The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Now How Would You All Feel If This Game Was Acquired By Nexon Or Ea Or Kog Or Even Gameforge Or Mayhaps Gamersfirst?

SirAuron

I'm fine with EA unless we are forced to use origins and the crappy http launchers they have for battlefield. Really, that ***ing http launcher is by far the worst thing I've ever seen in a game.

Nexon is terrible, but i don't see it as bad as PW.

PW... those guys even ruined travian... really, how can you possibly ruin a browser game?? I played that for years until you guys came!! Now you can pay for your troops for auto escape your town in case of an enemy attack(24/7) and attack hundreds of "cows" with only one click... I hate those guys, they've ruined almost every game I've played.

Edited by Agua

The very game I played extensively before I enlisted in Tenno academy is call Vindictus, published by NEXON. 

That give contains a simple 2 years old bug that is currently a running joke that the devs can't fix after scratching their head for 2 years. The game play is amazing, I would say it exceeds warframe. However, that game has one of the worst possible RNG. Not only is the chance of success at upgrading your gear or getting a good drop low, they are mercilessly punishing as gears can break and 5 months of work gone in an instant. How to prevent all of that? wallet power. You either buy nx for protection or better drop rate, or buy golds from bots. 

Don't even get my started on the non-existant dev support and the rotten community monopolized by around 30 people who either started the game since beta or guys with world dominating wallet power. 

Vindictus is the reason I hardly complain about the RNG of warframe. Most grind I've encountered felt like a walk in the park compare to months of grinding in vindictus wtih nothing to show for. 

I like how people hate on EA for ruining games, when they've published more great ones than they have poor ones. 

What is also amusing is the comments about adding locked boxes which cost plat to open with a random thing inside, whilst forgetting that Valve has been doing pretty much the same thing for years.

With any, I'd just keep playing until it got to a point where I couldn't enjoy it.

The difference between valve and PWE boxes is that valve's have a 1% for an unusual, whereas PWE's have a 0.01% chance in some cases on the item the crate is ABOUT.

That is much, MUCH worse

Edited by Warriorrogue

EA would be an ongoing coin flip. It could go from fine to horrendous to fine year over year. EA is schizophrenicly bad. Which makes them unpredictable, which makes them bad.

Nexon, like Perfect World, is just turbo murder-death. Say bye bye to all the nice things.

I would be ecstatic if this game were acquired by Nexon. I've been playing their games for about 7 years. They're great people and most of their games are NOT pay to win. They are also very generous with their events where they frequently give all participating players useful items from their cash shops.

EA is probably worse than all of them tbh.

Not so much in terms of the effect it would have on warframe, but in terms of the the life expectancy for DE istelf, EA is by far the worst candidate.

EA is on the bad side, but they are in no way worse then Nexon or PW.

I've met Nexon and EA but have never seen PWE... I rather Stick my life with EA if I had to choose the 3... (I'd take Valve or CD Red Projekt if there was an alternative)

Edited by genthis

The difference between valve and PWE boxes is that valve's have a 1% for an unusual, whereas PWE's have a 0.01% chance in some cases on the item the crate is ABOUT.

That is much, MUCH worse

Not to mention that the items in tf2's crates are cosmetic or have no effect on the actual game (strange weapons). The lockboxes in asian mmos have items you require to be viable in game. They see absolutely nothing wrong with a game being pay to win. Well, neither does EA probably, but the difference is western players usually won't stand for it.

I've met Nexon and EA but have never seen PWE... I rather Stick my life with EA if I had to choose the 3... (I'd take Valve or CD Red Projekt if there was an alternative)

As long as Warframe isn't moved from Steam to Origin (or Origin is added ontop of Steam) EA isn't that bad of a choice.

Still bad though. Not just as bad.

As long as Warframe isn't moved from Steam to Origin (or Origin is added ontop of Steam) EA isn't that bad of a choice.

Still bad though. Not just as bad.

I know... I've played battlefield 3 on origin and it was just terrible..

What about no company change and everybody lives happily ever after?

Not sure about EA though, it's had its own bad reputation, but I guess it can still be manageable.

Lol. you kidding? They'd shut down these servers at the end of this year.