Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Im New And Im Completly Lost.

(PSN)fusion322

Question

I have no clue how to get new weapons.

I have made it to mars and im still using the default weapons.

Im trying to craft one of the bows and cant get supplies, i cant just buy more weapons either because theyre all xp locked.

All the people in my missions have insane weapons and different warframes and im still using loki and default guns.

How do you get new weapons and characters?

New Warframes are given from bosses, who drop 3 different pieces blueprint which you must have to craft them, as well as the frame blueprint, which is bought with credits from the market.

Blueprints for weapons are also bought from the market, but only require resources. Everything takes time to craft.

You must craft each piece of a warframe before you may craft the entire frame.

Some weapons are bought with credits and don't have to be crafted. Select Arsenal>Primary> scroll to the bottom where you see weapons with a credit pricetag.

Edited by (PS4)StoneRevolver

To get new weapons you'll need to buy the blueprints with credits from the market. After that you'd need to look for the components, each system has a different drop table so it's better to be unlocking each one and then farm the materials you need.

With the characters (Warframes) is almost the same. Every warframe drops form a different boss. You'll need to buy the blueprint from the market, get the three components (Systems, Chassis & Helmet), get the materials to craft them and then craft the warframe.

Switch teleported from Introductions.

Hello fusion322! Welcome to the Community.

You'll have to collect Ressources through the different planets to be able to craft. See informations about them in the wiki:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Resources

If I'm not mistaken, you can buy with credits some weapons in the market which don't need to be crafted. (MK1 Braton, for ex?)

Persevere, and you'll become strong! Help yourself with the wiki.

Good luck, Tenno!

They've been here much more time.

So theyre just farming.

The problem i have is that the resources i need are on mars and sedna (i think thats what its called) and i cant even survive the missions.

So how am i supposed to get new gear and get stronger if i need to be stronger to get the resources...

So theyre just farming.

The problem i have is that the resources i need are on mars and sedna (i think thats what its called) and i cant even survive the missions.

So how am i supposed to get new gear and get stronger if i need to be stronger to get the resources...

You have to play with stronger allies, i guess.

Try to get into a clan. Worth it. :P, What I did when I started out was I just farmed my brains off till i got all the weapons to max, then changed immediately, as I said a clan would be good, they can taxi and help you through out the solar map. I remember when I was rank 0 my friend taxi'd me to heiracon on my first day lols.

Edited by TrippyTiff

Fusion, either get carried, or just grow stronger. There is a reason you can replay missions- don't think of it as just a linear story plot, because it's not necessarily.

I think you need to know about mod fusion (pun intended) :P

If you don't, basically, you get mods through fighting enemies and having them drop them. For example, Redirection is a mod that increases your shields by 40 per rank, going up to a max of +400 (correct me if i'm wrong?)

And once you get more shields, better mods, more health, etc, you gain more survivability. Then you can farm for whatever you want, get new weapons, frames, maybe even a sentinel/pet, and repeat the process, eventually getting more specific and better mods, such as mods like Multishot (split chamber, barrel diffusion, lethal torrent), or Corrupted mods, etc. The wiki gives you a nice place to find a specific mod, should you need to.

Also, yeah, there are credit-only weapons in the market such as the Lex and the Braton. The same goes for weapon mods, aswell.

http://i.imgur.com/7Wa7HmT.png

Edited by Ordel

You have to, until you're ready to play solo.

Everyone is weak first, we need the older Tenno to help us. And then we grow, we acquire interesting gear, and we can act more freely. And a day you'll be like everyone else: a badass. ^^

As TrippyTiff said, entering a clan is a good way to progress into the game!

Fusion, either get carried, or just grow stronger. There is a reason you can replay missions- don't think of it as just a linear story plot, because it's not.

I think you need to know about mod fusion (pun intended) :P

If you don't, basically, you get mods through fighting enemies and having them drop them. For example, Redirection is a mod that increases your shields by 40 per rank, going up to a max of +400 (correct me if i'm wrong?)

And once you get more shields, better mods, more health, etc, you gain more survivability. Also, yeah, there are credit-only weapons in the market such as the Lex and the Braton. The same goes for weapon mods, aswell.

Ok ill try that i didnt know  you could upgrade mods.

This is a guide i made for my clan hope it helps sory for the length if you need any help feel free to add me in warframe and inv me any time

Warframe A-Z Amber to Zepher i'm  coveting it all here all sections will be in spoilers to prevent you from being overwhelmed.
 underlined and bold like this  it might look like a lot jsut look for sections you need 

Home Screen
In order from top to bottom 
7wDrZd7.jpg
Very top Is your credits, plat mastery rank indicator avitar  
1) Rank Up- will be available when you are eligible for your next rank ( explained later )
2) Start Chart- Opens the star map where you can select missions 
3)Keys- Shows you the Void Keys Orokin Derelict and Other special missions 
4)Arsenal- Where you customize your warframe and weapon
5)Market- Brings you to the market 
6)Foundry- Build new weapons ,warframes,  orokin derelict keys,  and special objects
7)Inbox- Messages from the void oter factions etc not for players to send or receive here 
8)Clan- Shows who is online what needs to be done and enter the dojo from here 
9)Friends- Add players met view recent players join friends 
10)Codex- Read up on warframes view mods and under training are some tutorials and explanations 
11)Profile- Shows your stats. Kills, mastery rank,  and all leader boards.
12)Options- Customize your controller to your liking hud sound you know. 
Hit △ to open up the alerts on the right hand side. Alerts can offer credits resources blueprints and more. Also will show invasion missions.  
Hit the options button to open up the chat section discussed later.
STAR MAP9f2OK6f.jpg
This is the star map for now it will be changed in the next major update U14 and will look alot nicer I will update this once it comes out. But for now you can see all of the Planets in our solar system and more. I believe when you first start you can only play on mercury, this will also change in U14 where the first 4 planets will be unlocked. Once you select a planet the map will expand on that planet and show all of its missions on that planet. As you go through the missions it will give you a brief description of each.And on the left will show you what planet and resources are their. 
Mission_infobox.png

1)Mission its the type of mission Assassination • Capture • Conclave • Deception •  Defense • Escape • Exterminate • Hijack • Interception • Invasion • Mobile Defense • Rescue • Sabotage • Spy • Survival
2)Faction which of the 4 factions Grineet, Corpus, Infested,Orikon/corrupted(A mix of the other 3)
3)Starting Lvl of the enemies Defense and Survival and interception missions enemies will get stronger as time passes 

Also when in the star map hit R1 to access your arsenal Options still opens chat and L1 to view friends and sends them invites
Missions
Theirs not much to know here but some tips and a short description
 Assassination 
• Capture- Track down the target once he is (killed) hit ◯ to capture the target. 
• Conclave- Is warframes PvP 
• Deception- Take a Data mass at the start and bring it to a terminal drop it in and get out. (Holding the data mass will limit you to your secondary and melee only)
• Defense- Endless wave defense given an option to leave every 5 rounds with a reward ( Orkion defense is where most Lvl up new equipment but T1 Defense is better if you have people who can handle it themselves) 
• Escape- (copied from Wiki)is a hidden mission which can only be accessed when the player is defeated and "harvested" by the Harvester. The mission requires the player to collect their confiscated weapons and escape from the Zanuka Project facility in the Corpus Gas City in Jupiter.When the player is engaged and defeated by the Harvester, his/her current session will end and automatically transferred to the Escape mission.( Is very run to do BTW :) 
• Exterminate- Simple Kill all 
• Hijack- Only offered 2 times in 2 missions on Ceres with high lvl enemies. use a console to take control of a Fomorian Power Core and lead it to extraction safely. ( History: Was in U12.4 in the Tethera's Doom Event and was the first time this game mode was introduced)
• Interception- Like conquest hold the 4 locations and gain 100% control befor the enemies onve you reach 100% you can stay and do it again for better rewards  
• Invasion One faction is defending and you can chose which side to fight with and each side has its own reward which will be awarded once the invasion is over. They are either exterminate or defense missions. You can side withe either grineer or corpus you can also work with eiter of those to fight the infested 
• Mobile Defense- Grab the data terminal just like Deception But now you need to defend the console for a set amount of time the amount of terminals can vary i think the max it 4 
• Rescuev1- Can only show up in alerts find the jail room and hack open the rooms get the guy out.
• Rescue2.0- Get to the Jail room once in their will be wardens amount can vary max of 4 who are heavy units whit good weapons and strong. You will want to kill them with stealth and try and not be detected if you are a timer will start and once it reaches 0 the hostage is killed when you do get the hostage out you can give him your secondary if you want and get to extract if the hostage goes down you can revive him  
• Sabotage- find the objective and destroy and get out ( can be a machine or a power core if it is the power core unlock it and shoot the things sticking out of it  
• Spy- get to the terminals hack them get the data mass and get to extract once again you will be limited to your secondary an melee their can me multiple terminals in which case its best if one person holds all of them. 
• Survival- fight endless enemies for as long as you want every 5 min you will get a reward. Life support moduales will spawn which will restore you life support by 30% personal life supports will drop from enemies which will replenish 4% you start with 100% and it goes down and you need to keep it up to survive once it reaches 0 your shields will start to deplete and then you health will go down and stop at 5 health.
HUD
ScxUj5P.jpg
So once your in a mission we get a fairly simple HUD(Heads Up Display)
In the top left you will see the map and under that if applicable objectives like data terminals or targets. You gan expand to see a larger map by hitting your touch pad.
Top right is you warframe info the blue is your shields which can regenerate and your health. Directly under that will be a green bar thats your stamina which is used when sprinting jumping or using melee( can fill back up)
Right under that is your warframes LVL unranked-30 and what warframe you are using. Under that will be the same info except for your sentinel if you have one or kubrow when they come out. In the middle is your cross hair and the full circle around that will go around like a clock when reloading to show when the reload will be done and if you have a charge weapon like a bow it will do the same except that's how much its charged underneath that will be 4 dots which are basically useless so i would take them off in options the will show you your last used abilities if you go into changing you controller alot you might want it. Bottom right is your clip size on the left and how much ammo on the right. Under that is your weapons lvl and its name and lvl progress then 4 symbols under that which are your abilities they will glow white when you have enough energy to cast it and under that is your energy bar and a number showing you how much you have.
Its good in your options to turn on the show player list option and turn off the show ability dots
Energy Health Shields
ScxUj5P.jpgEnergy allows you to use your abilities normally the first ability costs 25 the 2nd 50 the 3rd 75 the 4th or ultimate 100 you can gain energy by collecting energy orbs by killing enemies or looting. ( The aura mod energy siohon  can increase it also) 
Health is how much health you warframe has it can be increased with mods and can be restored with one aura mod and certain warframes abilities like Trinity and Oberon. Heath orbs will drop from look lockers or canisters the only other way to get them is from Nekros desecrating or Oberons ultimate which has a chance to drop them.
Shields also can be increased with mods. Also the time it takes to start to replenish decreased and the rate that it increases increased. Shields can be bypassed by certain damage types Slash and toxic and poison and will go strait to health but its not bad enough to worry about.
LVL's and Mastery Rank And Forma
Every weapon and warframe and sentinal have levels. When you get a new one it will be unranked as you use it or have it equipped it will gain affinity leveling it up naturally it takes more affinity as you go like any leveling system. The max lvl for everything is 30.
Mastery Rank- Think of this as your actual level it increases as you get new weapons and warframes to lvl 30 once their when you use that weapon it will not help your mastery rank. Im pretty sure when you first start the game you will be able to test to get to rank 1 so you start a 0 which is and exterminate test. 
So the tests are a verity of different tasks you must complete continue to the next mastery rank. Any affinity gained after you reach the cap of your current rank will carry over to the next rank.
Some weapons will be mastery rank locked so you will want to keep trying to get it up meaning you need to be a certain rank to unlock them. 
Forma is used once a Weapon or warframe reaches lvl 30 you can reset its rank to change the polarity of a slot for moding which i will go over. Once you forma a weapon that xp does not go to you mastery rank. 
Moding
This it the hardest part to get in warframe but once you get it your set. Im going to use an online editor to help show this and feel free to mess around on it to learn and explore the other mods. 
Here is a build of an Excalibur i have changed to show how polarity works http://goo.gl/ieZY3f
You will notice i have 4 mods here now let me explain how to read the mods.
In the top left is the name of the mod in the top right is the cost of the mod and next to that is its polarity.On the left is the mods rank which i will go over next. At the bottom is the description and also tells you what you can use that mod on and its rarity. Note you will also see a C(#) next to what you can put the mod on that # is it's conclave rating which is relatively unimportant. 
So now look at the link and you will notice Radial Javelin with a cost of 10 and a = ( For a lack or characters) Continuity with a cost of 4 and a V polarity, flow with 4 and a -- polarity, and redirection cost of 4 and a D polarity. Now you will notice the mod slot on the bottom right has no polarity ( you cannot see but all of the slots on the bottom have no polarity) and all of the slots on the top have a different polarity. 
So i took the same mods and now put them with the matching polarity http://goo.gl/e7uauD now notice the cost is now blue and all of the costs have been cut in half,  divided by to whichever you like to say. You don't want to put a mod with a different polarity in that slot always match unless you need to mismatching polarity's will make the mod cost more 
Now for auras and mod capacity http://goo.gl/y9nKkt here is a warframe that is LVL 30 with no mods notice how under installed mods you see a green bar with a 30 and a 30 on the right. So look here http://goo.gl/1eYNdK i put the aura mod Steel Charge that's fully ranked up in the aura slot notice how the 30's have changed to 39's. So aura mods increase mod capacity and when you match polarity's of the mod and the slot it will double the amount it adds. So say for this example i make the polarity of the aura a V to match the mod it will go from 9 to 18 and change the 30 capacity to a 49. As of now only warframes and melees have mods that can do this. 
One other thing to know is orikin catalyst and reactors we call them potato's they will double the mod capacity on any warframe or weapon sentinel.(Refer to the last links for # references) So at lvl 30 you have a 30 complicity but with a potato it will have a 60 capacity now. Note this does not also double aura mods the aura only adds on to what the weapon warframe has.    
Most mods are straight forward on what they do but to maximize you dame you will want to use elemental mods im just going to put the link to the wiki for this because you really dont need to wory about it at the start http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0
Finaly is fusion fusion allows you to increase the rank of your mods once your in your mod screen you can hit R3 and move over to installed mods for quick access to the ones you have on then select fusion on the left then select the mod you wish to rank up then it should show up on the left hand side then you go add other mods to it so say you wanted to upgrade that steel charge i showed befor you would go to your fusion cores on the far right of the lists and select how many you want to put in or find duplicate mods of the same polarity to get the most out of them
Foundry/Marker/Currency/Inventory
Foundry-Here you will see all of your blue prints for new weapons etc. To craft a warframe you will need to acquire all of its parts the BP must be bought in the market the 3 remaining pieces are the helmet systems and chassis each will need to be build separately you will need to farm to get the BP for each part then put  them all together with the  Actual BP
Weapons and mostly everything else will just require resources you can see where to get each resource when you look at the start map it will tell you what each planet has to offer. Building is pretty simple and straight forward  ( note if you do not have the mastery rank to use a weapon it wont let you build it 
Currency- Their are 2 forums of currency credits and platinum( Plat for short ) credits can be obtained by completing missions enemies drop it selling extra parts and mods plat you can buy or trade to get. You can buy almost anything with plat and the best deal on blat comes with the prime access which can be a bit expensive
Market- Here is where you buy your BP's for everything and accessories everything is here.

Chat and trading
Once you are in the chat section by hitting the options button on your controller you can use R1 to navigate the different tabs region chat are players near you for general discussion clan chat is only members in our clan. 
Recruiting you can go to in if you need a Taxi to an alert need to do a certain tower to get prime parts look for rare resources farming etc. 
Trading will see WTT WTS WTB WT=Willing to S=sell T=trade B=Buy to trade you need to be in the clan and go to the trading post. Their is a small tax on trades and you can trade with plat. 
LF=Looking For Taxi= they want to get to a certain mission or your looking for one.
Abilitys
This one is guna be quick like i said under energy the frist 25 and 2nd 50 and so on. Each warframe has their own unique set of abilities once they are the = mods and you can only put them on the warframe the go to once they are on the warframe and you have enough energy to use each you use the touch pad to activate it. 
For example i will use Excaliburs ability's
1) Slash dash Swipe 
2)Radial Blind swipe down 
3)Super jump swipe left (Does not cost 75 to cast and i think this is the only exception)
4)Radial Javelin swipe right

Edited by (PS4)regal_domain

Ok ill try that i didnt know  you could upgrade mods.

Yeah we do not have a very good new player experience. Hopefully this will change in teh future but as of now, you'll have to ask at the older tenno.

-snip-

Yer spoilers are not working.

Sory i guess spoilers dont work on this forum or have a different code. 

You just have the code for them a bit off is all.

[spoiler]Stuff[/spoiler]

Will result in

stuff

Basically you can't do what you did with the = sign and everything after it in the opening part of the tag.

As for advice to you fusion;  Mods are the lifeblood of everything, having powerful combinations of mods make a massive difference in your ability to survive and kill things.

A non-RPG/stat based tip I'll give you though.  Never stand still, and only aim down your sights when firing at longer ranges.  Hip firing and moving fast is a huge key to surviving in this game.

The core of game remains grinding. Grinding for Mods, grinding for materials, grinding for gear parts.

At the heart of Warframe are Mods. Mods and Mod Energy are the be all and end all of the power progression system.

While you may "level" up your Warframe and weapons that leveling in and of itself does not increase your overall power. You MUST find an accumulate Mods to fill in that potential.

The best places to do this are any kind of high spawn rate mission. Defense, Mobile Defense, Survival, Interception. The more enemies that spawn, the more swings you get at the Random Loot Drop system which is the gate keeper to CRITICAL must have Mods.

To this end you will very likely need to return to Mercury, Venus, and Earth to play the mission types I have posted. In course of getting the CRITICAL mods you will also accumulate duplicates and Fusion Cores, which can be used to Fuse (level) those mods and increase their power.

Please read the following: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Fusion

CRITICAL mods for new players are:

Warframe:

Redirection (shields)

Vitality (health)

Guns:

Damage

Multi-shot (which is more damage)

Elemental Damage

Most of these (especially pure Damage modes) are multi-ranked and quite costly to "level" in terms of credits, duplicates, and fusion cores. Do not expect to get past Rank 8 on most of the 10 rank mods. This is OKAY for newer players. You do not have to have 100% maxed out mods to be viable at your stage of play.

Everything else is detail which is ONLY important once you enter high-level play regularly (high level being defined as enemies starting at 40+), which you will not find on the normal Star Chart. By the time you are ready to fight at this level you will have learned more about the game and be ready for it.

*edit*

Even a trash weapon like the Braton Mk1 (which you should replace with a normal Braton) can kill enemies at high (level 20-30) levels of the Star Chart nodes in Normal play, IF you have the Ranked Mods to put on it.

Edited by Brasten