I must admit I have mods for certain factions on my galatine and I gave my rhino prime some melee mods. The people you played with probably don't know how to properly mod for their life, cause never have I fallen as a Rhino with the exception of Stalkers and bosses at rare times. Its pretty sad to get knocked down as a Rhino by a common enemy.

as for the bow in infested defense, that player probly lvling it up or is hoping that there would be a vaubaun in a group to spam vortex. bows are actually so good with the punchthrough '+ vortex. 1 shot to kill everything in vortex.

Really? You know what they're obviously trying to do? You have an insight into the mind of players you may never have met?

Also, I've joined defenses with players using that bow tactic who started the defense on their own with no Vauban in sight. It would be a pretty desperate hope that a Vauban would just happen to join. I wouldn't even bring this stuff up if it was a rare occurrence. I see the two tactics I've described happen very often.

Of course, although I must admit I have mods for certain factions on my galatine and I gave my rhino prime some melee mods. The people you played with probably don't know how to properly mod for their life, cause never have I fallen as a Rhino with the exception of Stalkers and bosses at rare times. Its pretty sad to get knocked down as a Rhino by a common enemy.

This exactly my point. It's not the specific use of the Galatine or the Rhino that annoys me. It's the combination of both that I've seen used so badly that makes me wonder what the heck is up with some players. Do they not at least have friends playing who know better?

My point there besides the pod issue is that if I have to keep rescuing a player who is using a frame that is reknowned for being a tank because he wants to look cool swinging a sword all the time and not even optimizing his melee build, then he is making my game experience suck. I'm not asking people to do something about this, I'm asking if anyone else has had similar experiences of bad tactics that have a common theme.

Then don't rescue them. As far as I'm concerned, if they keep dying without doing anything about it, they can bloody well die.

If rescuing them detracts from the experience, don't rescue them.

Sure you might be down a teammate, but it's better than constantly having one you need to save.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

That's right! Could not said it better myself :D

Then don't rescue them. As far as I'm concerned, if they keep dying without doing anything about it, they can bloody well die.

If rescuing them detracts from the experience, don't rescue them.

Sure you might be down a teammate, but it's better than constantly having one you need to save.

The one positive thing I can actually say is that I have never been in a pug where the other players refused to rescue me, no matter how I played. I won't leave a dude behind even if he sucks at playing, because nobody has yet left me behind. But I sure can vocally wonder why the dude sucks.

Did you miss the memo? Charge attacks are long gone

Oh I'm sorry, I'm using outdated lingo. I meant to say channeled. They weren't even channeling their melee attacks, and they sure as hell weren't killing quickly or effectively either.

What's the problem with using bows in any mission?

You're running an infested defense, using a bow and nothing but a bow, and you get swamped and fail the mission between round 5 and 10. You have one other player with you trying to keep on top of the incoming waves while you stand by the pod firing off arrow after arrow, often missing and without even using thunderbolt. No, there's nothing inherently wrong with that because I'm not talking about "wrong" tactics, I'm talking about bad and ineffective tactics.

I use primarily melee, either nami skyla, dragon Nikana or Dakra prime. Does this mean my tactics are terrible because I'd rather chop things?

I love melee only, chop-chop for the win.. For some reason this brings to mind this old chinese restaurant (kinda a ghetto version of panda express) that was called "Ah Chop Chop". Sharing is caring.

To me it sounds like the pugs were doing what they wanted to do and showing no concern for the objective. Never a good thing in defense missions. So I feel where the OP is coming from.

You're running an infested defense, using a bow and nothing but a bow, and you get swamped and fail the mission between round 5 and 10. You have one other player with you trying to keep on top of the incoming waves while you stand by the pod firing off arrow after arrow, often missing and without even using thunderbolt. I guess there's nothing inherently wrong with that.

That's just all a guess from your mind, I have played with hardcore bows men before with my boltor prime in hand. P.S Rhino prime hand :p

That's just all a guess from your mind, I have played with hardcore bows men before with my boltor prime in hand. P.S Rhino prime hand :p

I wasn't describing a guess, I was describing what I witnessed and experienced of other players. Unlike your experience, these were not "hardcore bows men". They mostly stood still, letting off arrows in one or two directions against targets which are best dealt with by a bullet hose or an actually effective melee build.